Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Delta1138 wrote: »
    No the main Korean team from the world cup,
    actually I think it was jhong who got an amazing widow maker play in on Hanamura.

was it not flower?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

Sight808 wrote: »
    was it not flower?

Your right. Am re watching it right now ... my gawd. He was an artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Flower...the guy who played all the DPS and the amazing Widow...is on the New York team, along with the Tracer (SBB) and Winston/Rhein (Mano).
    But Fl0wer can't play this season as he's still too young.

The other guys from the WC team play for Seoul Dynasty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Which team is xQc on so I can hope they lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Great craic if a pro tilted during a game and just started throwing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

fixxxer wrote: »
    Which team is xQc on so I can hope they lose?

I dislike him too but the team he plays for (Dallas Fuel) has a bunch of sound people on it too. Conflicted :confused:

I dislike him too but the team he plays for (Dallas Fuel) has a bunch of sound people on it too. Conflicted :confused:

I wonder if he'll last or if he'll have a meltdown over something and leave.

I' playing in a two stack mostly these days with a buddy who at the moment is determined to learn Zarya. I was wondering what people thought the best pair up character would? I've been trying Moira as she seems to have a good balance between keeping us alive and damaging when Zarya uses her ult. What would ye suggest?

I' playing in a two stack mostly these days with a buddy who at the moment is determined to learn Zarya. I was wondering what people thought the best pair up character would? I've been trying Moira as she seems to have a good balance between keeping us alive and damaging when Zarya uses her ult. What would ye suggest?

I absolutely love playing as either rein or zarya in a pair. You can get max charge with zarya so easily. Rein can charge in with a bubble to start a fight along with an Ana to heal from range and nade.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Rein and Winston are great combos with Zarya, esp with comms. Winston dive, bubble 1-2s after he lands and then he drops his own shield. Hunreal. He's also got 180DPS in a 3+ Grav.

Rein charge, then bubble, Rein has tidy DPS in battering a Grav too.

Lucio is pretty nice, a 60+ charge Zarya with speedboost is a wrecking ball, his natural survivability can keep him around long enough to keep zarya up and get a few bubbles on him too.

Christmas event next Tuesday. New hide and seek-ish game mode with 5 Mei's and Winston.

New skins for
    Hanzo, Junkrat and Roadhog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

One thing I see happening in the league is the choice not to kill baby DVA when she is de-meched. Reason being she gets a free mech when she spawns again and keeping her out of it for as long as possible. Never thought of that.

One thing I see happening in the league is the choice not to kill baby DVA when she is de-meched. Reason being she gets a free mech when she spawns again and keeping her out of it for as long as possible. Never thought of that.

yea, it's a good stagger, even if you do kill her leave it as late as possible. People never think of the 7 seconds it takes to get back.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

She doesn't get ult charge while she's de-meched either (afaik). I'm sure I've seen vids high level D:VAs advise people to suicide if they can't get their mech back quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yea some randoms told me that a few months ago in Comp.

We just kept destroying the mech and letting her run away. She can't build her nuke either while earning her Mech back.

As a main tank I am getting reams of good tactics watching these matches. Loving this so far. Is there Irish teams in it?

What makes these guys so good is that they know when to retreat when they are being bested and they don't just YOLO at low health and throw away a life. They back off to their back lines when damaged and are protective of their survivability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yea some randoms told me that a few months ago in Comp.

We just kept destroying the mech and letting her run away. She can't build her nuke either while earning her Mech back.

I usually just hop straight off the nearest world edge when I get knocked out of the mech. :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I usually just hop straight off the nearest world edge when I get knocked out of the mech. :D

Sometimes if there's a mcree or tracer around I'll kill them first, even soldier if he misses the helix shot......some people are not very good at handling D:Va out of mech :pac:

Baby D.Va v Mech D.Va is a weird fight, if you as Baby D.Va get as close as you can and just circle shoot her you can often demech them.

Baby D.Va v Mech D.Va is a weird fight, if you as Baby D.Va get as close as you can and just circle shoot her you can often demech them.

scoreboard!

• Advertisement

She's so small and fast and cute though.

Yeah if they miss with the rocket salvo they're screwed. Hog is similar if you get in very close, he's quite handy for getting your mech back quick if he doesn't manage to hook you.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah if they miss with the rocket salvo they're screwed. Hog is similar if you get in very close, he's quite handy for getting your mech back quick if he doesn't manage to hook you.

If anyone is fighting a hugging D.Va by the way, just melee her until dead

Happy Halloween!

Games where I carry are very fúcking few and far between so when I had one earlier and my team still couldn't organise one push, I felt like screaming.

A handful of times I got two picks and they wouldn't push with a 6v4 advantage. That's right Reinhardt, just stand there at the choke with Mercy pocketing you. No point moving in with a 2 person advantage.

Fúcking gobshítes.

Some changes for Season 8. The biggest is the removal of personal performance in Diamond and above when calculating the SR gained or lost after a game. The only factor that will affect your SR will be whether your team won or lost.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759648155#post-1

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Some changes for Season 8. The biggest is the removal of personal performance in Diamond and above when calculating the SR gained or lost after a game. The only factor that will affect your SR will be whether your team won or lost.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759648155#post-1

Think that's fair enough really! wonder what other changes they have coming

Great changes for Diamond players. For the plebsans silver + (ie me), doesn't mean much. Unless the SR matchmaking is truly going to be as good as they say it is.

Oh Xmas event should be starting today! Cant wait. In other news my stay in Silver rank purgatory continues (at 1808). I don't know why people refuse to support the tank. I basically solo tank and would be lucky to have anyone take advantage of the big f***king blue barrier that stops bullets from making you dead. People also have no confidence in believing that the Tank knows where the actual proper defense/choke positions are, and flock in droves to the bog standard ones that have line of sight on them and more importantly my shield. Any game I have run this season has been Tank, DPS,DPS,DPS, support/dps, Healer.

I cry actual tears of joy when I see Zarya picked (or DVA, Winston, etc etc)

• Advertisement

Oh Xmas event should be starting today! Cant wait. In other news my stay in Silver rank purgatory continues (at 1808). I don't know why people refuse to support the tank. I basically solo tank and would be lucky to have anyone take advantage of the big f***king blue barrier that stops bullets from making you dead. People also have no confidence in believing that the Tank knows where the actual proper defense/choke positions are, and flock in droves to the bog standard ones that have line of sight on them and more importantly my shield. Any game I have run this season has been Tank, DPS,DPS,DPS, support/dps, Healer.

I cry actual tears of joy when I see Zarya picked (or DVA, Winston, etc etc)

I'm finding the same. I'll heal, we might get one tank but at least 3DPS and a Junkrat.

Then the DPS run off by themselves in separate directions and make it impossible to heal them all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement