Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Squeaked back into Diamond just before the end of the season. Oddly enough, I think tilting helped me.

Switched from Mercy to Junkrat and we then rolled the other team all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Notorious wrote: »
    Aye, they completely changed her ult. the short of it is that now one of her cool down abilities is to rez a single target. Her ult now let’s her fly around, reduces her cooldowns (can rez quicker), and increases her dmg.

Ah right. That explains a lot. Had a confusing game with her in Quickplay last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

J. Marston wrote: »
    Pharah is easy mode since you'll have a Mercy babysitting you 90% of the time.

I hate her.

230.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    230.jpg

I bloody hate her, Have in all my time only ever once hit a luicky long range sleep off a cliff dart on her. She is a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Well, that was hard graft!
    Been playing since season launch at midnight, just finished up there a minute ago.

Finished last season on a career high of 2782

Placed this season with 3 losses out of 10 at 2868

Dva/Orisa - a bit of Soldier - and 4 minutes of Mercy ha ha

Delighted! :)

• Advertisement

I said to myself before starting "New year, no more salt or tilting." But salt was rising rapidly after losing my first 3 but then won my next 3 so currently 3-3.

Play the rest tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

I went 48 - 0 last night with Torbjorn on Kinsrow.

I set up my turret in the corner between the hotel and the gateway as the attacker enters the first capture point. It was a scum bag thing to do but the kills just kept coming till they took the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I said to myself before starting "New year, no more salt or tilting." But salt was rising rapidly after losing my first 3 but then won my next 3 so currently 3-3.

Play the rest tomorrow.

I've a similar mission but lost 3 of my first four so took a break :D

Don't think i'll ever be cut out for comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I've a similar mission but lost 3 of my first four so took a break :D

Don't think i'll ever be cut out for comp.

What do you mean not cut out for it?

Finished 4-6, placed at 2955 but won 2 pretty straightforward games after placements to get into diamond.

Now to win a few more games and get Sombra's golden gun for the Rime skin. Very fancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Had a great night of games tonight, 5-1-1 so far, 80% WR with Winny, playing reasonable D.Va and Hog too!

Ended up in a game with an Irishman, hello Ares!

Hoping to place high Silver and reach 2300 or so by the end of the season

Im 5 - 1 - 0 with mercy so far, hopefully enough done to get diamond again. Placed mid plat then with my flex(mostly moira) account

New menu screen apparently. Looks like these skins will be on the way soon...

vJYYZDtl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

IvoryTower wrote: »
    What do you mean not cut out for it?

Despite a billion hours of OW and knowing better, I still tend to get super wound-up over comp. End up mad tense afterwards, even after winning.
    I don't want to be the person who cares too much about their rank, but i struggle much to my shame.

I figure if i had a relaxed group and just played a load of games it might cure me, but most of comp queueing i've done was with super sweaty players or solo.

All nonsense in my head at the end of the day, if i ever stop playing Mystery Heroes i'm sure i'll get back into comp. Just need to chill and not sweat the number.

And yeah new menu screen looks pretty sweet!

Just get a smurf so you can enjoy playing comp without ruining your rank, can always use it then for warming up and playing with friends. Works great for me tbh

Smurf account = comp minus the stress

Im 5 - 1 - 0 with mercy so far, hopefully enough done to get diamond again. Placed mid plat then with my flex(mostly moira) account

Got smashed in my next 2 games. Either i wasnt awake cause i played first thing this morning or the games got suddenly really hard. Being picked out of the sky with ease.

The Junk Meta leads to some terrible Junks :(

And people who steal your hero for the opposite round despite the fact that you're cleaning

The Junk Meta leads to some terrible Junks :(

And people who steal your hero for the opposite round despite the fact that you're cleaning

Yeah, but junk is awesome.

I love people that cant tell a good junk from a bad,

Dives in kills mercy and zen then dies, junk your ****.....ehm they have no healers?

Went 6 - 1 - 3, finished 2993, so just 8sr lower than last season. Thought i would get diamond with the 6 wins but happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've decided I'm playing DPS on my Alt from now on. What's the point healing when you have a Junk and three DPS. It's not fun healing for that so I'm not doing it anymore.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I've decided I'm playing DPS on my Alt from now on. What's the point healing when you have a Junk and three DPS. It's not fun healing for that so I'm not doing it anymore.

Thats the joys of a smurf. So no one will help heal? Fine,im joining the party :)

Thats the joys of a smurf. So no one will help heal? Fine,im joining the party :)

I've healed for 7 seasons on both accounts, in the last three (or four) the likelihood of getting a second healer have fallen dramatically.

Last season with the 3DPS, Junk, Tank and Healer was extremely frustrating if your solo healing. People spread everywhere and no one accepting responsibility for their mistakes that mean they die, it's clearly the healers fault they died.

At least with the triple tank meta they were grouped up and you could top everyone up early.

6-3-1 overall, poor morning overall but ill take it, placed at 1664, lower than I finished last season but I think I'm in a good position to climb, confident playing Winston, D.Va, Orisa, Zarya and Zen and I used to play a lot of old Hog, so some more practise should bring me to a reasonable level with him too.

Junk is fun but he needs balancing again. He gets his ult far too quickly and far too often.

If there's a Junk on both teams, you're hearing "Fire in the hole!" 10+ times a game.

Junk is fun but he needs balancing again. He gets his ult far too quickly and far too often.

If there's a Junk on both teams, you're hearing "Fire in the hole!" 10+ times a game.

Take away his second mine (or give the mine damage droop off) and slow his Ult charge down and he'd be fine.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Take away his second mine (or give the mine damage droop off) and slow his Ult charge down and he'd be fine.

pvptwitch had a great idea for it, drop mine damage down to 90-100 and make his primary fire bounce less, also 10% tire speed reduction.

Cant take away his second mine, its the only thing that made him be played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Played six hours of Mystery Heroes with friends the other day, the longest I've played of any game in one sitting in about a decade almost I'd say.

Amazing craic and helps you build up good skill levels with some of the characters without having to screw over your team playing new characters in quickplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

J. Marston wrote:

Absolutely. Choke point on attack Hannamura last night and I heard it for the second time in what seemed like a minute. Just looked up at the gap in the wall thinking "you can't be serious?"

Played QP for the first time in ages during the season break as Widow. Had the most "fun" I've had playing in a long time. Wouldn't dare whip her out in comp though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is there really a need for placements ?
    Everyone basically ends up a few SR above or below where they finished the previous season...I've never seen anyone drastically different from previous seasons.
    It only seems relevant for First Timers...and there aren't that many of them these days...and if there are...they're usually smurfs.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is there really a need for placements ?
    Everyone basically ends up a few SR above or below where they finished the previous season...I've never seen anyone drastically different from previous seasons.
    It only seems relevant for First Timers...and there aren't that many of them these days...and if there are...they're usually smurfs.

They're only there to make you come back and play each season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement