Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

SeantheMan wrote: »
    So played the 10 comps with the level 25 account.
    The first 7 games were alongside my bronze mate

Won 1 , Lost 5 and drew one.
    Played the other 3 alone and won all 3.

Was obviously hoping to be withing 1000 of his 500-600 SR
    Got put in plat at 2650....so....that's that out the window.
    Useless account now.
    I'm just gonna go back to the other one with the higher rank and skins..it's high gold...always a struggle to make it out of there...but whatever. Annoyed :(

I warned you! Happened to me, i done my placements using characters i never used and it still put me high gold. It can tell the difference between a noob and a smurf thats for sure. Your game sense alone would have you miles ahead of them even if you're not particularly good with a character.

I had to load into games and quit instantly for a bit. I cant remember but I think I could do it 3 times a day or something, lose 150 sr each day, something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I warned you! Happened to me, i done my placements using characters i never used and it still put me high gold. It can tell the difference between a noob and a smurf thats for sure. Your game sense alone would have you miles ahead of them even if you're not particularly good with a character.

I had to load into games and quit instantly for a bit. I cant remember but I think I could do it 3 times a day or something, lose 150 sr each day, something like that.

I'm not willing to feck other people over, so I'm just gonna let the account rot and hopefully he can climb. Try teach him a few things in QP

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm not willing to feck other people over, so I'm just gonna let the account rot and hopefully he can climb. Try teach him a few things in QP

Well, quitting before the match starts only you lose sr so it's not too bad but i understand. Wouldnt stop me mind, for the amount of time i play ow theres no way i wasnt playing with my friends

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You wont mess anyone over if you quit at the start of the match, you're the only one that gets a loss and point deduction in that scenario, though it is extremely annoying when it happens.

Yeah it is, but nothing like someone quitting when its too late to cancel the game.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You wont mess anyone over if you quit at the start of the match, you're the only one that gets a loss and point deduction in that scenario, though it is extremely annoying when it happens.

Ahh ok,

I thought I would be causing a loss for others.
    I might try it so. Thanks. Poor lad is awful at the game but is trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is there other benefits to playing comp? More XP?

I've never played it and half wondering if there's any point (for me, I mean). Have about 60hrs clocked up (recent player), enjoy QP the odd time and have a few mains I'd be reasonably OK with but mostly Mystery Heroes.

I've never played it and half wondering if there's any point (for me, I mean). Have about 60hrs clocked up (recent player), enjoy QP the odd time and have a few mains I'd be reasonably OK with but mostly Mystery Heroes.

Comp is the most fun by far imo. Why would you even think about not playing it?! Mystery heroes is fun alright but its no substitute for comp, id probably stop playing overwatch if comp was gone and im obsessed with the game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Not really, as a team game it really only shines in Comp where (hopefully) your whole team will be built around each other and the enemies, and then working as a group.

QP is pretty much people dicking around, learning heroes and solo play in general. You get that in Comp too but not as much.

I'd give it a lash and see what you think I guess, theres no reason not to at least try it. People tend to me more toxic in comp though so be ready for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Looking at those OWL skins on the different characters, it really hits home how awful the Orissa character model is.

• Advertisement

Might give comp a go later so. Have a headset so I'll do my best to be a team player. Only mains I'd be reasonably decent with would be Moira, Bastion, S76, Orisa.....maybe Parah.

Reasonably competent with most other heroes, the only one I am irredeemably crap with is Doomfist.

Might give comp a go later so. Have a headset so I'll do my best to be a team player. Only mains I'd be reasonably decent with would be Moira, Bastion, S76, Orisa.....maybe Parah.

Reasonably competent with most other heroes, the only one I am irredeemably crap with is Doomfist.

Thats a good mix to get started, doomfist is hard for most people, ive about 2 hours out of hundreds on him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Torn between London Spitfire & Shanghai Dragons skins:
    enagG9dl.png

VSmS9Lcl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Does anyone else find a lot of these skins just very boring and generic.

i got the london pharah one just cause I "support" them :)

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find a lot of these skins just very boring and generic.

They're just a jersey really. Some of them look neat though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    enagG9dl.png

VSmS9Lcl.png

I would go for London Spitfire.

gonna be cool to see a whole team as one of those colours

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Someone found a way to get another 100 OWL tokens (i.e. 1 extra OWL skin)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7pdcov/free_100_tokens_for_signing_up_for_owl_news/

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    enagG9dl.png

VSmS9Lcl.png

I love these skins, but you just pop out on the screen, pick you a mile off in the spitfire.

• Advertisement

hide in the sky

**** it. I eloped to San Francisco to get married so I guess the Shocks are my team now :) Don't let me down boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You've more than enough to start, at low levels tanks and healers are like hens teeth so prepare to solo heal/tank

Advice to start would be stick with your team, Suoercharge after your best DPS has ulted and is on the scene (more dmg means they'll build ult faster) and play Moira as a healer with DPS capabilities, not the other way round

And don't expect to hear anyone on chat either

Yeah, I tend to deal way more damage than heal when playing as Moira. Depends on the team make-up. Sometimes if there's a mercy or Lucio also on-board I lean strongly towards DPS. I just find her really good as DPS if you play her reasonably well and brilliant for annoying the hell out of the other team and making them 'go' for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Finally made Diamond!
    Afraid to play another game now ha ha 😂

fixxxer wrote: »
    **** it. I eloped to San Francisco to get married so I guess the Shocks are my team now :) Don't let me down boys!

San Fran are live right now !!

Seoul on in 2 hours or so, I'll be home by then and will be able to watch it ! :D
    Though I much prefer Youtube live to Twitch.
    Less lag....and screw Twitch chat.

With regards to Terrorfirmer and playing comp,
    Every team appreciates a good tank or healer. Most people will try instalock a DPS unfortunately. I usually fill.
    Leave voice chat if they're toxic and just type to them, try be positive even if it's not going your way.

If you're gonna be Moira...then your job is to heal. Too many Moiras typing...I'm gold kills...wtf are you guys doing?
    Well that's because it's quite easy to throw a ball of damage and let it hit random enemies and get awarded a kill or kill assist for it.
    Focus on the healing aspect.
    Have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Been out of the loop for a while. Has Moira been nerfed yet?

Been out of the loop for a while. Has Moira been nerfed yet?

Nope. And still not picked at all at the top level so i'm hoping that's reason enough not to nerf her...

• Advertisement

Watched the first two matches in the feed last night. Seems like they have a really good set up for watching the matches live. Trying to find full matches afterwards is a bit hodge podge though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement