Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

SeantheMan wrote:
    Anyone watching the Overwatch League ?

That Pine fella playing McCree for NYEX, just incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Hows everyones season going?

Going solo for all of my games, generally finding it tough, have been flexing a lot and my sr has suffered. A lot more genji this season also.

only won 1/3 of the games I've played so slipped back down to low plat. ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Ive been within 1 or 2 wins from diamond with mercy since placements, if i could get a few hours straight to play i think id start moving

On my other account i fully flex and hovering around mid plat, i think it went low as 2600 and high as 2800.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Placed at 2955, peaked at 3200, now at my lowest ever of 2822.

The difference in game intelligence between <2999 and 3000> is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Seen some amazing strategies playing on my friends account in Bronze.

My favorite was the opposition defending on Mumbani.

At the 1st capture point to get the payload....all 6 members sat in a corner.
    Orisa shield + Rein shield with Bastion and Torb and Moira and Mercy healing.
    All shoved into a little corner.

Funny thing is that it actually worked for a few minutes because my teammates were staggering in and playing Genji and Tracer and Winston.
    It was only when I convinced someone to take Junkrat and spam the corner...and I myself flew around the back above them as a damage boosted Pharah w/Mercy that we managed to break it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Seen some amazing strategies playing on my friends account in Bronze.

My favorite was the opposition defending on Mumbani.

At the 1st capture point to get the payload....all 6 members sat in a corner.
    Orisa shield + Rein shield with Bastion and Torb and Moira and Mercy healing.
    All shoved into a little corner.

Funny thing is that it actually worked for a few minutes because my teammates were staggering in and playing Genji and Tracer and Winston.
    It was only when I convinced someone to take Junkrat and spam the corner...and I myself flew around the back above them as a damage boosted Pharah w/Mercy that we managed to break it.

It's definitely a risky strategy from them. For as long as it works, it'll work brilliantly. But once it's broken, the whole team is liable to go down.

Better off separating the torb and the bastion so one covers the other.

Getting out cheesed on Junkertown is painful. Being Mercy where you've little say in breaking the shields means you just have to watch as everyone gets slaughtered

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's rare you will lose on numbani defence at gold level if you place the turret in the little room that faces back towards the payload I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

6 wins, 3 losses, 1 draw....
    1499 SR high Bronze

God. Damn. It

6 wins, 3 losses, 1 draw....
    1499 SR high Bronze

God. Damn. It

I think that's a decent run on placements, it's a shame it doesn't mean that much overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »
    I think that's a decent run on placements, it's a shame it doesn't mean that much overall.

I think he means he was 1 SR away from Silver.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think he means he was 1 SR away from Silver.

Oh, then God speed deadly...god speed!

The new friendly fire aim assist on Ana sure makes her more usable now.

fixxxer wrote: »
    The new friendly fire aim assist on Ana sure makes her more usable now.

Oh was that pushed out this patch? I might give her a go so.

emmetkenny wrote:
    Oh was that pushed out this patch? I might give her a go so.

Yeah just go in to her hero specific settings in options and you'll see the sliders.

Lads, we need to talk about Dva - I've kind of avoided her the last two seasons. But she can roll an entire team. I'm turning fights with her recently. Shutting down soldiers, mcrees.. see that zen over there.. GIVE ME THAT ZEN. oh the mercy is flying away... C'MERE MERCY. Oh and phara... GET LOST.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What are people's worst maps? I dread seeing Ilios, can't stand it.

Never seem to play well on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Finally played comp. Placement matches were all over the place, lost one game in literally about 30 seconds. Had me in a sort of 'staring out the window distantly' moment wondering why I was even playing. Eventually placed at 2100 which I assume is ****e, 2/5 essentially.

Part of the problem was almost every single game, my mains were already taken as I'm only good with about 4 characters. Moira got chosen in every single match straight off the bat.

Finally played comp. Placement matches were all over the place, lost one game in literally about 30 seconds. Had me in a sort of 'staring out the window distantly' moment wondering why I was even playing. Eventually placed at 2100 which I assume is ****e, 2/5 essentially.

Part of the problem was almost every single game, my mains were already taken as I'm only good with about 4 characters. Moira got chosen in every single match straight off the bat.

2100 is gold, good start tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

J. Marston wrote:

Lijiang Tower and Horizon Lunar Colony for me. Too many bad games on each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Had a string of good tank games tonight, 27-2, 43-3, 36-3 and 28-11, all bar the last one were rolls, up 100-odd to 1713SR and end up losing 50 over the ****ing "Rendering Device Lost" bug. We were gonna lose anyways but sickening to lose the 50, managed to make it back in when the 'Defeat' screen was just disappearing :(

Delighted with my play though, 21 player KS on Winston, my highest ever, and ended up being second to charge ult as Zarya, which is always nice.

Bloody Junkrats, "Zarya wait till I have ult to combo", 5 minutes later, "okay Zarya ult! Ult now!", "Wait no I'm dead"

I grav'd when you shouted at me to you tick, what happened in the half second it took me to press Q?

Rein went in swinging and downed both supports and Hog so it worked out anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

2100 is grand, especially if you weren't playing your mains most of the time, 2300 is the 50% mark afaik, so you're not far off being better than most

J. Marston wrote: »

Never seem to play well on it.

Horizon and oasis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can't f*cking win.

My teams just keep getting rolled.

If you hate Junkrat, you really should play as him for a bit. I've hours on him and as a result I have a good idea in my head how most Junkrat players will move around a map. Plus flying through the air and landing on a group, getting a kill or two, dying and getting another kill is such fun :D

The Oasis levels, it's the only one where I feel a bit iffy when it comes up. Other than that the iffy-ness only comes in if we have a dodgy team comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Junker town for me is a bad one. The start is just too open. If you are going to get spawn camped any where thats the place it will happen

If the attacking team are running cheesecomp, you're in for a bad day unless your team work together

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Can't f*cking win.

My teams just keep getting rolled.

And just as I got done complaining, the most magical thing happened:

Round 1 Defense, play Moira, get rolled. EZ, gg
    Round 1 Attack, pull up boots & pick Pharah. We get the point with some difficulty.
    Round 2 Attack, the Quake gods shine upon me. I stop missing critical shots. Their Mercy dies, a lot. We roll through.
    Round 2 Defense, our combined efforts stop them taking even point 1! actual GGs

Happened to me on both Voskaya & Horizon.

• Advertisement

I used to hate point #1 on Numbani as it used to be really hard to get a team not to walk up the main road to their doom and instead go for the high ground. The amount of Reinhardt's I've seen getting ground to dust by a Bastion there ;_;

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement