Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Loving zen and lucio. Particularly zen at the moment. while its rare, if youre calling discords and the team are going for them its a glorious feeling, no wonder hes picked at the top level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Loving zen and lucio. Particularly zen at the moment. while its rare, if youre calling discords and the team are going for them its a glorious feeling, no wonder hes picked at the top level.

Get a good winston main to help.
    However it's quite hard to discord the right person when they're all grouped....also I hate not being able to discord and shoot at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven."

Much happier being DPS at 2800-2900 than standing around, stick in hand with Mercy at 3200.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

J. Marston wrote: »

Much happier being DPS at 2800-2900 than standing around, stick in hand with Mercy at 3200.

I'll fill as a heal if needed, in fact. I fill most games tbh.
    But I point out that I'm not playing Mercy
    Zen and Lucio can be a lot of fun although admittedly I forget about healing a lot with Zen because I'm spamming that right click into choke points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Zen and Lucio can be a lot of fun although admittedly I forget about healing a lot with Zen because I'm spamming that right click into choke points.

I fill too but there's no way in hell that I'm going to start playing Mercy. At least this way, people can see that I've never played her. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever played her ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I don't know why I play this game anymore, dropped 300 points tonight, not a single win. Every single game we had 4 dps, every single game.

Got my money's worth though.

SeantheMan wrote: »

Watching emongg play zen and hes the same. He puts the orb on someone whos going to get picks for the most part. He left it on dafran most of the time in the game i watched.

The biggest complaint about ranked aside from Mercy is the 3+ dps on every team. I can't say I really notice that myself for the most part but I think that because i flex the chances are my teams will be reasonably balanced. It's when you get a team without any flex players you're in trouble.

I think the only solution here is to have the clan system. I reckon most people wont even use it but at least the option will be there for those who want to guarantee a balanced team.

The clans could even be OWL team names for fun

I can't believe they haven't nerfed mercy yet, its so frustrating. You can pretty much pinpoint the moment you lost/won a game for your team when you play her, no character should be that powerful. Hurry up jeff

I can't believe they haven't nerfed mercy yet, its so frustrating. You can pretty much pinpoint the moment you lost/won a game for your team when you play her, no character should be that powerful. Hurry up jeff

Compare her ult with the other healing ults.

Lucio: 6 seconds of a rapidly decreasing 500 shield.

Zenyatta: A great ult. High mobility, lots of healing and can totally counter Graviton but 6 seconds.

Moira: Does a lot of healing but possibly to only one target and you have to aim, somewhat. Also, 8 seconds.

Mercy: Super high aerial mobility. Chained healing, two rezzes if you have them saved and 20 fúcking seconds long.

Blizzard cannot balance.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

the 20 seconds is a joke alright, if I hear the voice line I just hold off because I know there's no point engaging the other team while she's ulting.

At this point I wonder what the test servers are there for as when they tried to fix her by reworking the ult and making res an ability they pretty much broke the game and this was apparent on the test server at the time but it still got rolled out. The delay on res was a slight improvement but not really enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Compare her ult with the other healing ults.

Lucio: 6 seconds of a rapidly decreasing 500 shield.

Zenyatta: A great ult. High mobility, lots of healing and can totally counter Graviton but 6 seconds.

Moira: Does a lot of healing but possibly to only one target and you have to aim, somewhat. Also, 8 seconds.

Mercy: Super high aerial mobility. Chained healing, two rezzes if you have them saved and 20 fúcking seconds long.

Blizzard cannot balance.

You can't compare Ults alone though, when you view each healer's kit on the whole they all outclass Mercy in other areas.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    You can't compare Ults alone though, when you view each healer's kit on the whole they all outclass Mercy in other areas.

Ult aside she's still the best healer tbf. She'll still be the most picked post nerf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Ult aside she's still the best healer tbf. She'll still be the most picked post nerf

she wont lucio and zen moira will be better

she wont lucio and zen moira will be better

I dont think so. Once the Rez is there I think she'll be the most powerful. We'll revisit this in a few weeks if they every upload the bloody nerf

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Yea, I'd agree with Mercy still being the best healer, she's the most mobile out of all the healers and can get anywhere on the map even with the nerfs, but at least she won't be "if we dont pick mercy we loose" type situation.

Sight808 wrote: »
    Yea, I'd agree with Mercy still being the best healer, she's the most mobile out of all the healers and can get anywhere on the map even with the nerfs, but at least she won't be "if we dont pick mercy we loose" type situation.

Yep thats it, I like playing mercy, but I also want to play the other support. I've enough messages in my inbox saying "ply mercy plz"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lucio is more mobile. If you've no one to fly to as Mercy you are fecked.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Lucio is more mobile. If you've no one to fly to as Mercy you are fecked.

Oh yea defo but I meant in terms of her healing output and getting to a phara, flying dva.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I kind of feel Ana should have more mobility to make her viable, she really should have a grapple like widow or something. She's the most satisfying healer to play imo but you really are fecked if your team don't protect you unless you're pulling off hollywood sleep darts for fun.

• Advertisement

Oh yea defo but I meant in terms of her healing output and getting to a phara, flying dva.

I think Zen is better for Pharah let Mercy focus the tanks.

yep ana needs a buff, she's so much fun to play

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I kind of feel Ana should have more mobility to make her viable, she really should have a grapple like widow or something. She's the most satisfying healer to play imo but you really are fecked if your team don't protect you unless you're pulling off hollywood sleep darts for fun.

HOW DID SHE GET TO THE TOP OF ANUBIS

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

What would everyones ideal next hero be?

..the grappling hook ana!

Delta1138 wrote: »
    What would everyones ideal next hero be?

Probably another Tank, maybe a support hybrid. Someone who can provide passive buffs to the the team.

Something that is anti cheese

What about a healer that punches their team mates to heal them. Call them Boonfist.
    Maybe a hero that punches people on the ass to make them run faster. They could call them Zoomfist.

I'll just repost the above. Either would be fine.

A hero that fires angel-seeking missiles and blades that cut wings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

A hero that fires angel-seeking missiles and blades that cut wings.

That's quite dark.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement