Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There's loud call to have his turret nerfed on consoles, or maybe the auto aim reflex slowed.

I'm on the fence about it, I know it's a killer when they have two on Dorado, but the game is about problem solving, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They should make the turrets burst-fire instead, and perhaps have a cool down after a certain period of sustained fire. Maybe have it so that non-turret kills/assists reset the cooldown, I dunno

They need to do something about it. Half of matches for me have Torbjorn getting POTG via his turret

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Grayditch wrote: »
    There's loud call to have his turret nerfed on consoles, or maybe the auto aim reflex slowed.

I'm on the fence about it, I know it's a killer when they have two on Dorado, but the game is about problem solving, too.

To be honest my issue is with the auto-aim and range. I know there's counters to them, but that isn't always an option if you're up against two of them and a Bastion.

A few times on Widowmaker I'll have my shot lined up, peek around a corner and take a shot, but it's already taken off half my life in a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Came up against 3 of them a tank and a healer on anubis. To say if wasn't pretty is an understatement.

Even if we killed a turret we'd get milled by at least one of the others and the players themselves. We got the first objective but only just and then faced the same problem for objective two but with minimum time we hadn't a hope.

Most annoying defence going and not much fun to get through as randoms. With a coordinated team I guess it would be a piece of cake though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Her Concussive Blast can knock bunches of enemies off the edge of maps, especially ones like Ilios.

Got this Potg last night :pac:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The turrets will surely get nerfed.

Two or three Tjoborns and a Mercy makes defending relatively easy.

Sonics2k wrote: »

A few times on Widowmaker I'll have my shot lined up, peek around a corner and take a shot, but it's already taken off half my life in a moment.

I get minced in the air a lot, with Pharah. I wouldn't be against reducing the range a little, I guess. And I use Torbjorn a lot.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Suggestion for Turrets: make them have a finite ammo capacity that Torbjorn can reload with scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can you leave the character select screen without getting the leavers penalty? I don't like being in a team with 3 Tjorborns and 2 Tracers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Had a game today with 6 Torbjörn's defending Gibraltar, as you can imagine the attacking team did not even get past the first checkpoint, it was actually quite trippy seeing the 6 of us running about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

The one time I tried an all Trollbjorn run, we got wrecked.

Ha, they might wanna look at a 15% reduction in damage for every duplicate Torbjorn picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Benzino wrote: »
    My biggest problem with Overwatch is the matchmaking. I seem to constantly get paired with players who are twice my level. Last night, the other team had a player at level 75 after prestiged (or whatever it's called). It's not an uncommon sight to see the other team with 2+ players who have prestiged.

the levels only denote time played, not skill.

Got 19 eliminations in a game with Mercy. Pretty proud!

I'm enjoying the game immensely but if something isn't done about this Tjorborn turret stuff, I can't see myself sticking with it too much longer.

Been ridiculous tonight. Encountered two Tjorborn squads and one with 5 Tjorborns and a Widowmaker.

In the Hanamura map, the team I was on tried all manner of team setups to take the second checkpoint but with turrets dotted all over the room and six shítty little dwarves taking potshots everywhere, it was practically impossible.

If all that sounds whiny, it's because I am. Fúck Tjorborn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

H246k8L.png

Top 300... on PS4... with Symmetra.

Hey, it's a big deal to me, ok :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Are the turrets really that much of an issue? People just need to focus on them. I've played a load of games where players will be getting shot at or lasered by turrets and will carry on, somehow blissfully unaware.

Winston will destroy Symetra turrets really quickly.

Gengi, Widow, Hanzo, Pharah and Soldier all do a pretty good job against torbjorn turrets.

I personally don't think they need to be nerfed. If you're in a team and you see a turret, that should be the first thing you focus on. Only other thing worth focusing on after that is a Mercy.

Edit: I did just notice Grayditch say on console. Maybe it's more of an issue there but I still think if a team focuses on it, it won't be any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

H246k8L.png

Top 300... on PS4... with Symmetra.

Hey, it's a big deal to me, ok :pac:

Probably region specific, not to sh1t on your parade....well done an that...but just saying :p
    I've the same as Pharah ...but in Korea, If I change to NA..which I haven't played on as much...it's actually much lower.

us91Epf.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

also Total score would mean you've just played her more than everyone else :P score/min is what you'd want :) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the game immensely but if something isn't done about this Tjorborn turret stuff, I can't see myself sticking with it too much longer.

Been ridiculous tonight. Encountered two Tjorborn squads and one with 5 Tjorborns and a Widowmaker.

In the Hanamura map, the team I was on tried all manner of team setups to take the second checkpoint but with turrets dotted all over the room and six shítty little dwarves taking potshots everywhere, it was practically impossible.

If all that sounds whiny, it's because I am. Fúck Tjorborn!

tumblr_o5v16kZSHW1uh0dojo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think the turrets should turn slower, or have like a fixed 180 cover or something. That they snap onto targets in a 360 cover is massively annoying. I'll go through the effort to get behind a Tjorborn and have a turret just snap onto me, when even the player doesnt even know im coming.

At the same time this game has counters, there is strategy and tactics here, and balance will obviously take some time upon release to get better. But not everything nonsense, is a broken mechanic. I actually find Hanzo the most ridiculous and frustrating champion. Being able to 1 shot you, and it not be a headshot, is pretty annoying. And don't get me started on his ult. But I'm not calling for him to be nerfed, just need to get better at dealing with one.

I have to say I don't find Tjorborn an issue at all, just annoying sometimes how his turrets turn so fast. As a Reaper, I'm pretty handy at getting behind people and disrupting lines. We played a Tjorborn defence team on Saturday had little to no problem smashing through them quickly on a payload map. There is plenty of counters.

I guess as always with a game like this, it's about separating what are the actual issues with balance, and what issues are down to player skill/ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Putting a 180 fix on Torbjorn's turrets definitely isn't the answer, that would make him ridiculously weak given how easy it is to flank in many of these maps. I don't agree that any kind of nerf is necessary at all in all honesty, once you put down a Torbjorn turret once, it becomes extremely difficult for him to get set back up anywhere meaningful without having it destroyed before it even becomes active again.

The team I usually roll with on Ps4 came up against 4 Torbjorns on Hanamura's second cap point. It proved extremely annoying at first, but after switching to 2 x Genji to flank right and deal with the upper turrets on the balcony, we sent in 2 x Reinhardt and 2 x Soldier to deal with the 2 turrets set up in the main room. Turrets went down no problem, and due to what I said above, the Torbjorn's just didn't have the speed to get their set up going again.

The game definitely lends itself well to troll teams spamming a certain character, and I agree it is frustrating, but the sheer number of counters makes this a non-issue for me personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Watch these & then you can maybe formulate counter strategies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Torbjorns are only a problem because of people's unwillingness to switch hero to deal with them. I would like to see something like a delay in spotting enemies for the turrets though, rather than snapping instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Torbjorns are only a problem because of people's unwillingness to switch hero to deal with them. I would like to see something like a delay in spotting enemies for the turrets though, rather than snapping instantly.

TBH its good that they snap so quickly, better than walking out from cover a few feet, then them snapping on you and riddling you while you panic for cover and lose more health/die.

They are easy to take care of, sniper/hanzo/pharoh/junk/S76 can rinse them out of it.

If Blizzard could implement a mandatory PAYLOAD tutorial in the next update, that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BlueBlossom

A payload tutorial would be great, too many playing in the style of team deathmatch. 10 million players and only about 3% are moving the payload. There is only so much one person can do..

As for Torbjorn. That auto lock is a killer. I look forward to the new ranking system though and a time when a team has to have different characters. Team full of tracers or bastians can be just as bad :/

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's crazy how many ignore the payload.

"Get on the objective!"

"There's an objective?!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement