Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Grayditch wrote: »
    How am I not bored of this game?!
    Blizzard.

I suck at MOBAs for example but even I can get a game on in HoS and enjoy it; it's the Blizzard polish of game play and ease in getting into games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Change your region to KR for an hour, I'm sure you'll find one or 2 you'll miss...your ping won't help either :P

Funnily enough, I'm almost certain a few Korean players were in my games last night.

...they were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I honestly tried changing regions for a bit. I found the level went down, but also my playing went down...dunno if it was ping or what. Some of the killcams when I died...I would be shooting at nothing...but according to blogs and vids from the devs explaining their hit system...I don't think it should have been like that.

The majority of Koreans play in internet cafes, where they all sit beside each other and communicate...or scream at each other.
    They don't have sports or social clubs like we do, most young guys childhoods consist of study and PC Bang (PC Gaming Cafe)

Also, I've been looking for an explanation of the PLAYER ICONs, but can't find a detailed list anywhere. I recognize a lot of the characters and symbols...but I'd like to know the names etc of the ones I don't.
    E.G. there is one with a Purple background...and a set of Blonde hair....turns out...it's Jaina Proudmore from Warcraft 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I can't connect to play. What's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

_Redzer_ wrote: »

Do you get a message or is it just failing to find a match?

The latter is happening for me.

edit: Seems fine now

_Redzer_ wrote: »

Did you let the game update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

It took ages but finally connected. Not sure what happened, but seems fine now.

My new issue is I've just started and don't know what's going on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone having issues on Ps4? Can't get past the title screen. Keeps saying 'DISCONNECTED FROM BATTLE.NET'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Just got in after trying multiple times!

• Advertisement

I didn't realise you can join the PTR on PC. They have the competitive mode live on it. Its great. Maybe its my imagination but there is definitely a sense of people fcuking around less. People almost always sync their ultimates. Very hard to defend against sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I didn't realise you can join the PTR on PC. They have the competitive mode live on it. Its great. Maybe its my imagination but there is definitely a sense of people fcuking around less. People almost always sync their ultimates. Very hard to defend against sometimes.

To be honest that is the same in like every game that has a design for being a competitive game. I remember when LoL first came out, there was only casual play and it was the same thing. Ranked came along, and so did tactics, strategy and "the meta"

I expect Overwatch will have the same. What I like about Overwatch is how they are managing kills. While you are just getting SOME damage onto someone, if they die the game feeds you information that YOU killed someone. Even though the bulk of the work was done by someone else. I think that will go to massage a lot of ego in the competitive scene, and push the focus onto objectives.

Neverminding the fact most MVP votes go to healers in this game from my experience with DPS stuff totally ignored :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Trying to perfect that concussion blast. Sending a Reaper down the well during his ultimate made me feel good for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I like that you included the one where the Roadhog just walks into the well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Some guy spawned into the enemy base!

https://gfycat.com/WellinformedCleanCatfish

via Reddit

tok9 wrote: »
    I like that you included the one where the Roadhog just walks into the well :P

There was a pulse before, believe that.

Some guy spawned into the enemy base!

https://gfycat.com/WellinformedCleanCatfish

via Reddit

That's bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A valiant effort.

Torbs turrets getting a 30% damage nerf on consoles. Personally I think that should only apply on unranked when more than one is chosen.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If there any way to save your highlights or Play of the Games?

• Advertisement

It's not Torbjorn's damage that needs a nerf, it's this kind of lock-on, range and accuracy...

The range is further than that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

30% is too much, as mentioned I think reducing its range would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's not Torbjorn's damage that needs a nerf, it's this kind of lock-on, range and accuracy...

The range is further than that too.

The Tracer in the vid had 24hp, why engage?? :confused:

I honestly dont see what people are moaning about, the turret dies really quick, most classes can just tank it while shooting at it. Pharoh two hits it and nukes the dwarf healing it too. Just just gotta pick the classes to counter it and use the right tactic, not a tracer at long range :D

One turret is grand. Nerfing that could be a big mistake. Multiple turrets is the only real issue.

nix wrote: »
    The Tracer in the vid had 24hp, why engage?? :confused:

I honestly dont see what people are moaning about, the turret dies really quick, most classes can just tank it while shooting at it. Pharoh two hits it and nukes the dwarf healing it too. Just just gotta pick the classes to counter it and use the right tactic, not a tracer at long range :D

Because I was curious about its range, wanted to see if it could get me from miles away through that little slit between the pillars.

I didn't know which thread to put this in, so here.

https://twitter.com/jenjenjenrose/status/746462826395369472

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

This makes many men into paedo's :P

Check out this guys vid on Hanamura, also he has some interesting spots (with the assistance of Mei ! :D )
    He also shows the turrets range for each position, to give you an idea.

I do not understand that picture.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I do not understand that picture.

Judging by the Overwatch Reddit, 76 and Mercy are married and D.Va is their spoilt child who chugs Mountain Dew and munches Doritos. 'Tis very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

nix wrote: »
    What determines the champion pool in comp play? do you have to play them for a certain amount of time or something?

No parameters or restrictions I believe. But I guess coming from a history of league of legends and some other stuff, I'm treating this in the same way, by having a pool of champions I feel comfortable and strong on. Especially for the early stages where I'll probably have the mentality I'll need to carry every game.

I'm taking a lot of stuff I learned from LoL and going to put them into practice into this ranked mode straight off the bat. Not getting angry, assume team mates are dog ****, try carry the game solo etc. etc.

But a big part of that will be having a strong and experienced champ pool to select from. That doesn't mean knowing how to play LOADs of characters, I'm going with being "good" on a small number.

- Reaper
    - Solider 76
    - McCree (dropped down since nerfs)
    - Genji

That is how my pool looks at the moment, from what I'm strongest on, to weakest. I'm putting hours into Genji at the moment as I think he has some really good niches. But I think his skillcap might be too much to warrant the time investment in terms of having him being useful on multiple maps or scenarios. For what is essentially a close quarters champion, he is actually pretty piss poor close quarters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement