Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    Made the same control changes and noticed that too. It's very annoying.

It's counter intuitive. I'd imagine the option to map those is missing on PC as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mercys dropping like flies in comp with the new rez. Only rezzes with Valkyrie will be any good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Mercys dropping like flies in comp with the new rez. Only rezzes with Valkyrie will be any good now.

Aye, was playing on my gold account there with friends and the mercy on both teams was getting massacred, good times tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I like her. I have to adjust my playstyle a bit though. She needs to be in the thick of it - i normally play orisa and zen who play at distance. I think she fits right into the game though.

I was hoping the fade would be vertical as well.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mercy seems to be in a good place now, she was pretty much broken before.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Mercy seems to be in a good place now, she was pretty much broken before.

Yeah i think so. I jumped straight into comp with her this morning, not a great idea, got slaughtered, lost 3-4 games in a row, then got the hang of her and won the next 3. It feels like a more defensive mercy, I got my ult more often, had to be very careful with the rez, it cost the game at least once when I tried to rez someone thinking i might get away with it.

If someone dies and theyre in a postition to be rezed theres no question of whether theyre worth it or not youre taking that rez!

edit: didnt see anyone pic ana so no change there at the lower tiers anyway

I was hoping the fade would be vertical as well.

It kinda can be used like that. You can jump and bounce off things to get to out of reach places but you can't go directly upwards.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I played a bit of Ana but didn't think the 10 extra damage made feck all difference tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Really enjoying playing as Moira. Lots of quick decision making but that fade is such a good get out of jail card. The reach on her attack is crazy, its a good thing its about as damaging as being hit with a wet tissue. I got a good few games with her in QP so it was a little more realistic that that Moira 6vs6 nausea inducing orb-a-thon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Plague Maiden

I picked up Overwatch on release and enjoyed the 5 or 6 hours I spent with it. Then I put it aside. I guess I just didn't 'get' the character system. But my taste in games has moved on a lot in the past year and Overwatch now seems like the exact thing I'm looking for, i.e. a fun FPS that has some of the characterisation and individuality I'd expect in an RPG/fantasy title.

But I don't know how to get into it. It feels like everyone else knows all of the characters and maps inside out and I'm just running around like a headless chicken. I've never been very good on the frontline in FPS games so what little success I've had has come with Widowmaker, but even then I feel like I'm not doing enough with her. What's my best approach with her?

I can't stick to just one character because it will compromise my teammates, so I'm thinking maybe playing as a medic. Any tips there?

I'm never gonna cut it as an offensive player. I'm just not that type of gamer. I'm just hoping there's a role for me to play in this game. Really starting to fall in love with it.

I can't stick to just one character because it will compromise my teammates, so I'm thinking maybe playing as a medic. Any tips there?

I'm never gonna cut it as an offensive player. I'm just not that type of gamer. I'm just hoping there's a role for me to play in this game. Really starting to fall in love with it.

Mercy!!

She can heal people or powerboost them(if someone needs health healing is priority). She's best kept behind the squad healing as much as can be, she's very mobile so when you get good at her you wont die much. Her ult is amazing and can be a total gamechanger. Dont rez people who have died beside enemies, only those that are safe to rez cause it takes a couple of seconds to pull off now

Learn a tank

Rein - The best thing rein can do is stand in front of the team with his shield to allow the dps to shoot freely, if your team has a soldier/mccree/junkrat this is especially useful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I played a bit of Ana but didn't think the 10 extra damage made feck all difference tbh.

It's there to 3 tap mercy imo. Won't work cos mercy is usually on another map with pharrah

I wonder will pharmacy actually be more prevalent now that the early rez isnt quite just as game changing as it was(seen as you likely wont even be able to make the rez)

She can 3 shot all 200 HP characters now instead of 4 shotting.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    She can 3 shot all 200 HP characters now instead of 4 shotting.

Yeah I managed to figure that out myself :pac: but it didn't really seem to make much of a practical difference during a match as you don't often get a chance to focus down a full health enemy.

I picked up Overwatch on release and enjoyed the 5 or 6 hours I spent with it. Then I put it aside. I guess I just didn't 'get' the character system. But my taste in games has moved on a lot in the past year and Overwatch now seems like the exact thing I'm looking for, i.e. a fun FPS that has some of the characterisation and individuality I'd expect in an RPG/fantasy title.

But I don't know how to get into it. It feels like everyone else knows all of the characters and maps inside out and I'm just running around like a headless chicken. I've never been very good on the frontline in FPS games so what little success I've had has come with Widowmaker, but even then I feel like I'm not doing enough with her. What's my best approach with her?

What are you playing on? I'm sure you could group up with some people from here and they can help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah I managed to figure that out myself :pac: but it didn't really seem to make much of a practical difference during a match as you don't often get a chance to focus down a full health enemy.

Its most useful when you get dived, you can actually defend yourself instead of hopefully sleeping and waiting for a teammate to save you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just went up 38SR after a decent Winston game, no idea how that happened. 26-9 with 8k dmg blocked, normally get way less after a similar performance.

I'll take it though, feel like this could be my season to finish above 2400, if not plat.

*edit* And down 53SR after a 4-3 loss, went 45-15 or something? Anyone else experiencing crazy changes?

I've gotten to play Moria every game today and I'm really enjoying her. I think the X is loading me into the Hero select way quicker than on the S so I'm getting first pick everytime.

Healing is good, damage isn't over the top and been able to top up Genji at a distance is really handy.

• Advertisement

I cant get a game with her, tried deathmatch instead. She feels great though. Wont be using her in comp any time soon but hopefully in a few days the instalocking will stop.

How long does it usually take for a new hero to be enabled in comp?

A week.

Just gonna wait until comp to test her. Most will be testing her in QP and Arcade, she won't get instalocked in comp.

Moria is my favourite Hero in the game.

She's brilliant. Her kit is great, her heal is strong, her damage is good, the way you've to balance the heals by damaging is a super addition.

Her Fade and Orb probably need 2-3 seconds added to each though as they are available way to often.

Bastion, Pharah and Zen have cause me the most trouble but I'm finding her quite strong against Hanzo (fade past him), Reaper (back away slowly while damaging) and Junkrat. You won't kill many tanks without a lot of help.

Her Ult teams very well with a Reapers. You'll top him up and damage the enemy enough for him to wipe them all.

Her damage beam has a longer range than Symetras but doesn't stay locked on as much. Her heal beam doesn't seem to have the same range as the damage one but I'm finding it hard to judge it yet.

The healing needs some kind of feedback. I have no idea if I'm healing or not.

The healing needs some kind of feedback. I have no idea if I'm healing or not.

It needs a similar sound effect to mercy.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Moria is my favourite Hero in the game.

She's brilliant. Her kit is great, her heal is strong, her damage is good, the way you've to balance the heals by damaging is a super addition.

Her Fade and Orb probably need 2-3 seconds added to each though as they are available way to often.

Bastion, Pharah and Zen have cause me the most trouble but I'm finding her quite strong against Hanzo (fade past him), Reaper (back away slowly while damaging) and Junkrat. You won't kill many tanks without a lot of help.

Her Ult teams very well with a Reapers. You'll top him up and damage the enemy enough for him to wipe them all.

Her damage beam has a longer range than Symetras but doesn't stay locked on as much. Her heal beam doesn't seem to have the same range as the damage one but I'm finding it hard to judge it yet.

Her damage range is 20m and heal is the same as Mercy's beam, 15m. Measured them in the practice arena with the markers.

Her damage range is 20m and heal is the same as Mercy's beam, 15m. Measured them in the practice arena with the markers.

That makes sense. I definitely got the feeling she wasn't healing at the same range as she was causing damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just played a Deathmatch game on King's Row.
    Got killed by a Widow camping in a tunnel.
    My corpse (Pharah) flew forward and he teabagged me.

I hunted him down so hard, he ragequit the match :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Anyone following the high level profile banning?

XQC banned live on stream - apparently for abusing the reporting system. Literally in the middle of a match. He's a high profile streamer/pro player who will be playing in OWL. He deserves it too, filling in fake reports. I guess Blizzard think that since he is a pro and will be partaking in OWL he needs to be judged by higher standards.

A lot of top level one tricks are also getting banned too - torb/sym one tricks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement