Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

fixxxer wrote: »
    Watched the first two matches in the feed last night. Seems like they have a really good set up for watching the matches live. Trying to find full matches afterwards is a bit hodge podge though.

just click on the past videos on the twitch page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Right, so tried what some people said about leaving the game before the match starts.

Turned on Overwatch on the TV to watch the league games, started an Overwatch game...let it run without moving...got kicked.
    - Points...but a ban for 10 mins.
    Tried it again after 10 mins.
    -Points...ban for 30 mins

Played 1 or 2 for the craic...but we ended up winning both...

Tried to do it once more, hoping it had reset to 10min bans.
    -Lost points, 8 hour ban

So yeah, that method isn't great :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Two or three more and it's a season ban, if I remember it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Sweatiest game of Anubis from the league ever- seriously watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SsPjiFK82U

J. Marston wrote: »
    Two or three more and it's a season ban, if I remember it correctly.

Yeah I'm not gonna bother. Too much hassle.
    I suggested to my mate that I borrow his account and at least bring him up quickly to mid silver or something so it's within 1000 difference and we can play together.

• Advertisement

Sweatiest game of Anubis from the league ever- seriously watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SsPjiFK82U

Not into eSports but I hope that xQc guy always loses. Seen his pathetic tantrums before and he seems like a massive tool.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I suggested to my mate that I borrow his account and at least bring him up quickly to mid silver or something so it's within 1000 difference and we can play together.

Thats why I said I could do it about 3 times a day, i think after 8 gours its 24hrs so i didnt do that one. That may have changed since so dont hold me to that. I would get up to the 8 hours and then leave it until the next day. Can use your own account in the mean time or play quickplay with mate.

Had a game where our throw comp beat their meta comp. Attacking Route 66 with no healers, Torb and Mei against D.Va, Zarya, Mercy, Junk and some others.

They must've been seething.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Had a game where our throw comp beat their meta comp. Attacking Route 66 with no healers, Torb and Mei against D.Va, Zarya, Mercy, Junk and some others.

They must've been seething.

My team managed to roll Lunar Colony point A with an attack Torb :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Anyone ever get deducted 50sr for a loss?
    I DC'd during a game, but got back in in time. Played another two rounds, but we lost.
    I was 3003 and got a shock to see I was 2953 the next game.
    No 10 minute ban.
    Luckily, won the next two games and back to 3006.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I still don't know why the game immediately punishes players with seasons upon seasons of good records. They should allow at least one benefit of the doubt for possible disconnects per season.

Pretty sure I played with a Widow who was using mouse and keyboard on PS4. They've played 4 hours of Widow this season and have 86% weapon accuracy and immediately got a triple kill on attack Hanamura from the choke perch.

Seemed very dodgy to me.

https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/kikimaru024-2681/season/8

6-3-1 in placements

Playing decent as tanks, Pharah play bobs between godlike & scrub.
    2325SR

At this stage I think I'm stuck here.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/kikimaru024-2681/season/8

6-3-1 in placements

Playing decent as tanks, Pharah play bobs between godlike & scrub.
    2325SR

At this stage I think I'm stuck here.

Are you using other dps as well? Pharah not often viable with the amount of mccrees and soldiers i find. Shes def one my my face 3 to play with but i often find soldier safer pick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Is there any way to get more league points for buying kits other than paying for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Is there any way to get more league points for buying kits other than paying for them?

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/354745

Although note I've just read, not tried it. Haven't been playing for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Pretty sure I played with a Widow who was using mouse and keyboard on PS4. They've played 4 hours of Widow this season and have 86% weapon accuracy and immediately got a triple kill on attack Hanamura from the choke perch.

Seemed very dodgy to me.

Is there anything to prevent players doing this?

I don't play on console so I'm a bit clueless but playing mouse and keyboard would give a massive advantage. Even moreso if the player still had the aim-assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Seemed very dodgy to me.

Could be an alt account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Is there anything to prevent players doing this?

I don't play on console so I'm a bit clueless but playing mouse and keyboard would give a massive advantage. Even moreso if the player still had the aim-assist.

Blizzard have publicly said its not a bannable offence (yet) but it's not in the spirit of fair play, so players shouldn't do it.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Are you using other dps as well? Pharah not often viable with the amount of mccrees and soldiers i find. Shes def one my my face 3 to play with but i often find soldier safer pick

I flex my DPS with Soldier (bad accuracy tho) and Junkrat, but I'm more likely to switch to the aforementioned tanks tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Pro OverAnalyzed of the Dynasty vs Fuel Anubis map

https://youtu.be/DxTzNFJoi1s

Ended up swapping accounts for the weekend.
    I've won my first 8 games on his pretty easily so his is up to 870 now.

I checked in with him today, he's managed to bring my lowest account from 2350 down to 1430 with his skill...or lack of I should say :P. He put in some long hours and hard work it seems :P:cool:

Ended up swapping accounts for the weekend.
    I've won my first 8 games on his pretty easily so his is up to 870 now.

I checked in with him today, he's managed to bring my lowest account from 2350 down to 1430 with his skill...or lack of I should say :P. He put in some long hours and hard work it seems :P:cool:

That's a dickbag move for everyone on his teams who was trying earnestly to win. :mad:

If you signed up for the OWL newsletter, you should have the free 100 tokens for another skin. Just got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If you signed up for the OWL newsletter, you should have the free 100 tokens for another skin. Just got mine.

dynasty junk for me

Went Dynasty Sombra.

Wish they'd fix her hair though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My best session in a long time, decent team comps and just an enjoyable afternoon.

Played 8 won 7 up 147 SR today for a season high on my Alt Account.

I'm not doing to bad with DPS (mainly playing flanky Solider) or Hog. I'm enjoying it a lot more than healing every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Was proud of this. Not sure how much it helped though, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Was proud of this. Not sure how much it helped though, lol

that was a nice bubble

• Advertisement

Anyone watching the Overwatch League ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement