Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Its hard to make sense of them. On my account where i played half of them drunk and won 5 or 6 i ended up over 100sr above where i finished last season. Which would suggest it does matter..

But then on other account where i won 6 lost 3 i lost 8sr

In the last game on first account i remember we held anubis point A and i had teleported 14 players. I feel like getting a big result like that gives you a bump. Like if you got 25k+ healing, 28k damage blocked, 6 billion kills etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Fixxer, that you playing winston on luncar colony base there now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

pvptwitch had a great idea for it, drop mine damage down to 90-100 and make his primary fire bounce less, also 10% tire speed reduction.

Cant take away his second mine, its the only thing that made him be played

His primary could probably do with a nerf to 100dmg, it wouldn't effect his ttk on any squishies, Reaper, Doomfist and Mei included, but would stop him mowing tanks and shields so quickly.

I'm probably biased as a tank main but imo his damage is far too high, lowering his damage a touch would add another few hits to his ult charge too.

I wonder what his pickrate is at the minute, from my own tier I'd guess 70%+, it's amazing to have a game without a Junk.

Didn't they just buff the tire speed?

His primary could probably do with a nerf to 100dmg, it wouldn't effect his ttk on any squishies, Reaper, Doomfist and Mei included, but would stop him mowing tanks and shields so quickly.

I'm probably biased as a tank main but imo his damage is far too high, lowering his damage a touch would add another few hits to his ult charge too.

I wonder what his pickrate is at the minute, from my own tier I'd guess 70%+, it's amazing to have a game without a Junk.

Didn't they just buff the tire speed?

about season 5/6 they did, its a bit much now i got used to it, his primary id leave as is, just make it so it doesnt bounce around as much, stay around as long

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Fixxer, that you playing winston on luncar colony base there now?

Nah dude, on holiday with the family at the moment. Overwatch clean for four days now, won't be back on until friday :(

Edit: I play on PS4 as Sad_Ryu so if its someone called Fixxxer, it doubly aint me. Were they any good?

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Nah dude, on holiday with the family at the moment. Overwatch clean for four days now, won't be back on until friday :(

Edit: I play on PS4 as Sad_Ryu so if its someone called Fixxxer, it doubly aint me. Were they any good?

ah grand, he was pretty good, just made one or two bad dive decisions where he should of shielded his teammates instead of himself

Always make friennds with the Mercy, even if you're playing Zarya with no Ult you'll still get rezzed!

I've started being straight up positive in Comp now, simple stuff like thanking multikills, saying well done after a good round/game and just generally not flaming and tilting. It's gotten me a handful of friend requests from different folk, and I regularly end up in communicating 3 stacks because of it.

Instead of focussing on the win, I'm just trying to root out my own mistakes, when to push, when to peel and not dying.

Might be worth a shot by anyone getting frustrated, just focus on improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got super carried in a game there. Played so bad. No medals, 21 elims, 18 deaths, about 3 wasted ults. There was an Irish guy on mic calling all the shots who was polite enough not to point it out!

Was almost embarrassing being on the winning side.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I've started being straight up positive in Comp now, simple stuff like thanking multikills, saying well done after a good round/game and just generally not flaming and tilting. It's gotten me a handful of friend requests from different folk, and I regularly end up in communicating 3 stacks because of it.

Instead of focussing on the win, I'm just trying to root out my own mistakes, when to push, when to peel and not dying.

Might be worth a shot by anyone getting frustrated, just focus on improving.

A noble goal and good advice!

After reading all the chat on this thread i went and did the other 7 placement matches. 5-5, played ok in most and crap in some, placed mid diamond which seems fair.

Not many came into chat but those that did were positive. Managed to lose my final game on Route 66 as a 6vs5 which was pretty shameful...the one other guy in chat and I just couldn't believe it was happening even after they steamrolled us.

After most match i'd message someone on my team who played well/popped off, even if we lost. The one or two times i've gotten a post-game compliment has really made my day so trying to spread the love.

Also good to acknowledge when you're getting carried and tip the hat

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Playing Anubis last night and as soon as chat started up, had people giving out that the Widow was a thrower and had thrown the last game they were in.

She got a few good picks during 1st defense so I thought maybe the others were just giving out because they didn't want a Widow.

Then, on 2nd CP she started acting the bollocks, dancing around and hanging around spawn. We got leathered.

I messaged her and just asked "Why?"

"Dropping rank 4 a m8" - dirtbird

Anyways, against all odds, we took the 2nd round.

She dc'd after that, and we agreed it was no loss. However, someone on the other team dc'd too so it was 5v5 and we won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

WarpAsylum wrote:
    dirtbird

Needs to be a Moira voiceline

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

fixxxer wrote: »
    Needs to be a Moira voiceline

I heard her line when she gets 5 votes postgame for the first time yesterday: "Pure class". It's great because it works well as formal sneery scientist language or as Irish slang.

Pure class!

anyone find moiras damage beam is a bit too much range/goes around corners for a second after LOS is broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finished placements on my Alt Account. 3 wins, a draw and six losses. Medaled for damage and kills in most games after deciding to play DPS (although I did switch to Tank or Healer for a round or two) but really focused killing the enemy healers at every opportunity.

Happy enough with how I played, few mistakes where I half killed a guy and couldn't quite kill him, or was focusing the wrong target but that'll come with more time on DPS.

Placed 2213 and finished last season 2231 so no real difference. Let's see if I can climb out of Gold now just playing DPS with the odd game as Tank/Healer.

I've been between a highest of 2942 and lowest of 2824 since being placed. Currently 2902. Always been low-mid Plat the last few seasons.

All I can think about is making Diamond, just to say I did it at least once. I need to get it out of my head because, it's wrecking it to be honest. Every game seems like life or death :eek:

anyone find moiras damage beam is a bit too much range/goes around corners for a second after LOS is broken?
    Yep, totally.

But I've no problem at all with it when she's a teammate and I can watch an enemy Genji frantically trying to scurry away

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    I've been between a highest of 2942 and lowest of 2824 since being placed. Currently 2902. Always been low-mid Plat the last few seasons.

All I can think about is making Diamond, just to say I did it at least once. I need to get it out of my head because, it's wrecking it to be honest. Every game seems like life or death :eek:

It's so doable, just need a run of wins! Maybe 3/4 games...which is rare for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Yep, totally.

But I've no problem at all with it when she's a teammate and I can watch an enemy Genji frantically trying to scurry away

Same here. I play a lot of Zen so I've grown to be afraid of Genji and to a much lesser extent, Tracer.

I've been playing a lot of Moira recently and I'm really enjoying my revenge. In her current state she hard counters him. He can't attack the back line anymore and all he does is feed me heals before he runs away or switches.

Apparently Mercy and Junkrat nerfs are on the PTR.

A long time coming.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Apparently Mercy and Junkrat nerfs are on the PTR.

A long time coming.

whats the junk nerfs?

• Advertisement

junkrat nerf isnt bad, slower wheel, mines have fall off, mercy got destroyed, ult doesnt give extra res and now has a cast time, valk time also cut down by 1/4 or so

Time to Moira fill. Mercy is dead.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Time to Moira fill. Mercy is dead.

moira anna ftw, or moira zen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

moira anna ftw, or moira zen

Those combinations work really well. You get long and short range heals and Moira can chase away Genjis and Tracers.

Those combinations work really well. You get long and short range heals and Moira can chase away Genjis and Tracers.
    I find in plat a lot of Moira's focus on DPS too much and don't heal, played in a game where Moira was always the first to dive in.

Started a new thing if I lose two games in a row I stop playing for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I still think mercy will be strong but thats a great nerf.

Just saw this on Reddit, Zen now has his Discord and Harmony Orb targets HP on screen

https://imgur.com/a/0hHoY

It's a little out of the way for in combat discord ref but will be handy for peeks and knowing when to move harmony off your other healer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just saw this on Reddit, Zen now has his Discord and Harmony Orb targets HP on screen

https://imgur.com/a/0hHoY

It's a little out of the way for in combat discord ref but will be handy for peeks and knowing when to move harmony off your other healer

That was on the last PTR wasn't it?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That was on the last PTR wasn't it?

Yep, still on PTR should have mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Half way through placements, haven't played in 3 weeks. won 2 L2 D1... Games I lost.. played out of my skin.. games I won got carried, or close to it. Typical. GG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement