Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

To those who are finding Moira confusing and are on console just swap the left and right triggers, same as Doomfist.

May be obvious but if you haven't done it give it a try, far more intuitive for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Ill give that a shot later advert

Started my mission today. Won every game so far, up around 100sr to 2714. I feel a personal best coming on...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Ill give that a shot later advert.

Started my mission today. Won every game so far, up around 100sr to 2714. I feel a personal best coming on...

What was your SR before you started leaving games so you could play with friends?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What was your SR before you started leaving games so you could play with friends?

I set up a 2nd account and accidentally placed gold instead of bronze/silver. So however many games it took to get down to mid silver

I set up a 2nd account and accidentally placed gold instead of bronze/silver. So however many games it took to get down to mid silver

So you were losing games on purpose? Don't you think it's a bit unfair that you (a platinum player) are artificially dropping your SR so you can play against Bronze and Silver players? Do you think they are enjoying it when you continuously destroy them over and over?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So you were losing games on purpose? Don't you think it's a bit unfair that you (a platinum player) are artificially dropping your SR so you can play against Bronze and Silver players? Do you think they are enjoying it when you continuously destroy them over and over?

He explained it a few pages ago, nobody lost games because of him because he would leave at the start of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

J. Marston wrote: »
    Being honest, I never got the "Need healing" memes from Genji.

Pharahs though, Christ. If they don't get their precious Mercy to babysit them through the whole game, they lose it.

I've encountered so many Pharah mains threatening to throw if they don't get a Mercy. Any combo of Lucio/Zen/Ana and now Moira isn't good enough for those no-skill fúcks.

If I see a Pharmercy, I generally ask my hitscan to focus the Mercy while I take on their Pharah.
    AERIAL SUPERIORITY ACHIEVED

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He explained it a few pages ago, nobody lost games because of him because he would leave at the start of the match.

Yes but now he is a Platinum Player in Bronze/Silver where he doesn't belong.

He is far to good for that level and would be well above those players skill level. Now he is unbalancing teams and causing opponents to lose SR.

I'm nearly sure people have been banned for doing similar.

I lock in as mercy, didnt realise there was a mercy one trick on the team(will remember to check next time), she goes mei, ice walls me into spawn at the start, thats when i copped so i died and changed to moira. Someone else changes to mercy before mei dies lol. So shes changes to widow

And we won lol. 2 - 0 koth.

Yes but now he is a Platinum Player in Bronze/Silver where he doesn't belong.

He is far to good for that level and would be well above those players skill level. Now he is unbalancing teams and causing opponents to lose SR.

I'm nearly sure people have been banned for doing similar.

Im now gold and all my friends are silver. It sort of balances itself out,they are over ranked and im under ranked. Sure there were a few games at the start where i wrecked the place but its fairly even now with us playing most nights.

Tbh if i had to get rid of one account it would be my plat one, the real fun is playing with your mates, ranking up is just my bit on the side as i play a lot more xbox than they do.

We often have a 5 or 6 stack and you can spot the players on the other team that are also underranked. We got absolutely murdered a few times by "silver" level sombras.

• Advertisement

Got up to 2760. Not a bad days work although would have liked to get a pb. Had all the usual good and bad stuff, throwers, quitters, disconnections, angry mercy mains, you name it. Of them all i think the 3 stacks that wouldnt join the group chat were probably the most painful to play with.

My hands are sore

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reaper is my go-to for breaking the first point defence on Junkertown now.

Last 3 times I attacked there this has worked; Out the door and into the room on the left, shadow step from there to inside the building that their defence is on the ledge of. Round the back and up the stairs. You'll be behind at least 2 people on the narrow walkway at point blank range.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

PB reached of 2803. Straight back down to 2775 ffs.

PB reached of 2803. Straight back down to 2775 ffs.

Who are you playing as?

I think its well balanced at the moment. A few obvious things like doomfist need work but i find youre quite likely to see any other hero in a comp game

Dropped down to 2500 being a Moira main :pac:

Who are you playing as?

I think its well balanced at the moment. A few obvious things like doomfist need work but i find youre quite likely to see any other hero in a comp game

I'm finding Junkrat a pain at the minute. He's in nearly every game. They need to do something with his mine, either take one away or reduce the damage on them based on how close it denotes to you.

Isnt it great that people arent insisting on a mercy anymore. That was painful

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Who are you playing as?

DVA alot lately. I main pharah but I've been poor recently so just DVA or Mercy if needbe

I just realised you can instalock whatever you like be selecting them before they actually appear on screen. At the start of the game while the splash screen is still there, you can move your mouse pointer before the heroes appear. You can actually pick a hero at this point and click select. You just need to remember where the hero is or hover your mouse till the tool tip appears. Now I can be Moira every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'm finding Junkrat a pain at the minute. He's in nearly every game. They need to do something with his mine, either take one away or reduce the damage on them based on how close it denotes to you.

I find him balanced tbh, a good genjis has him killing himself/team a lot, dva eats him, pharrah still owns him, a good mcrees has him, zarya loves him, zen can one tap him. He was way to underpowered before and his ultimate is still next to useless, it takes an extremely good junk to get more than one or two kiils a go with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Edit espicially with the Orissa shield cool down so low with a torb behind you need a way of spamming that down quick/around corners over buildings safely

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

GRx6g6j.jpg

I really like EMONGG twitch stream, worth checking out, great at call outs, plays flex and goes into detail about moves he makes etc so you can pick stuff upo. He's also quite humble compared to other streamers, blames himself a lot when they lose etc, everyone else seems to blame the team, like me

It's kinda sad watching loserfruit play now, she's never on with the lads she used to play with and its so obvious now they were carrying her as she's down to platinum now from master lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Won a game 6v5 on Temple of Anubis. Probably the most satisfying, fun game I've had in all of Overwatch.

We took point B on attack with 1:24 left but then someone left when we had to defend. the other team steamrolled through to take the first point which gave them something like 6 minutes to take point B with a player advantage. We were getting battered but...

DP673stWkAcENVA.jpg

Bless that Mei, she stopped them taking the point at 94% with an ult with about a minute left and stopped two Soldier ults with her wall before that.

Really surprised that no-one went with a throw pick when it went 6v5 or even when they took the first point on their first push. If I had a mic on, I would have praised them all! That Mercy left out a primal roar when we won!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Fair play, i've never come out on the winning side of a 5V6 in comp!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

It's kinda sad watching loserfruit play now, she's never on with the lads she used to play with and its so obvious now they were carrying her as she's down to platinum now from master lol

Is she, lol. shame. I like her youtube videos but find her streams a bit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Played a lot of Zarya yesterday, possibly my best run of Zarya play ever, consistently finishing games with 20+ elims, 50%+ avg energy and only 1 or 2 deaths per game, yet I'm still dropping.

Mad as I was climbing as Winston but felt my play was worse.

Anyways, around 2050SR now, if I can fit more Zarya and Zen practise in while staying in Gold I'll be happy, need to get my mouselook as accurate as my thumb stick as currently my Zen play is atrocious.

Got 2 Team Wipes from Gravs too which was awesome, attack Junkertown up against Orisa, Bastion, Torb and Mercy sitting on the highground with a D.Va and S76 knocking about. I got behind the turret setup and kept poking out to build some charge and hiding for health back until I built it, combo'd with a Moira then. Beautiful stuff.

Think that was also the first game I've ever held a team between P1 and P2 on Junkertown.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Played a lot of Zarya yesterday, possibly my best run of Zarya play ever, consistently finishing games with 20+ elims, 50%+ avg energy and only 1 or 2 deaths per game, yet I'm still dropping.

Mad as I was climbing as Winston but felt my play was worse.

Anyways, around 2050SR now, if I can fit more Zarya and Zen practise in while staying in Gold I'll be happy, need to get my mouselook as accurate as my thumb stick as currently my Zen play is atrocious.

Got 2 Team Wipes from Gravs too which was awesome, attack Junkertown up against Orisa, Bastion, Torb and Mercy sitting on the highground with a D.Va and S76 knocking about. I got behind the turret setup and kept poking out to build some charge and hiding for health back until I built it, combo'd with a Moira then. Beautiful stuff.

Think that was also the first game I've ever held a team between P1 and P2 on Junkertown.

She's unreal for climbing even up to high plat teams wil lfeed and give me energy, although I've gotten better at picking when to bubble both myself and team mates. Not many hard counters apart from phara but if your avg 40% energy you can melt anything (apart from phara) she also has the best ult in the game imo.

Playing a good bit of dva and moira now. Will give them a lash in comp. 2 really fun characters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

hit diamond last night, holding my own with mccree now and getting handy with tracer, a bit less toxicity as well, guys more open to at least giving team comps a go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement