Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

J. Marston wrote: »
    People hoarding ults like it's a precious commodity.

Graviton, maybe? The rest, use the fúcking thing.

Is there anything more infuriating than losing a round when you get killed with ult, mercy has hersbut doesn't pop it so you lose with 2 ults when between ye ya could of swung the round

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is there anything more infuriating than losing a round when you get killed with ult, mercy has hersbut doesn't pop it so you lose with 2 ults when between ye ya could of swung the round

It's a Mercy hoarding her ult that made me post that last night. About 10 minutes of holding it on Junkertown befire she used when the other team were 4 metres away and died after about 5 seconds. Countless team fights we could've held or won but nope.

Was tilted so hard and sent a message saying "Learn to fúcking press triangle."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I've been having a lot of fun with Moira.

I often play Zen and before Moira, if the other team had a genji and/or tracer I would have a bad time. Now, I can switch to Moira and destroy the pair of them. Sure, it means I no longer have Zen's range but the feeling of scaring those annoying feckers away is worth it.

In a way, she can completely shut down flankers attacking the back line. Genji can't do much about the orb + lock-on attack besides run away and Tracer often recalls right back into it. Winston can still dive her but she can at least get away while Zen would be a sitting duck.

She might be a bit OP and get nerfed in the future but for now, she's just great.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The worst part of Mystery Heroes is how often you get Ana and have to hear "Never stop fighting for what you becchlhieeeve in" over and over again. One of the worst delivered lines in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i dont think they should nerf moira at all. She's not as powerful as mercy, slight buffs to the other supports is whats needed, make them more viable. Having someone that can counter genji and tracer is exactly what was needed.

• Advertisement

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i dont think they should nerf moira at all. She's not as powerful as mercy, slight buffs to the other supports is whats needed, make them more viable. Having someone that can counter genji and tracer is exactly what was needed.

I agree. Before moira, those two could just safely harass the back line without any repercussions. Now they be chased away with their tail between their legs. It's delightful as a player who plays a lot of support.

Regarding a nerf, I can't think of any sensible one for her but I do feel that it's very easy for me to kill. Maybe they could make the lock on a bit harder or something. I'm not sure really.

I remember that it took me a while to get her rhythm but once I got that after a few hours, I find that she melts people easily and can stay alive really well. So much so that it's only really winston and another moira that I try to avoid in a one on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

enjoying the new Moira "Nollaig Shona Dhuit ! "

Aye moira is fine, my problem is most people think shes dps and dont heal

Aye moira is fine, my problem is most people think shes dps and dont heal

Guilty as charged when i started playing her. It actually takes a fair bit of discipline to resist the temptation to go on a killing spree. It doesn't help that you need to fight to be able to heal and to heal yourself.

She can heal a lot though and her ult is better used for healing than killing.

I've gotten better at the healing and team mates are actually surprised and grateful for it.

if theres no mercy i sit behind the team and heal mainly, if there's a mercy ill be a bit more aggressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I don't think I really understood the importance of representation in games until I played Moira. An Irish character that isn't diddly dee potato, uses the language naturally. It's really great.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

For those on PC what kind of set up do you have? Does anyone have a nice mouse and keyboard,

11 game losing streak.

Only a coincidence that it started when I decided to give up healing for the rest of the season.

J. Marston wrote: »
    11 game losing streak.

Only a coincidence that it started when I decided to give up healing for the rest of the season.

I solo healed as moira yesterday in a game, i was 9k healing after first round, nothing special but i was doing my job. Got 2 messages from a dps saying how trash i was at healing.

So I switched to dps, he switches to ana. we got rolled :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Moira is 100% overpowered at the minute. Just look at any DM match and there will be 2/3/4 of them. Her attack locks on from too far away. Also, the orb is too damaging. Her ult kind of annoys me as well. It's visually too busy, you can't really tell what is going on when it's close to you.

They always do this though. Introduce a character that is slightly buffed to get people to use them and then reign them back after people complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anima wrote: »
    Moira is 100% overpowered at the minute. Just look at any DM match and there will be 2/3/4 of them. Her attack locks on from too far away. Also, the orb is too damaging. Her ult kind of annoys me as well. It's visually too busy, you can't really tell what is going on when it's close to you.

They always do this though. Introduce a character that is slightly buffed to get people to use them and then reign them back after people complain.

What's a DM match?

Her attack does very little damage, her orb can be eaten by Dva/deflected by Genji/outhealed by Lucio.

She's quite easy to kill once she's wasted her Fade ability as well.

Death Match

I agree, she's good but I don't think she's op. The pros still run mercy/zen mostly.

Death match isn't a proper mode though. None of the characters were designed with it in mind so it's not a good way to tell if they are OPAF or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Anima wrote: »

I still managed to get 1st in a DM using Pharah vs Moira/Junk/McCree players.

Sight808 wrote: »
    For those on PC what kind of set up do you have? Does anyone have a nice mouse and keyboard,

Overwatch is the 1st game I'm glad I have a powerful PC for, running at >120fps made me appreciate the platform so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I'm a little torn over Moira to be honest - i don't want to believe she's overpowered because i'm having so much fun playing her. Such a boon for support players.

I think her kit is just a little bit too broad and effective at the moment - i'd be ok if they nerfed her orb's ability to dissolve symmetra turrets, decreased her primary damage by 10% and left it at that.

Also agreed on her ult, it's cool but takes up a lot of visual space. Not sure how to fix it, maybe make it about 40% more transparent?

I don't think she's over powered. Her primary fire does very low damage, its only good against Tracer and Genji because they have a low health pool anyway. Dva can eat her Orbs, Genji can reflect them. Winston Dva or Reaper can squash her pretty quickly. She can only primary heal if your team is playing a death ball comp or its a narrow map, other wise she needs help.

She has her +ives and -ives but I feel she's pretty balanced as things go so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »
    I don't think she's over powered. Her primary fire does very low damage, its only good against Tracer and Genji because they have a low health pool anyway. Dva can eat her Orbs, Genji can reflect them. Winston Dva or Reaper can squash her pretty quickly. She can only primary heal if your team is playing a death ball comp or its a narrow map, other wise she needs help.

She has her +ives and -ives but I feel she's pretty balanced as things go so far.

She heals by damaging with primary fire as well.

Yeah but not overly so? She can be burned down fairly quickly with care and attention on the attackers part.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    She heals by damaging with primary fire as well.
    Nothing sillier than 2 Moiras firing Ults at each other & achieving nothing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I still managed to get 1st in a DM using Pharah vs Moira....

I'd hope so against a support class. She shouldn't be as powerful at attacking as she is is my point.
    Yeah but not overly so? She can be burned down fairly quickly with care and attention on the attackers part.

Again, she shouldn't require much attention as a support. She shouldn't be that much of a threat. She has ridiculous durability in fights. She can fade away (every 6 seconds) and heal with orb. She's a difficult character to hit anyway because of the slim frame.
    Her attack does very little damage, her orb can be eaten by Dva/deflected by Genji/outhealed by Lucio.

If she fires a damage orb at someone or a group and follows it up with left click attack it melts most low HP characters so fast. They both do 50dps. So it takes 2 seconds to kill a 200hp player

It's similar to what they did with Sym. She was useless so they buffed her damage for no reason other than to get people to use her.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    2720 to 2900 in one morning. Havent lost a game, used with mercy & moira. Feels good man

2945 after 3 more games. All i want for Christmas is diamond.

Got a toxic mercy in the loss, most annoying thing about it was i offered him mercy in spawn because i know how bitchy mercy mains get when they inevitably think they would have healed more, he turned it down and then proceeded to moan the whole round lol

As with all things I look at Moira's range and to me it is was too long. I base everything off of reaper. Her range vastly outshines reaper. Like I still don't understand how a hand is nearly double the range of a gun!

As with all things I look at Moira's range and to me it is was too long. I base everything off of reaper. Her range vastly outshines reaper. Like I still don't understand how a hand is nearly double the range of a gun!

jndZd6Pl.jpg

• Advertisement

Shes not hitting you with her hand tbf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement