Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sight808 wrote: »
    I know your own PS.. what way were teams lining up in comp?

Would've been a few changes but from what I remember the comps were mainly:

Our was Moira, Rein, Junk (on defence, Tracer on attack), Zarya, Ana (on defence, Mercy on attack), Pharah.

Theirs was Moira, Rein, Reaper (Junk on defence), Zarya, Mercy, Genji.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Played four games as Moira tonight, 1 draw three losses. Every game I'd over 8k healing (9k is my average with Mercy) and kept touching medals for kills. I didn't get a second healer in any game for more than two minutes.

After the last game where I had 10k healing, bronze kills, and silver objective kills I got a message telling me not to play Moria.

Yep that's fair enough Mr DPS you tell me not to play a healer when your the last to pick and and decide that a third DPS is needed you idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Actually lost against a throw comp. Hanzo, Widow, Torb, Bastion, Genji and Hog steamrolled us on Horizon point B.

If I had a mic on I would've been banned for life for the abuse I wanted to dish out. Useless shower of shít.

Should Moira's attack ball charge up Zarya's energy? I think it should. It doesn't at the moment. I find it strange that the ball knows what to attack and what not to attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I think moiras elims are more like assists. That ball touches everyone and she getx kills for it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Should Moira's attack ball charge up Zarya's energy? I think it should. It doesn't at the moment. I find it strange that the ball knows what to attack and what not to attack.

Shes the head of scientific research, she made reaper, she pretty smart

I'm loving Máire. She's actually a counter to Pharah. He range is pretty far and Pharah just float so its so easy to lock onto her. Her ult is similar to Zenyetta's for defending Zarya's grav bomb. You just fade out of the grav and then use your ult on all your team mates in there. That's the single best thing about Zenyetta's ult and she can do it too AND attack enemies at the same time. Maybe the healing isn't as strong though. Her ult charges so damn fast with the purple attack orb. Just constantly fire it like Reinhardt's fire strike. Fade is so powerful and with six seconds cool down. It's like reaper's ability except even better. People might get used to it soon and try to predict where you go soon. Right now when I use, people completely forget I was ever there. I'm getting abuse in comp for using her but getting like 15k healing and silver damage speaks for itself. They just don't understand her yet.

I'm loving Máire. She's actually a counter to Pharah. He range is pretty far and Pharah just float so its so easy to lock onto her. Her ult is similar to Zenyetta's for defending Zarya's grav bomb. You just fade out of the grav and then use your ult on all your team mates in there. That's the single best thing about Zenyetta's ult and she can do it too AND attack enemies at the same time. Maybe the healing isn't as strong though. Her ult charges so damn fast with the purple attack orb. Just constantly fire it like Reinhardt's fire strike. Fade is so powerful and with six seconds cool down. It's like reaper's ability except even better. People might get used to it soon and try to predict where you go soon. Right now when I use, people completely forget I was ever there. I'm getting abuse in comp for using her but getting like 15k healing and silver damage speaks for itself. They just don't understand her yet.

Pharah is one of her strongest counters. A good Pharah will stay out of Range and you won't be able to do anything to her. Now saying that Moira would be a great counter to those Pharahs who can't fly very well like me :pac:

Your Ult doesn't put out enough healing per second to save people in a Grav if a Hanzo/Genji/Pharah/Reaper Ult into it unlike Zens. It's plenty of your stuck though and just have normal fire coming in.

I'm enjoying playing her. You can solo heal if the team sticks together but it's better to have a second healer with you to help top everyone's health when your off doing damage to charge your meter.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »

Crap... You didn't even use "The State Of You" :pac:

Third game with her.

Even on my best games as DPS, I struggle to get that many eliminations. Fade gives her insane survivability. Looking at my stats, I'm averaging 9.7 eliminations per life.

I'm putting it down to people still figuring her out though but she stills feels great to play.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Third game with her.

Even on my best games as DPS, I struggle to get that many eliminations. Fade gives her insane survivability. Looking at my stats, I'm averaging 9.7 eliminations per life.

I'm putting it down to people still figuring her out though but she stills feels great to play.

She pairs very well with a second support. Jumped on for a few games earlier with one of the lads, won them all.

I played Zen on attack and Lucio on Defense, he played Moira as he wanted a bash at her.

I finished Gold healing everytime but my discord paired very well with her damage orb and damage ability so he was clearing up on kills. It was an awful lot of fun to be fair.

Moria herself is great with a really nice kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

yea just aftering playing 4/5 rounds in QP. defo great fun - ending most games on fire with gold elims and healing. Defo not a single healing option though, but again super fun!

Oh I meant to say after upgrading to the Xbox One X I'm loading into games before all of my group by up to 10 seconds. I get first pick of what ever hero I want :)

Her balls hit everyone so she gets a lot more "elims" that are really just assists, still a beast mind.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Her balls hit everyone so she gets a lot more "elims" that are really just assists, still a beast mind.

Shh, I'm wrecking teams single-handedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Yeah, it's the D.va effect of doing tickle damage to loads of enemies that get counted as elims when someone finishes them. That said, I've had a good few games with gold and silver hero damage as Moira, so she's definitely doing good numbers.

Seeing lots of mad team comps, its great! Feels like theres much more variety thanks to moira and the mercy nerf. And i say that as a mercy main whos getting hammered for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dinoflask is back with a new vid...

He's so good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Dinoflask is back with a new vid...

He's so good

I prefer ThatPunchKid tbh

Met a 700 hour Mei main tonight in comp. He was on mic and was asked to change to a DPS because we were getting stomped (couldn't even get down the hill attacking on Gibraltar) and he just kept saying "no, this is my main."

Hope those one-tricks bans are a thing because that prick got at least 3 reports from that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't get that fully though. Now I'm only new to Overwatch and just still playing QuickPlay, but....it is only a game at the end of the day, if someone wants to mostly/only play as a particular character people want them banned from the game? I understand that it's ****ty when people won't do what's best for the team....but I keep going back to it being just a game.

I don't get that fully though. Now I'm only new to Overwatch and just still playing QuickPlay, but....it is only a game at the end of the day, if someone wants to mostly/only play as a particular character people want them banned from the game? I understand that it's ****ty when people won't do what's best for the team....but I keep going back to it being just a game.

That's pretty much blizzards stance on it anyway. The flip side is they're ruining the experience for a lot of people by not playing the game as it's intended to be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In fairness I think it's different in Competitive. Quick Play or Arcade, pick whoever you want and have fun, but Competitive is more aimed at proper teamwork, a good team composition and not just being the one hero you want to play as all the time. If your team is struggling and somebody is playing as a hero who is ineffective for that scenario and largely incompatible with the rest of the team, they should change heroes to one who isn't.

People who don't change and just stay as the one character regardless end up causing everyone's ranking to take a hit when they lose. A team with a good composition will almost always beat one where some team members are just out for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

This is why i stopped playing Overwatch, i LOVE the game but there are just far too many greedy assholes out there in competitive land.

Having a main, the most retarded thing anybody can say, this isnt warcraft..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Knowing your team is losing and knowing you are playing a main which isn't helping is a bit of a dck move in competitive.

Mei is fantastic, but there's no way she's versatile enough for all situations and she certainly doesn't fill the void of dps in wide-open maps.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Knowing your team is losing and knowing you are playing a main which isn't helping is a but of a dck move in competitive.

Meinis fantastic, but there's no way she's versatile enough for all situations and she certainly doesn't fill the void of dps in wide-open maps.

A guy I play with is an excellent Mei. I've never come across anyone else who can kill Tracer/Genji/Pharah as consistent with the secondary fire as him. He will only play her on certain maps/points though and knows when to switch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I thrive with her on the latter half of Dorado. There's something about the multiple choke points that she becomes an absolute nightmare to deal with.

I play on console so my secondary fire isn't what it could be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭Penn

emmetkenny wrote: »
    A guy I play with is an excellent Mei. I've never come across anyone else who can kill Tracer/Genji/Pharah as consistent with the secondary fire as him. He will only play her on certain maps/points though and knows when to switch off.

Well that's it, if you're playing a hero that doesn't fit the team composition, you need to be good enough to justify it. But if the team is being held and can't move forward, time to switch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement