Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Grayditch wrote: »
    I thrive with her on the latter half of Dorado. There's something about the multiple choke points that she becomes an absolute nightmare to deal with.

I play on console so my secondary fire isn't what it could be.

She's really good on that whole map with the corners and archways the payload has to move under.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I must start trying her on Junkertown. Nothing but Orisa and Bastion there on attack and defence. Saw a cool move on Reddit where Mei boosts Bastion up with the wall to become a wide open target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Penn wrote: »
    In fairness I think it's different in Competitive. Quick Play or Arcade, pick whoever you want and have fun, but Competitive is more aimed at proper teamwork, a good team composition and not just being the one hero you want to play as all the time. If your team is struggling and somebody is playing as a hero who is ineffective for that scenario and largely incompatible with the rest of the team, they should change heroes to one who isn't.

People who don't change and just stay as the one character regardless end up causing everyone's ranking to take a hit when they lose. A team with a good composition will almost always beat one where some team members are just out for themselves.

I obviously get all that, but calling for people to be account-banned for not playing a game the way others want is surely still a bit OTT.

They're still playing the team game and not objectively doing anything wrong.

It happens in every class or character based game to some extent, and it's irritating, but it's par for the course with online gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Just had a completely mental game

On Volskaya...we are defending first.
    The other team just wipes us....runs wild..and captures the 2 points...5:34 left on their clock.
    Our turn to attack...we barely manage to get the first point...overtime stuff....then we get 40secs for timebank for the 2nd point..or whatever it is. Manage to secure 2nd point somehow straight away...3 seconds remaining.

I should point out...we were so bad to begin with because it was solo q...and everyone wanted DPS. Normally I flex...but I wanted to play Soldier. I argued that I was 1st Kill and Dmg so I was sticking. People switched up.

We have to attack again and manage to capture both points. A Symettra gets a clutch teleporter on the 2nd point.

So now we just have to hold them off for 5 mins....1st point goes down easily again unfortunately.
    I switch onto Torb for the 2nd point , we magically hold for the 5 and a half mins.
    Ended up with 56 kills or something.
    Mad game.
    Everyone badmouthing each other so much in the first round....then all braggin and saying they carried by the end of the game....and a few "I hope I don't meet any of you lot again"s thrown in for good measure.

That's me done for the night. 11:30pm, Damn Koreans :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

It happens in every class or character based game to some extent, and it's irritating, but it's par for the course with online gaming.

That's pretty much how i feel about it. In every online competitive game you have to deal with a % of quitters, trolls, one-tricks etc. Just get on with it and enjoy the good times, cause when its good, its really good.

Most people that complain endlessly about these things are people that can't accept that their rank is their rank. I have it with my own friends, some just spend all their time moaning about those things but in reality if they were better at the game they would still be able to rank up.

I'm low-mid plat and i don't deserve to be any higher. I know my only hope to hit diamond would be to to start using my mic, only play when I feel good, play for about 8 hours straight, play mostly support. Even 2 of those 4 would probably go a long way for me to move up. I'm not gonna wait for those to fall into play though, comp is too much fun for me to not play it all the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

upto 2971 due a losing streak any minute now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Got my first abusive messages inages last night.

Heal more u ****er

Eat **** and die asshole

Be grand except it was quickplay and the guy sending the messages was playing single player Genji mode.

Four games in a row I've had leavers on my team and it's always the third guy who locked DPS who proceeds to do awful and then quit.

I'd love to see some sort of ban in place where by if you leave three games early in a single 7 day period your banned for one day. If you come back after that ban and leave three games early in another 7 day period you should be given a one week ban. And so on until your fifth time and you are banned from Competitive for 6 months.

If you just want to quit games go to Quick Play or Arcade and play to your heart's content. Don't come into competitive, sulk and leave and ruin the game on five others.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Four games in a row I've had leavers on my team and it's always the third guy who locked DPS who proceeds to do awful and then quit.

I'd love to see some sort of ban in place where by if you leave three games early in a single 7 day period your banned for one day. If you come back after that ban and leave three games early in another 7 day period you should be given a one week ban. And so on until your fifth time and you are banned from Competitive for 6 months.

If you just want to quit games go to Quick Play or Arcade and play to your heart's content. Don't come into competitive, sulk and leave and ruin the game on five others.

I thought 6 or so leaves already gets you a season long ban?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought 6 or so leaves already gets you a season long ban?

Is it? Obviously it's not enough of a deterrent though. There should be much longer bans though.

Also I'm starting to see the DPS Moira Mains now. The only person they heal is themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Even QP penalises you for leaving early. I had a problem with my laptop recently and it kept locking up during games - I'd say no more than about 5 'quits'. As a result I got a 15 match penalty of -75% XP.

Is it? Obviously it's not enough of a deterrent though. There should be much longer bans though.

Also I'm starting to see the DPS Moira Mains now. The only person they heal is themselves.

What's worrying is that it's kinda viable right now.

Does it depend on how much you play? So like if ypu pmay 10 games and quit 5 it would be a lot worse than playing 100 games and quitting 5. Not sure on that but when i had to lower my rank i was able to quit abput 3-4 before getting 24hr ban. Then i think abour a week later could do the same again,not sure exactly though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote: »

is it though? The purple orb gives the impression of a lot of kills but as someone said, its like Dva, you get credit for just a tickle.

fixxxer wrote: »
    is it though? The purple orb gives the impression of a lot of kills but as someone said, its like Dva, you get credit for just a tickle.

Putting the orb on someone and draining them at the same time does decent damage and and fade can get you away very fast if/when they decide to fight back.

J. Marston wrote: »

Not when you've Solider, Tracer, Genji, Moira out doing nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm really enjoying playing her. I need to improve survivability though. like, get better with the warp and maybe be a bit more selfish with the health orb on myself sometimes.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Does it depend on how much you play? So like if ypu pmay 10 games and quit 5 it would be a lot worse than playing 100 games and quitting 5. Not sure on that but when i had to lower my rank i was able to quit abput 3-4 before getting 24hr ban. Then i think abour a week later could do the same again,not sure exactly though

Why did you have to lower your rank? Are you talking about Competitive?

Why did you have to lower your rank? Are you talking about Competitive?

In order to play with my friends. I would do it soon as the game loads so no on loses sr except me. Its pain in the hole for everyone involved but gotta be done sometimes..

Had dodgy internet recently and I was getting bans without even joining a game. It would search for a game, then suddenly tells me I'm banned for x amount of time. Ten minutes at first now an hour. There would be a "Rejoin" button that wasn't working too. Bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Had dodgy internet recently and I was getting bans without even joining a game. It would search for a game, then suddenly tells me I'm banned for x amount of time. Ten minutes at first now an hour. There would be a "Rejoin" button that wasn't working too. Bizarre.

If the game starts and you disconnect before joining the game cancels in 10 seconds that's probably why

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There's no better feeling in Mystery Heroes than when you manage to get a Bastion and get on the payload, knowing you can sail to victory.

There's no worse feeling in Mystery Heroes than when, as a Bastion on the payload, you realise nobody on your team is nearby, you're getting absolutely creamed by about 4 of the other team, and you respawn as Doomfist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Yeah you're right too. Going to try Zen for a bit. Tired of mercy already a week in ha
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Got my first abusive messages inages last night.

Heal more u ****er

Eat **** and die asshole

Be grand except it was quickplay and the guy sending the messages was playing single player Genji mode.

I got the same once when I was solo healing as Zen. Whatever about out-of sight Genjis looking for heals, this guy was playing road-hog and kept dying. I told him about the e-button and left him to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think they should announce a new Healer who can only heal Genji and must dedicate the entire match to making sure Genji is healed at all times. Then just never release the character, so as well as spamming "Need healing" in games, Genji mains can spam "Need healer" on the OW forums, too.

Being honest, I never got the "Need healing" memes from Genji.

Pharahs though, Christ. If they don't get their precious Mercy to babysit them through the whole game, they lose it.

I've encountered so many Pharah mains threatening to throw if they don't get a Mercy. Any combo of Lucio/Zen/Ana and now Moira isn't good enough for those no-skill fúcks.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think they should announce a new Healer who can only heal Genji and must dedicate the entire match to making sure Genji is healed at all times. Then just never release the character, so as well as spamming "Need healing" in games, Genji mains can spam "Need healer" on the OW forums, too.

Or, Genji automatically heals when near the objective.

giphy.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

was browsing twitch and found an american streamer who's in bronze. Every game he played was just a mess - literally a mess. He played mcree and there was a lot of widows. Nothing really wrong mechanically - aim was ok. But it's just the general sense of awareness, he never pressed tab to check enemy team. No ult combos. LOTS of feeding. Enemy widow was popping off - no one goes dva or winston to pressure her. I complain a lot about diamond and plat but bronze was something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Manora

Love it. Lets just hope its not going to go the way of Starcraft Ghost and Project Titan.

Sight808 wrote: »
    was browsing twitch and found an american streamer who's in bronze. Every game he played was just a mess - literally a mess. He played mcree and there was a lot of widows. Nothing really wrong mechanically - aim was ok. But it's just the general sense of awareness, he never pressed tab to check enemy team. No ult combos. LOTS of feeding. Enemy widow was popping off - no one goes dva or winston to pressure her. I complain a lot about diamond and plat but bronze was something else.

I tried to carry as mercy with my mates who were bronze, it was impossible, just constant feeding. The only thing to do was go dps and kill so many people you cant lose!

Im on 2moro for a few hours, gonna give mercy one last blast and if i cant get up to high plat(2600 now) im gonna try moira only for a bit. I still find moiras controls confusing..

• Advertisement

Im on 2moro for a few hours, gonna give mercy one last blast and if i cant get up to high plat(2600 now) im gonna try moira only for a bit. I still find moiras controls confusing..

Every time I'm Moira and find myself in front of enemies, I end up spraying healing at them. Every time. Every... single... time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement