Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Have new computer on the way so looking forward to playing it at a higher frame rate. My current rig is over 6 years old with a gtx 690 or something ridiculous - still manage to pump out 45 frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Hurry up mercy nerf, even watching the streamers its frustratin. It's like, winning fight, winning fight, oh they valk'd, fight over, repeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sight808 wrote: »
    Have new computer on the way so looking forward to playing it at a higher frame rate. My current rig is over 6 years old with a gtx 690 or something ridiculous - still manage to pump out 45 frames.

I doubt it's a GTX690, otherwise you'd be playing at ultra @ 60fps pretty effortlessly! :)

Unless your PC was positively ancient, it should run at 60fps on any half decent card even from 2012 or so. Eg GTX670, HD7870 are from around that time and both still run it at about 1080p medium/60fps.

It's generally quite a hardware friendly game. I've a 2nd PC I built for €180 for a friend to use when he's over and it runs the game at 1080p mostly medium at 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Can confirm, I was using a GTX690 at ~70fps on High/Ultra

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I doubt it's a GTX690, otherwise you'd be playing at ultra @ 60fps pretty effortlessly! :)

Unless your PC was positively ancient, it should run at 60fps on any half decent card even from 2012 or so. Eg GTX670, HD7870 are from around that time and both still run it at about 1080p medium/60fps.

It's generally quite a hardware friendly game. I've a 2nd PC I built for €180 for a friend to use when he's over and it runs the game at 1080p mostly medium at 60fps.

Could've been a CPU bottleneck.

• Advertisement

I fat fingered that, it's a 660 and roll out 70 fps. And agreed it is pretty kind to older machines, reminds me of tf2 in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Back up to diamond with mercy. It was weird cause i played yesterday and lost 3 games so turned it off, went back on then very late and the games felt much easier. Possibly everyone was drunk, won about 6 in a row before having to sleep

Does anyone here play on both PC and console? Was reading a big thread on reddit yesterday where people who play both were saying it's way harder to climb silver/gold/diamond on PC compared to console....was an interesting read.

It wouldn't surprise me considering all the best players are going to play on pc, be in the real top 500 as such. Play against the streamers, even pros. I guess that trickles down then making each level harder than it would be on console.

Maybe there are more serious gamers on pc as well which wouldn't surprise me either. All my xbox friends are much more casual gamers than my pc gaming friends.

I play on xbox btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Does anyone here play on both PC and console? Was reading a big thread on reddit yesterday where people who play both were saying it's way harder to climb silver/gold/diamond on PC compared to console....was an interesting read.

Yeah I've found that, blitzed from 1700 to 2400 playing Winston and Zarya on PS4, been sitting 1600-1800 for ages on PC with the same mains

Apparently even the "top" console players are using M+K. There was a thread on Reddit yesterday where Kaplan was asking players not to report them as there is currently nothing they can do but they are "working on something."

Yeah right...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Check out @DallasFuel’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DallasFuel/status/954562635520978945?s=09

xQc banned again. He is a detestable person.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Check out @DallasFuel’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DallasFuel/status/954562635520978945?s=09

xQc banned again. He is a detestable person.

What did he do this time

What did he do this time

Homophobic remarks. His team lost and they interviewed an opposite team member (I think he's gay) xQc then made remarks about that player on stream.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResoluteSpeedyNuggetsCoolStoryBob?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

https://clips.twitch.tv/EasyTrappedOxDansGame?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

What did he do this time

From reading a Reddit thread...

A guy, who is openly gay, beat his team in the OWL and used xQc's "catchphrase" after the game.

xQc then said on his stream that he "He can go suck a big cóck but he'd probably like that."

The guy is just a toxic twat.

I don't know how people even listen to his stream tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I would absolutely believe the mouse and keyboard theory. Met more than a couple of Widows in the last week that seem to have strangly precise aim, when I see the kill cam the movement doesn't look controllery.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im not into the whole pro scene but via various gaming outlets the last day or so i can see this xQc seems like a prize twat of the highest order.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Dcully wrote:
    Im not into the whole pro scene but via various gaming outlets the last day or so i can see this xQc seems like a prize twat of the highest order.

The guy certainly has behavioural issues. I wonder if they thought they were getting some sort of Overwatch rainman.

Hes a good player and has a big following so closest thing to hiring a celeb you could get, probably on a lot of money

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Hes a good player and has a big following so closest thing to hiring a celeb you could get, probably on a lot of money

Every player in the OWL is on a minimum of a $50,000 a year contract.
    That doesn't include their housing and benefits or winning etc.
    They're also entitled to a guranteed percentage of their winning if I remember correctly,

I don't know about their twitch revenue etc, if it goes to the team or them.

In other news...the Koreans are stomping as usual.
    The top 3 teams at the mo have all gone 4-0.
    Suffice to say...all 3 teams are full of Korean players.

Reminds me of this video from years ago

More skins announced. Pick of the bunch are Reaper and Zen for me.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/955137932016287744?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

every skin is pretty amazing.

Reaper one is sweet. Looks like a legendary rather than epic.

New Widowmaker is very cool, very different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

New Widowmaker is very cool, very different.

Wait until the SJWs freak out about making her blonde and turning her into a bimbo or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement