Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

Sight808 wrote: »
    Anyone following the high level profile banning?

XQC banned live on stream - apparently for abusing the reporting system. Literally in the middle of a match. He's a high profile streamer/pro player who will be playing in OWL. He deserves it too, filling in fake reports. I guess Blizzard think that since he is a pro and will be partaking in OWL he needs to be judged by higher standards.

A lot of top level one tricks are also getting banned too - torb/sym one tricks.

I think this video covers it all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Had a good run of games with Moira there. Obviously it's QP and people still don't know how best to counter her, but I got 4 gold medals in 3 games in a row there. Her damage output is surprisingly good. She's a bit of a beast, more fun to play than I'd expected!

It also took me a couple of games to cop that her primary fire directly heals her. I thought it just refilled her resource metre for a good few games there...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If Mercy one tricks won't get banned, you can't ban Torb/Sym one tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

It turned out tbat fuey chap sat in spawn and wouldnt play cause someone else had pick torb. Eejit

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I'm glad blizzard are taking this action. TBH I don't really come across many 1 tricks anyway - usually people who main but then again nobody has a problem with the 100hr + Mercy players. I'm kind of more worried about getting reported for picking off meta heroes - like sombra, literally people have a freak out in spawn if i take her. I know blizzard say picking off meta hero isn't a reportable offense but lets face it a lot of people playing this game are morons, how many times have we seen the phrase "please report out hanzo/widow/sombra/junkrat/sym/torb" message at end of game either by the team you are on or the other team.

I understand why Blizzard are doing this but I wonder if it will force a meta on us or even worse, in the eyes of the shouty moany people report anyone who picks a off meta hero.

at any rate it will be interesting to see how the community changes will be implemented over the next few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I hate Moiras accent........ Just doesn't fit. Maybe I'm just too accustomed to not hearing Irish voices in games.

Cant wait to see how moira gets on in comp. I find using her shes so good at fighting that i often forget to heal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

IvoryTower wrote:
    It turned out tbat fuey chap sat in spawn and wouldnt play cause someone else had pick torb. Eejit

Not why he was banned at all.
    He was banned for not playing friendly that is not changing when asked by the rest of team.

Response from blizzard got fairly savaged apparently, not in defence of fuey but for the mixed messages they sent.

He Contacted them about the ban and was specifically told it's not for for tricking, but for not changing when asked to build a team.

He replied so will you ban the one trick mercy for not changing to orissa to shield my turret then, as she is not changing to make a team comp happen.

He got no answer and that's when people started to get pissed at blizzard.

Personally I think it's stupid, if he's at that rank and staying there with a one trick torb he is obviously not throwing, he's just real good at it.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Not why he was banned at all.
    He was banned for not playing friendly that is not changing when asked by the rest of team.

Response from blizzard got fairly savaged apparently, not in defence of fuey but for the mixed messages they sent.

He Contacted them about the ban and was specifically told it's not for for tricking, but for not changing when asked to build a team.

He replied so will you ban the one trick mercy for not changing to orissa to shield my turret then, as she is not changing to make a team comp happen.

He got no answer and that's when people started to get pissed at blizzard.

Personally I think it's stupid, if he's at that rank and staying there with a one trick torb he is obviously not throwing, he's just real good at it.

Did you see the video posted of him sitting in spawn refusing to play because somebody had picked torb?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Did you see the video posted of him sitting in spawn refusing to play because somebody had picked torb?

Was that Fuey or Xul?

• Advertisement

Was that Fuey or Xul?

Pretty sure it was fuey as thats how i know tbe name, unit lost covered the story

IvoryTower wrote:
    Pretty sure it was fuey as thats how i know tbe name, unit lost covered the story

Ragtag pretty good overwatch streamer very entertaining has a video going into the thing in detail.

I couldn't tell you if fuey did or didn't 100% spawn throw, but I think it's a different guy.

Regardless that's not why he was banned his ban was 24 hours specifically for not being friendly and switching hero to make a team comp when asked.

That's from blizzard, sitting g in spawn is no part of the ban Wether he did or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

jcd5971 wrote: »

Regardless that's not why he was banned his ban was 24 hours specifically for not being friendly and switching hero to make a team comp when asked.

That's from blizzard, sitting g in spawn is no part of the ban Wether he did or not.

Doesn't sitting in spawn contribute to "not being friendly" though? Regardless of what he was banned for there's enough evidence to show that he deserved to be banned.

Doesn't sitting in spawn contribute to "not being friendly" though? Regardless of what he was banned for there's enough evidence to show that he deserved to be banned.

I think your missing the point.
    I'd have no issue if he was banned for spawn camping, but he wasn't banned for that.

Also I'm 90% sure your thinking of the other guy banned.

He was banned only for not changing from torb. That is it nothing else just not changing torb. Even blizzard have said that's what the ban is for specifically.

I think that's the problem, there is a lack of clarification on what the rules are in terms of do's and dont's. On the one hand the game is team based but your ranked SR after a match is taken on your individual performances with a certain hero. You gain less SR if you cycle through different heroes in a game.

Someone mentioned the Raggtag video, really worth a watch. Probably the best one I've seen on the subject.

Sight808 wrote:
    Someone mentioned the Raggtag video, really worth a watch. Probably the best one I've seen on the subject.

That was me, he's great streamer in general the toxic coaching videos on YouTube are some laugh.

I think its okay to ban them. But in saying that i dont overly care if theres a one trick on my team, but i imagine at the very top where its super competitive it can be a scourge. Interesting post on reddit about a guy whos played with that top 500 sym about 50 times and hates it. Says he cant stand having to always build the team around him and has never enjoyed playing with him. That sounds reasonable. And if 100s of people are reporting him youd imagine hes not the only one

Two wins off masters. Put in a game with someone called "I_Dont_Swap" and he instalocks Widow. True to his name, he doesn't swap despite constantly being swamped by D.Va and Winston. His game consisted of leaving spawn, grapple to high spot, fire one or two shots into D.Va's Defence Matrix before dying. Rinse repeat.

Cúnt.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Two wins off masters. Put in a game with someone called "I_Dont_Swap" and he instalocks Widow. True to his name, he doesn't swap despite constantly being swamped by D.Va and Winston. His game consisted of leaving spawn, grapple to high spot, fire one or two shots into D.Va's Defence Matrix before dying. Rinse repeat.

Cúnt.

report away, with the new rules he shouldnt be long picking up a ban, and with that name....

okay so blizzard have said you dont get banned for one tricking that those people were auto banned by the system because they got reported so much.

good unit lost video on it here, he was talking to a one trick bastion (prob kolorbastion)

• Advertisement

Bastion on the payload with pocket Mercy and Orisa Shield is such a fúcking pain.

Orisa's shield cooldown could do with another 2 seconds added on. Destroy one and she plonks another down.

Run to Masters is off anyway, 150SR down today. Been filling this season, waiting until to last to see what is needed which basically means being a Mercy main. Thankfully Moira is out in a few days because I am instalocking her every time until I learn her.

I'm climbing that ladder bois!

Up to 2830 so far, found a nice group tp play with also, mostly 2/3 stack. makes huge difference although 90% of my games are solo Q.

Win rates for Zarya and Rein are 75+% while hog is 60%. Doing some healing too. Might have done this last season but the meta wasn't kind to my skill set (dva winston etc)

Things I'm noticing.. more balanced comps.. at least 1 healer & Tank but you usually get 2. More coms chat.. less feeding/more grouping/more ult combos (not much) it's not a promise land of amazing matches and people switching when it isnt working but it's way better than gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Was climbing the ladder, trying to hit gold.

Got hit with an ISP outage instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,763 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Had a quick go at the FFA Deathmatch mode for the first time last night. That was a lot of fun. Won it too as Junkrat. Only pain was being spawned in the same place 4 times in a row where a Symmetra had set up a bunch of turrets. Never killed me, just took a chunk of health each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

J. Marston wrote:
    Orisa's shield cooldown could do with another 2 seconds added on. Destroy one and she plonks another down.

I've been playing quite a bit of Orisa lately, so the cooldown is in my favour, but yeah, it does need longer to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

seems like a fair nerf tbf, especially for the lower ranks, she would be way op up to plat id imagine

still cant wait to play her in comp

Oh do fúck off, Blizzard.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »

Talk about completely blowing a small change out of proportion.

The hit box was to big as it was this looks a lot better. Genji and Tracer will be able to dodge you a lot better now but you'll still charge your meter really quick on Tanks.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Talk about completely blowing a small change out of proportion.

The hit box was to big as it was this looks a lot better. Genji and Tracer will be able to dodge you a lot better now but you'll still charge your meter really quick on Tanks.

Agreed - I've been trying her out in deathmatch and she's way too good at taking people out....get someone in a room/corridor and throw an orb and just melt them away. Be more akin to how zarya works now - melt tanks and larger squishies..np - track a genji and tracer.. good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement