Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jcd5971 wrote: »
    hit diamond last night, holding my own with mccree now and getting handy with tracer, a bit less toxicity as well, guys more open to at least giving team comps a go.

I've fallen to low gold and it's getting worse. 3 DPS insta lock followed by a Junkrat/Hanzo/Widow and then a Tank and I'm left to heal.

Just not really enjoying it solo at the minute. At least in a 3 stack we can cover one Tank, Healer and DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

3 wins in a row brought me up to 3478 before losing the game that would've taken me into Masters. Was gonna jump straight back in but was salty and tilted as fúck after that loss.

Our Winston decided jumping into 6v1 fights on his own was the best course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

emmetkenny wrote:
    I've fallen to low gold and it's getting worse. 3 DPS insta lock followed by a Junkrat/Hanzo/Widow and then a Tank and I'm left to heal.

emmetkenny wrote:
    Just not really enjoying it solo at the minute. At least in a 3 stack we can cover one Tank, Healer and DPS.

Yeah the people I played with last few seasons don't play as much anymore.

Doing better solo though so it worked out well. Now that diamond is done I might start learning a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Had a bad evening yesterday, dropping around 200sr or something. But what put a smile on my face was being hooked by the same roadhog only to get a face full of his gun reload. Twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Had a bad evening yesterday, dropping around 200sr or something. But what put a smile on my face was being hooked by the same roadhog only to get a face full of his gun reload. Twice.

Whenever a roadhog hooks me I end up dead, when I hook I tickle them with damage and they run away.

There's an art to hog I have yet to learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jcd5971 wrote:

Pick the softest target or get a few medium distance hits before hooking. Don't forget to fit a melee attack in when they're up close. His healing means he's a sturdy pick unless a reaper gets up close. If there's a Mercy on your team then make best friends because the damage boost makes him feel like the olden days Roadhog.

On a side note it's December so that means it's RUDOLPH ROADHOG AGAIN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Whenever a roadhog hooks me I end up dead, when I hook I tickle them with damage and they run away.

Right click shot hook punch left click shot.

You should get into the habit of always right clicking a shot off before the hook when you have the time to do it. Practice where to have your crosshairs on the pull in part of the hook as well so you shoot them in the face as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I remember months ago being so frustrated in every game of 1v1 when we got Roadhog, because they'd always get me in one go where me hooking and shooting them barely took half their health, and that was without them doing a medium hit shot first. Think it was the way the hook used to bring you closer and the melee did a lot of damage. Seems a lot better balanced now, but still do-able.

Had some awesome Mystery Hero matches yesterday (though it felt like I got Ana at least every third or fourth time). Rarely do well as Zarya but had a belter of a match in Eichenwalde where my energy rarely dropped below 70. She's lethal when you get her right (though I still can't get used to properly judging how far her laser goes and am often just out of reach). I'm surprised at how often people who get her at the start of MH in the spawn kill themselves as her, and also the annoyance at people when I start healing them when they're doing it :D

Also had a great match as Moira on defence on Kings Row. The damage her damage ball can do in the final area is insane. We held them at the first corner in the final area for a good 6 minutes.

"Games are so much more better organised on my main, in Grandmaster."

I swear, 90% on mic have a "Grandmaster main" yet they all slum it with us Diamond plebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Games are so much more better organised on my main, in Grandmaster."

I swear, 90% on mic have a "Grandmaster main" yet they all slum it with us Diamond plebs.

i played with a guy recently who went down to gold, just to see what its like :pac:

apparently he's stuck in elo hell now. ah ya gotta love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I have genuinely only ever came across one smurf on my team, instas hanzo, relax im smurfing, im a master, 3-4 ults a round, wiping teams etc was glorious to see

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have genuinely only ever came across one smurf on my team, instas hanzo, relax im smurfing, im a master, 3-4 ults a round, wiping teams etc was glorious to see

Ah... A legendary God mode Hanzo... Very rare in the wild but a spectacular sight when they appear.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ah... A legendary God mode Hanzo... Very rare in the wild but a spectacular sight when they appear.

One Smurf who spoke to you. Many many smurf accounts i assure you!

So all those fancy team skins will be available early next year...

https://twitter.com/overwatchleague/status/937743313423163399

Think you get one for free. If you want anymore, you buy them with a new currency; tokens, which you presumably buy with real money.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

J. Marston wrote: »
    So all those fancy team skins will be available early next year...

https://twitter.com/overwatchleague/status/937743313423163399

Think you get one for free. If you want anymore, you buy them with a new currency; tokens, which you presumably buy with real money.

Some of the skins are lovely, don't think I'll be buying them though. I once bought a hat in tf2 and felt like an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

IvoryTower wrote: »
    One Smurf who spoke to you. Many many smurf accounts i assure you!

Oh I k own but usually the ones who proclaim to be smurfs are the worst player s possible who blame everyone else. This guy was a one man wrecking crew

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Ah, a legit smurf rather than just an alt account.

I've seen a few proper smurfs and most have been hanzo-mains too actually.

Had one last week on Temple of Anubis; was very wary when he instalocked hanzo at level 30 but he bullied a team of Diamonds/masters without breaking a sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sight808 wrote: »
    Some of the skins are lovely, don't think I'll be buying them though. I once bought a hat in tf2 and felt like an idiot

Yeah I'll grab the free skin for maybe a character I don't have a lot of skins for (probably Zenyatta, I did like the black and green one they showed there) but can't see myself ever buying any of the others.

Still though, I'm kinda glad they're keeping them separate from lootboxes and just have them 'pay to buy the one you want', especially since they mostly just seem to be palette-swaps of their normal skins.

I remember in the Quake 2 days you would just download the skins, people belting around as darth vader, Blade and an icecream truck...

was awful tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I remember in the Quake 2 days you would just download the skins, people belting around as darth vader, Blade and an icecream truck...

was awful tbh

I had a different sort of flashback

was awful tbh

And skins used to be client side. Changing the AK in counter-strike to the pulse rifle from aliens was always good craic. It was unbelievably easy to cheat from there though though. You could make the weapon models enormous on your end so their guns would be poking through walls. My first foray into creating hacks :o

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

Am I the only one offended that blizzard didn't take advantage of Irish heritage for Mouras skins ?

Delta1138 wrote: »
    Am I the only one offended that blizzard didn't take advantage of Irish heritage for Mouras skins ?

One of those is not like the others :P

I'm trying to figure out which Overwatch league team has the soundest streamers so i can have someone to support

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out which Overwatch league team has the soundest streamers so i can have someone to support

South Korea has a funny guy kinda longing hair, he's the only one that doesn't look ya know ... Dwebie

One of those is not like the others :P

I was hoping it would show the actually pictures

Anyone having issues with PC version atm, everytime I try and join a game (regardless of mode) I get the Lost connection screen.

I've ran all the updates and used the scan and repair option to no avail. Cant seem to find a solution on the forums.

nvm working now..fs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Delta1138 wrote: »
    South Korea has a funny guy kinda longing hair, he's the only one that doesn't look ya know ... Dwebie

Well are you referring to the Seoul team from Korea ?
    Or the London team..which is made up of all Koreans ...
    Or the New York team..which is made up of all Koreans too....
    or the Boston team..with 4 Koreans...or the Koreans on the Dalls of Philidelphia or the 2 x LA teams with Koreans on them.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Well are you referring to the Seoul team from Korea ?
    Or the London team..which is made up of all Koreans ...
    Or the New York team..which is made up of all Koreans too....
    or the Boston team..with 4 Koreans...or the Koreans on the Dalls of Philidelphia or the 2 x LA teams with Koreans on them.

No the main Korean team from the world cup,
    actually I think it was jhong who got an amazing widow maker play in on Hanamura.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement