Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Actually maybe a hero that could slow poison hero's. Could also have an ability that slowed targets down and maybe like a poison puddle you could drop on the ground behind you if your been chased.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

fixxxer wrote: »
    That's quite dark.

Just the tip of the iceberg in my No Mercy Manifesto!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Actually maybe a hero that could slow poison hero's. Could also have an ability that slowed targets down and maybe like a poison puddle you could drop on the ground behind you if your been chased.

A reverse Lucio, kind of like splatoon, fires out a puddle/bubble anyone in it is slowed down

A reverse Lucio, kind of like splatoon, fires out a puddle/bubble anyone in it is slowed down

That's what I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

emmetkenny wrote:

That's a great idea Emmet! Take the wind out on Lucio's, Tracer's, and Genji's sails.

• Advertisement

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    That's a great idea Emmet! Take the wind out on Lucio's, Tracer's, and Genji's sails.

Poor old Hog would be screwed if you managed to blob him, he's slow enough as is :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I think we need a working defensive hero; for example let the hero be a aura hero that slows people down or alternatively deal AoE damage. Second ability is not amp it up but rather increasing field size by 100% for 2s on same cycle as Amp it Up. Have as heroic ability phase out; used on friendly or enemy hero and said hero will not be able to move or do anything for 2s and after it wears off they take no damage for 2s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mystery 2.30 update is live

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Whats that

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Surely thats the mercy nerf?

• Advertisement

Yup, just tried it in training. No more super fast rez, shorter Valkyrie.

Great stuff

4K update for Xbox One X aswell.

Full details here.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760958193

emmetkenny wrote:
    4K update for Xbox One X aswell.

Have you had a goosey yet, Emmet? I won't be home for an hour...

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Have you had a goosey yet, Emmet? I won't be home for an hour...

No to lazy to go upstairs :pac:

Ha! Had a look. Seems a bit smoother round the edges, but I could just be imagining it. Nothing striking.

Played one game. Lost.

Back to Bloodborne...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Overwatch doesn't strike me as the type of the game that would really benefit from big graphical upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Mercy nerf is nice. She's still a good healer but the lack of rez mobility will do a lot to stop her being so annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

J. Marston wrote: »
    Overwatch doesn't strike me as the type of the game that would really benefit from big graphical upgrades.

Well.....it's a prettier game than it gets credit for, and it looks great at 4K/60 in fairness.

Played a few games with mercy, think i won 2 Lost 2, there were a few moments where the lack of instant rez made a huge difference, like at the end of route 66 the defending team would have won had I been able to get off 2 instant rez but because I couldnt I was just flying about healing the remaining team mates before their inevitable death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Still haven't played blizzard world :(

Played it once,my firdt rabked game when it went live. Havent seen it since so i assume that was a mistake!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've only played it in arcade but it seems a bit too busy visually to me.

I really like it. It has sections that suit a wide range of hero's. My god though I find that last point hard to hold on defense.

Played a couple more mercy games this morning. Very easy to die when you valk, using it to escape a situation usually means you just die and lose valk. Have to play it safe, im popping valk early and often at the moment to help swing fights as much as possible. For once the other support ults pretty much cancel it out. Pretty much have to hide while valking if theres a mccreee/soldier, they'd kill you now without their ult

Weird situation on PSN last night. Our 5 stack came up against another 5 stack that was all silver. Holy **** these guys were not silver though. The Tracer, Widow and Reinhardt especially were way above that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Played a couple more mercy games this morning. Very easy to die when you valk, using it to escape a situation usually means you just die and lose valk. Have to play it safe, im popping valk early and often at the moment to help swing fights as much as possible. For once the other support ults pretty much cancel it out. Pretty much have to hide while valking if theres a mccreee/soldier, they'd kill you now without their ult

How many games do you manage to get in during the morning IT? Can;t remember if you are pc or console.

Sight808 wrote: »
    How many games do you manage to get in during the morning IT? Can;t remember if you are pc or console.

Im on Xbox, it depends how early i wake. Like I was up at 7 this morning and my son doesn't wake until about 8 so got couple of games in. I'm usually on most evenings but a bit less at the moment while i try to sleep more for my other hobby(athletics!)

How many here play on Xbox. I wonder would it be worth starting a thread in the Xbox Forum to get a list of GamerTags?

• Advertisement

Myself(gunnerdrog) and Adventagious play together sometimes, I added a few more people off here I think, cant remember the gamertags though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement