Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Won every game this morning with lovely hangover. 3001 sr, happy christmas to me :) think ill leave it at that for this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

IvoryTower wrote:
    Won every game this morning with lovely hangover. 3001 sr, happy christmas to me think ill leave it at that for this season

Did same hit 3040 and left it.
    Decayed back to 3000 but **** it still diamond

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Fair play lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Lads who play what they want in comp despite being hard countered, A widow against a monkey, dva and rein, yeah ok dont swap off

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Placed at 2844 this season. Peaked at 3476. Currently at 2862.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yeah I think I gotta take a break until the next season. Team comp all over the place, actually sick of flexing the whole time when others are happy installing nonsense picks.

The last straw was in spawn trying to line up a basket ball shot, a McCree knocked the ball away and said "Buckle Up". I just turned off the PS4.

I really enjoyed this season,mercy still a bit too strong but played on and against many teams not using her. Orisa seems to be a popular pick as well,all in all i think there was a lot more variation in team picks.

It doesnt suit me for mercy to be nerfed but if i was being honest i would say shes still the most op in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Okay lads explain to me how this works , got Overwatch for Xmas never really played it properly before it's all online ya ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    Placed at 2844 this season. Peaked at 3476. Currently at 2862.

You seem to have really big movements every season. I don't think mine has ever been over 300.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You seem to have really big movements every season. I don't think mine has ever been over 300.

It's Mercy. She's a giant crutch for me.

When I was filling and picking Mercy 90% of the time, I was between 3200-3400 mostly.

Then I stopped healing and plummeted. I have two ranks. DPS = 2800-3000 and Mercy 3200-3400!

I'll play Mercy for the next two days now and I'm pretty sure I'll finish 3000+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's Mercy. She's a giant crutch for me.

When I was filling and picking Mercy 90% of the time, I was between 3200-3400 mostly.

Then I stopped healing and plummeted. I have two ranks. DPS = 2800-3000 and Mercy 3200-3400!

I'll play Mercy for the next two days now and I'm pretty sure I'll finish 3000+.

I suppose that makes sense. I've a 65% win rate with Lucio this season but took a bit of a break from him as I wanted to try improve my Zen and Mercy play.

Im 3000sr mercy and mid plat using almost everyone else

Okay lads explain to me how this works , got Overwatch for Xmas never really played it properly before it's all online ya ?

Yep. Pc or console? Plenty of beginner videos out there probably handiest to look them up

Some easy characters to start with imo - soldier, reaper, Reinhardt, orisa, bastion, junkrat and mercy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Yep. Pc or console? Plenty of beginner videos out there probably handiest to look them up

Some easy characters to start with imo - soldier, reaper, Reinhardt, orisa, bastion, junkrat and mercy

Pick Pharah & never look back.

Or down.

Definitely don't look down if you have vertigo.

If you ever loved shooting rockets in doom or halo pharah is a great pick

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Online 6v6 all the time, toxic community but if can ignore the toxicity for the craic of playing your favourite well then its good fun

Ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

6v6 online only. As a general rule 2 DPS, 2 tanks and 2 healers per team. Use each in quickplay to get a feel for them, quickplay no one really cares what happens so team structure might be.....unique. Then get into some ranked play, you'll see how things play out eventually. There's synergy between certain picks on a team for example Mercy combined with Pharah and there are counters to enemy picks for example using Reaper against Winston. There's also range to consider and hitscan characters (eg soldier/mcree to counter a mobile ranged target like Pharah).

Oh and enjoy the hate. Embrace the very depths of human whining and childishness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

My favorite thing about overwatch?

hide on the outskirts of the map as widow and get those sweet finishing kills. Junkertown as a widow attack or defence is some serious enemy at the gates ****.

I hate people with no map knowledge. Certain maps require certain things. It's why this map is so good. Team comps win and lose games, like kins row. Point A defence and attack, if you don't have one shield tank you should lose. Junkertown, pirateship wins more than not. Route 66 or whatever mcrees place is, defence you better be on the high ground.

How people don't understand this 2 years on still baffles me.

Played widow for the first time in months this morning on illios with a pharrah wrecking us, had no kills on anyone but pharrah or mercy till they swapped off then went back to my beloved op junkrat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Picked this up on xmas day well worth the 29 euro, great game to pick up and just play or be as deep as you are willing to put the time in.

I love to play healer 99% of the time but even this early on you are very under appreciated lol. So if you see me on give us a shout and I get some tips of you lol.

Yeah I won't get back to 3000 even with Mercy now. Playing near the end of the season is pointless really.

Throwers increase by a huge amount.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Picked this up on xmas day well worth the 29 euro, great game to pick up and just play or be as deep as you are willing to put the time in.

I love to play healer 99% of the time but even this early on you are very under appreciated lol. So if you see me on give us a shout and I get some tips of you lol.

thing is with healer like in every gasme its prob the most important and you dictate if a fight is won or lost, Dps can bad but tanks can carry ye with good healers

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

With mercy...

Heal almost all the time. You'll learn when to power boost later, keeping your team alive is priority. Same goes with using her handgun. Tbe mercys that shoot a lot are generally awful.

Learn to do the fly and jump. So when you fly towards someone jump as you get close and youll will go flying over them, this makes you hard to kill. Im generally either moving so much im hard to kill or standing in cover so i also cant be killed.

Rez- dont rez someone if theres a good chance you might die. The risk isnt worth it, its possible also if you wait a few secomds the coast might be clear and you can rez then. A good team will cover you to rez but dont expect much of that until you move up the ranks

Ult - best ult in the game. Quite often good use of it can make the difference in winning a game. Be wary of enemy soldier ,i like to wait until hes popped his ult first. If it cant wait you have to stay out of his sight. Never pop her ult if a fight is already looking like its won. There are usually 2 ways to use it, first is when initiating a fight to make sure you win that wave. The good thing about this is you can start charging your ult again the bad thing is you may have needed to keep it for a time when the team are under pressure. Thats the second use, holding onto it until the other team get a pick(kill) so youre down a man and it looks like you might lose the fight, pop ult rez your guy and win the fight. It takes practice, there are many frustrating moments when you pop it and die instantly or hold onto it too long when your team really needed it to get moving

I hope thats readible I'm pretty hungover :)

Tanks are your friends btw, they will charge your ult so quickly because they take so much damage

Edit: dont follow someone who over extends. A dead mercy is no good to anyone. Stay where its safe most of the time

To the person that suggested picking pharah thanks played a couple of quick games this evening and quite enjoyed the chaotic nature of it

Pharah is easy mode since you'll have a Mercy babysitting you 90% of the time.

I hate her.

Loving mystery heroes,i think ive enough heroes in my arsenal now to not be cursing every minute

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So I took quite a long break from Overwatch. Mercy's Rez ult used to rez anyone in range that was down, has that changed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Grayditch wrote: »
    So I took quite a long break from Overwatch. Mercy's Rez ult used to rez anyone in range that was down, has that changed now?

Aye, they completely changed her ult. the short of it is that now one of her cool down abilities is to rez a single target. Her ult now let’s her fly around, reduces her cooldowns (can rez quicker), and increases her dmg.

• Advertisement

Shes still a beast tbf just a different angle!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement