Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

fixxxer wrote: »
    I used to hate point #1 on Numbani as it used to be really hard to get a team not to walk up the main road to their doom and instead go for the high ground. The amount of Reinhardt's I've seen getting ground to dust by a Bastion there ;_;

This 1000 times. The amount of times as Rein I have set up on the high ground to create a hard point over looking the CP, only for people to start spamming the group up command at the entrance choke is nuts. I dont want line of sight on anyone or my shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I find it worse when people are trying to get the high ground but there's a junkrat spamming it. If people aren't on comms they just keep trying and trying

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

I had a good game with widow on Numbani Defending last week.

I went straight to the attacker spawn and took cover on the landing over the steps on the right of the attacker. I then once everyone, had cleared out advanced to the balcony, above the bus from there I got flanking fire on the attackers advancing up the main road. Was glorious. Till I got three zenyatta shards in the face

So yeah no one seems to want to check their corners, same on Hollywood.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's rare you will lose on numbani defence at gold level if you place the turret in the little room that faces back towards the payload I find.

I find putting it on the slope of the steps to the right of the payload works well. Seen it done in the World Cup, it wont fire much but you will get solid "sniper" kills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What's the story with skill rating and win/loss? It seems that the only thing that matters is whether the team wins or loses.....does it not take your performance into account at all? Weird system.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What's the story with skill rating and win/loss? It seems that the only thing that matters is whether the team wins or loses.....does it not take your performance into account at all? Weird system.

Your performance will affect how much SR you win or lose, so if get lots of gold medals and still lose you might only lose 20 sr or less same if you play crap but win you might gain less than 20 sr but if you cleaned up you could gain 30.

On average if you're consistently playing well you should climb eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Delta1138 wrote: »
    So yeah no one seems to want to check their corners, same on Hollywood.

I find a torb turret on the steps facing the choke on Hollywood is a great way to start for that reason. Everyone is facing the choke so you usually get 20/30% ult charge before it gets noticed and destroyed.

I find a torb turret on the steps facing the choke on Hollywood is a great way to start for that reason. Everyone is facing the choke so you usually get 20/30% ult charge before it gets noticed and destroyed.

I find that the steps to the right of the payload is a great place. You get flanking hits on people advancing through the basement and also any one advancing through the main street.

Delta1138 wrote: »
    I find that the steps to the right of the payload is a great place. You get flanking hits on people advancing through the basement and also any one advancing through the main street.

Yup, that's my second spot once the turret is found. Have it tilted so it presents less of a target.

Your performance will affect how much SR you win or lose, so if get lots of gold medals and still lose you might only lose 20 sr or less same if you play crap but win you might gain less than 20 sr but if you cleaned up you could gain 30.

I'm finding it really annoying, lost nearly every game though I think my performance is mostly decent, in the last game I played I got four golds and we just about lost a very close game, but my SR dropped by 50 all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If your diamond or above now it's done on W/L

Yup, that's my second spot once the turret is found. Have it tilted so it presents less of a target.

Great minds think South Korean ;)

At the moment it does take you performace into account but they are looking at scrapping that

You will always lose sr for losing and gain for winning though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

IvoryTower wrote: »
    At the moment it does take you performace into account but they are looking at scrapping that

You will always lose sr for losing and gain for winning though

It's your performance compared to people playing the same hero at your rank.

So 4 gold's as Moira for example, means nothing if your stats are still lower than the average gold Moira.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How do people still not look outside the door for a Junk trap or even just let a tank walk out first?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

J. Marston wrote:
    How do people still not look outside the door for a Junk trap or even just let a tank walk out first?

This.
    I honestly can't believe it at this stage.

I hope it keeps going. Almost always grab a genji or a tracer in a rush to get out the door and get a big chunk of ult charge in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    This.
    I honestly can't believe it at this stage.

I've seen people fall for this trick even when we see JR messing around and laying a trap-mine outside for over 10 seconds and then running off before the door opens.

If I'm Mercy, I don't even rez someone who gets caught with one. You deserve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

played a game where our mercy was honestly the worst i've ever played with, got valk 3 times....resd nobody with it

• Advertisement

played a game where our mercy was honestly the worst i've ever played with, got valk 3 times....resd nobody with it

Played a game yesterday that went so badly for our team I had gold elims.....with Mercy.

Played a game yesterday that went so badly for our team I had gold elims.....with Mercy.

I'd honestly prefer that! Also oddly impressed

Blizzarrd World map being released January 23rd. Hopefully all those sweet sweet new skins will drop at the same time too.

your team were probably wondering why their mercy was shooting rather than keeping them alive :)

Speaking of Battle Mercys, I killed a Tracer twice in a row that was harassing me last night.

I teabagged them the second time to really rub it in when Mercy herself put the cherry on top by saying her "Say aaaah" voiceline mid-teabag!

IvoryTower wrote: »
    your team were probably wondering why their mercy was shooting rather than keeping them alive :)

I knew someone was gonna say that! When I'm mercy I mostly wouldn't even bother drawing the pistol at all.

With Moira it's hard to resist over playing DPS sometimes but Mercy I pretty much forget she even has a weapon.

In this case everyone was trickling in one by one and getting slaughtered so it was very difficult to do much and out of frustration I had to get the pistol out at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

1000 its not an event skin

Full look...

1Azx8C9l.jpg

3 other skins kinda revealed by sprays...

D.Va
    Lucio
    Twat

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Full look...

1Azx8C9l.jpg

3 other skins kinda revealed by sprays...

D.Va
    Lucio
    Twat

Orissa has one as well. That pharrah one is apparently only an epic skin not legendary

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement