Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm finding the same. I'll heal, we might get one tank but at least 3DPS and a Junkrat.

Then the DPS run off by themselves in separate directions and make it impossible to heal them all.

Ah jayziz its worse for you if you play healer. There was one healer last night who nearly had a stroke over comms trying to explain to people to keep reasonably so he could get to them easier. There was one point where I think he just put the controller down in frustration as he just stood in a corner for a sulk :)

Oh an Junkrat needs to just have his own class, just called "Junkrat", he is in every game anyway so Blizz may as well make it official.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Amen to that. I have been playing a bit of Reinhartd recently and end up shouting down the mic to get behind the shield. I did get a bit of relief when I grouped up with a Dva and a Soldier 76 for the last two games on Eichenwalde and Hanamura. We moved as a little group of three while the rest went off feeding. It's great when you respawn after dying and there's a little group of friends waiting for you out side. Everyone gets a big Reinhardt HELLO!! GREETINGS!!

fixxxer wrote: »
    Amen to that. I have been playing a bit of Reinhartd recently and end up shouting down the mic to get behind the shield. I did get a bit of relief when I grouped up with a Dva and a Soldier 76 for the last two games on Eichenwalde and Hanamura. We moved as a little group of three while the rest went off feeding. It's great when you respawn after dying and there's a little group of friends waiting for you out side. Everyone gets a big Reinhardt HELLO!! GREETINGS!!

Love that! That's when people start copping on how the game is played.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Love that! That's when people start copping on how the game is played.

It's cartoony Call OF Duty and you need to go Pew Pew Pew to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

One thing I've seen on Redditch a lot for climbing from Bronze all the way through to Plat is find the best player in your team (it's not always you), and just hang out with them. You always have at least a group of 2 semi-competent players.

Up to about 2100 that's still better than what most teams will manage, so it does help.

• Advertisement

One thing I've seen on Redditch a lot for climbing from Bronze all the way through to Plat is find the best player in your team (it's not always you), and just hang out with them. You always have at least a group of 2 semi-competent players.

Up to about 2100 that's still better than what most teams will manage, so it does help.

That actually makes sense man

Well clearly I am the best player on my team... I'm only losing because of these terrible players :pac:

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Well clearly I am the best player on my team... I'm only losing because of these terrible players :pac:

I feel the same, we're not losing because I can't shoot or prioritize targets, we're losing because that **** Zen won't play Mercy to keep me up, I need proper back support.

I feel the same, we're not losing because I can't shoot or prioritize targets, we're losing because that **** Zen won't play Mercy to keep me up, I need proper back support.

I'd a game the other day where I played Zen on attack Watchpoint Gibraltar. I was a discord machine and was focusing their Hog so was charging my Ult very quick.

On Defense I switched to Mercy got 12 resses and 15k healing. I think I got my Ult 4 times.

We still lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rein has the best voicelines in the game.

"Let me show you how it's done!"

*Charges in and dies*

"Again, again!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rein has the best voicelines in the game.

"Let me show you how it's done!"

*Charges in and dies*

"Again, again!"

CATCHPHRASE!

Pretty underwhelming event cosmetic-wise. Sombra's skin is cool and Orisa's emote is adorable.

The rest? Meh. That Hanzo skin might be the worst skin they've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hogs and anna are pretty cool imo. ALso loving junkrats is a summer skin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Hard to stop that bloody yeti

Hogs and anna are pretty cool imo. ALso loving junkrats is a summer skin

Couldn't stop laughing the first time I used riptire :D

I had problems reviving twice this morning with mercy, was during valkrie and i had no timer on the rez. Has something changed?!

How have we not gotten a "Santa's lil helper" elf costume for Widow yet?! I cry foul! Otherwise , skins are meh. As a new Sombra user I am on the look out for her skin alright. Orissa emote is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I had problems reviving twice this morning with mercy, was during valkrie and i had no timer on the rez. Has something changed?!

there's an issue with roads hook too afaik

I like a good few of the new skins. The Roadhog and Junkrat ones spring to mind and the Ana and Sombra ones too. The bastion one is strange, but the fact that he still has his bobble hat on when in turret and tank mode make it good. The Soldier 76 one is a bit blah. It's from last year but the McCree/Scrooge skin has to be one of the worst ever released.

The Soldier one would be great if he didn't have the mask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I don't understand how Koreans can play OW on such high mouse sensitivity.

I play on 2000dpi / 3.75 sens ; my housemate plays on 2000 / 37 sens & consistently places higher than me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What heroes do you play with that kind of sensitivity? 500dpi here......

How have we not gotten a "Santa's lil helper" elf costume for Widow yet?! I cry foul! Otherwise , skins are meh. As a new Sombra user I am on the look out for her skin alright. Orissa emote is very good.

Hog and Anna skins are really nice. The only poor one I saw was Hanzo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What heroes do you play with that kind of sensitivity? 500dpi here......

Every hero; mostly Pharah but I flex a lot.
    https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/kikimaru024-2681/heroes
    https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/global/kikimaru024-2681

I just think playing on low DPI makes no sense, surely you want MORE detailed tracking from your mouse sensor?

Does anyone playing on Console mess with their sensitivity settings? I've been playing on default this whole time. Am I a pleb?

Does anyone playing on Console mess with their sensitivity settings? I've been playing on default this whole time. Am I a pleb?

It makes a big difference for some characters, its great for someone like mercy. I up them a little bit every now and again. Up at 70 - 45 now.

If you play Winston, yes, it should be 70 minimum, I used to play on 90 with Winny and about 14 with everyone else iirc

I played 7 games today and won 5 for a grand total of +53 points.

I played healer in every game but switched up hero between rounds(Lucio Attack/Mercy Defense).

10 points per game is pretty poor return though :(

emmetkenny wrote:
    10 points per game is pretty poor return though

Isn't that a result of the shorter seasons now?

• Advertisement

Isn't that a result of the shorter seasons now?

I got between 19 and 21 for a win but I lost 27 and 29 so an average of 28. Seems a bit off balance.

So for every 5 games I lose I have to win 7 to stay at my current SR.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement