Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I find in plat a lot of Moira's focus on DPS too much and don't heal, played in a game where Moira was always the first to dive in.

It takes a lot of discipline to be a healing moira.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

It takes a lot of discipline to be a healing moira.

yup, you can be beside 70% of them looking for healing and you just get ignored.

Have been getting back into playing anna, but hold **** people do not peel to protect, then i get frustrated at how bad dps are.

I might go back to being a tank at least they can survive a bit longer

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I love playing Ana and my stats are usually good with her but my win rate is crap with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

yup, you can be beside 70% of them looking for healing and you just get ignored.

Have been getting back into playing anna, but hold **** people do not peel to protect, then i get frustrated at how bad dps are.

I might go back to being a tank at least they can survive a bit longer

It's a bad time to be playing Ana in fairness, your only hope is to pocket a tank. What Rank do you play at? Before my drop I'd meet high Gold/Low Plat players and could never get a DPS to peel, the odd tank would.

I'm trying to figure which main tank would be best to climb from Silver, I can play all 6 to a pretty respectable degree at Silver/Gold level but Jesus I'd love to get back to Gold soon, low silver is heartbreaking.

I duo with a Mercy/DPS player a decent bit, might just get him to play Pharah/Reaper and run our own two man dive comp, me on Winston/D.va and get the off-tank to pocket our own healers.

Had a Rein the other day constantly charging Point A on Hanamura while a Doomfist torn our backline apart, asked him to play Winston or let me play Winston, or at least stick with the team and not charge alone. "I'm making space you need to fcuking follow me, oh look now you're ****ing dead". I'm a solohealing Zen with no tanks you brain dead moron, of course I'm dying constantly.

It's a bad time to be playing Ana in fairness, your only hope is to pocket a tank. What Rank do you play at? Before my drop I'd meet high Gold/Low Plat players and could never get a DPS to peel, the odd tank would.

I'm trying to figure which main tank would be best to climb from Silver, I can play all 6 to a pretty respectable degree at Silver/Gold level but Jesus I'd love to get back to Gold soon, low silver is heartbreaking.

I duo with a Mercy/DPS player a decent bit, might just get him to play Pharah/Reaper and run our own two man dive comp, me on Winston/D.va and get the off-tank to pocket our own healers.

Had a Rein the other day constantly charging Point A on Hanamura while a Doomfist torn our backline apart, asked him to play Winston or let me play Winston, or at least stick with the team and not charge alone. "I'm making space you need to fcuking follow me, oh look now you're ****ing dead". I'm a solohealing Zen with no tanks you brain dead moron, of course I'm dying constantly.

play at plat, its just shockling team awareness, you see a genji pop off kill two healers and nobody turns around, it's right there in the kill feed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Play Hog, you can get picks and heal yourself so won't have to rely on your team for heals.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Feels like I've only two ranks for the past 2 or 3 days. Either 3195 or 3217.

Win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, win, loss etc.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Play Hog, you can get picks and heal yourself so won't have to rely on your team for heals.

It's not heals that I'm normally short for, support, coordination and peeling are the main things, like a lot of my Winston and Zarya games I run KDs of 8+ pretty commonly.

Will give Hog a shot alright, don't play him much anymore.

No problems pocketing the Mercy but I'm wondering about shields for healers, you can't body block everything. People love playing off-tanks but shield tanks are hard come by.

Then again, it's silver, I've often dropped bubbles over healers and watched them walk out of it, into danger.

play at plat, its just shockling team awareness, you see a genji pop off kill two healers and nobody turns around, it's right there in the kill feed!

Jesus, it's a problem that high? Selfish DPS expecting to carry to Diamond I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Jesus, it's a problem that high? Selfish DPS expecting to carry to Diamond I guess

Theres a moment when you hit plat where you think wow look people are starting to make proper teams,thats short lived though, the teams might be slightly better than in silver but the feeding is still ridiculous. When you play mercy you really notice how bad it is cause youre not going to go in without ypur team so you just watch as they run in one by one dying and dying and dying. Every now and again you get some hero on comms who gathers the troops. Still very few on comms though. You could go many games without hearing a thing in mid plat

• Advertisement

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Theres a moment when you hit plat where you think wow look people are starting to make proper teams,thats short lived though, the teams might be slightly better than in silver but the feeding is still ridiculous. When you play mercy you really notice how bad it is cause youre not going to go in without ypur team so you just watch as they run in one by one dying and dying and dying. Every now and again you get some hero on comms who gathers the troops. Still very few on comms though. You could go many games without hearing a thing in mid plat

That's brutal, I try to use comms most games. Normally just calling out low enemies or reminding people of the upcoming ult they can cancel or calling for groups. The first two seem to work, but grouping? Nah.

I'm still not playing Mercy at all, loving it. Considering picking up Moira, I've played her before but get confused sometimes, need more practise. Would be nice for when all tanks are taken. See people putting up huge numbers healing with her, 15k+.

Actually had a game last week with 5 Tank/Support mains, no one wanted to DPS, it was really strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Finished placements W4 D1 Lost 5... 2668

I love playing moira, lucio seems to be finally clicking as well, watching emongg has me mad to play him,he gets from the spawn to point in literally a few seconds its a joy to watch!

Im act terrible with comms cause of my living situation but i always join the group and will speak when needed but cant really shot call most of the time or ill wake the missus

I love playing moira, lucio seems to be finally clicking as well, watching emongg has me mad to play him,he gets from the spawn to point in literally a few seconds its a joy to watch!

Im act terrible with comms cause of my living situation but i always join the group and will speak when needed but cant really shot call most of the time or ill wake the missus

Lucio is a great pick on KOTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

IvoryTower wrote:

Time to reassess your living situation :p

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Time to reassess your living situation :p

Will be sorted in approx 2-3 years sure itll still be going strong by then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Ah man, I was only kidding. I know how it is these days.
    I'm 36 years of age and back with the folks.
    "Who are you shouting at up there!?!"

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Ah man, I was only kidding. I know how it is these days.
    36 years of age and back with the folks.
    "Who are you shouting at up there!?!"

Unlucky m8 im only 35 :)

Played so much overwatch this weekend, feel like i need to go into rehab. Im like a streamer that doesn't stream, or talk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Moira is my new favourite character, enjoying her before the inevitable nerf. Got my first ever game with 5 gold medals with her, of course nobody on my team voted for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Warp and Ivory....become flatmates ...shout all yis want together ? :D

• Advertisement

Watching a Genji desperately use reflect as the last of his HP bar whittles away after you isolate him with Winston or Moira...

e93.jpg

I just had a serious game with Mercy on Junkertown, 7 kills, 14k healing and 17 Res. Still lost though but I couldn't have done any more

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Forgot how annoying comp is, lost 5/7 games last night including last two placement matches. I still don't get people who've played since launch that insist on picking genji, have over 100+ hours and still try to 1 v 1 a tank.

I do love multiplayer fps games but I'm feeling jaded with this. I'll see what happens with all the new maps and content but getting stuck with 4 5 stacks who just dps isn't something I want to be a part of after a day of work any more.

On a more positive note I am feeling the variety of hero selections and how viable everyone is, apart from mercy being a must pick.

Played with a four stack there where one of them was somehow clipping into the bell on point A of Hanamura so the other team couldn't take it.

I was going to be kinda honourable and not try since it would have been a cheat win but the other team's Hanzo teabagged me so fúck that. Free win.

Sight808 wrote: »
    Forgot how annoying comp is, lost 5/7 games last night including last two placement matches. I still don't get people who've played since launch that insist on picking genji, have over 100+ hours and still try to 1 v 1 a tank.

I do love multiplayer fps games but I'm feeling jaded with this. I'll see what happens with all the new maps and content but getting stuck with 4 5 stacks who just dps isn't something I want to be a part of after a day of work any more.

On a more positive note I am feeling the variety of hero selections and how viable everyone is, apart from mercy being a must pick.
    I feel ya, just played a game where we got roles by the full pirate ship, our team kept trying different combos, tracer zarya junk etc for marriage burst damage, everyone except a widow who refused to change despite shoot long into an Orissa and rein shield

Is anyone going to follow the League? Starting Tuesday, with know nothing about any of the teams and only recognizing about 10 players in the whole competition, I said I'd shout for London Spitfire.

Is anyone going to follow the League? Starting Tuesday, with know nothing about any of the teams and only recognizing about 10 players in the whole competition, I said I'd shout for London Spitfire.

One of the team's is pretty much lunatic hai iirc, They should win it

Shanghai Dragons is it? Saw their coach was in a bit of bother during the week over Account Sharing and some other dodge goings on

I don't follow esports much, any players I know is from the world cup

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Unlucky m8 im only 35 :)

Lets hear it for the Mid 30's Can't Afford A Home Overwatch Players Of Ireland!
    Probably have enough of us for a six stack.

My girlfriend scolds me for saying mean things about my teammates while on mute. Maybe if they'd group up i wouldn't be swearing to myself so much!

God damn idiots, get on the payload.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think 3 or 4 of the teams are full of Koreans, including London.
    Lunatic Hai underperformed here in the Korean League season, the Busan team stomped everyone.

Seoul Dynasty is the team made up of the Lunatic Hai / World Cup members.

But other World Cup team members scattered on other teams too.

They kid 'Fl0wer'...who was amazing on Widow and everyone was talking about during the world cup for Korea is too young to play yet...still 17. He's on a backup roster for the New York team. (which has the Tracer and Winston from the Korean World Cup team on it)

I'd say if you're unsure who to follow...choose the colours you like the most and go with that :p

I'll go with Seoul as it's where I live:rolleyes: and not just because they're probably the best

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement