Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How many here play on Xbox. I wonder would it be worth starting a thread in the Xbox Forum to get a list of GamerTags?

Am xbox, I dont use chat tho ... i dont really like being told am terrible while going 28 and 0 as genji. Common sense is lacking in qp.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

IvoryTower wrote:
    Myself(gunnerdrog) and Adventagious play together sometimes, I added a few more people off here I think, cant remember the gamertags though

I've added you there man (DeathByDrummo)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

fixxxer wrote: »
    Weird situation on PSN last night. Our 5 stack came up against another 5 stack that was all silver. Holy **** these guys were not silver though. The Tracer, Widow and Reinhardt especially were way above that level.

It was f**kin horrible. Like we are quite a good team but we were well schooled last night. My SR took a wallop (-82), we need to get redemption tonight. I am putting last night down as a glitch in the Matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It was f**kin horrible. Like we are quite a good team but we were well schooled last night. My SR took a wallop (-82), we need to get redemption tonight. I am putting last night down as a glitch in the Matrix.

You have my shield. Think if we do another few games I'll stick to either Tank or healer just to make things easier for setting up team comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

fixxxer wrote:
    Weird situation on PSN last night. Our 5 stack came up against another 5 stack that was all silver. Holy **** these guys were not silver though. The Tracer, Widow and Reinhardt especially were way above that level.

The widow on their team had a total playtime of 2 hours widow out of a 309 hours overwatch played.

Was hitting headshots for fun, my favourite was she seen me up top soldier, zips up towards me as I jump down and quick scopes a head shot while we are both in the air moving in different directions.

Tracer was even worse 70 kills in the 2nd game and was unkillable her skill was so above us.

Horrible experience as we got matched against them 3 games in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

smurfs eh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

IvoryTower wrote:
    smurfs eh

Don't think so, they tracer was bronze seasons 3-6 and silver every season since.

Most likely they had paid a booster to play on their accounts, more or less same story with the widow and rein.

I know it sounds salty like oh they beat us must be cheating.

But the widow and tracer where many many levels above us. Tracer was throwing out voice lines and waving in the middle of fights and still killing while being against two of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Sounds like a scam alright, I've never come across a smurf yet, or at least I don't think I have. Usually get the "this is my alt account" ..."I'm GM genji.." etc.. always lies

I have alt accounts but wouldnt really class them as smurfs cause theyre all within 500 sr of each other

We come across what i would call smurfs all the time when playing in 4+ stacks, basically high level players who want to play with their mates so either set up a smurf or lower their level to play with them. Usually you're getting wrecked by a silver widow/genji/tracer and its clear as day that they're not really silver level. I dont get them when i play solo cause these account would only be for teaming up with mates (from what i can see)

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I have alt accounts but wouldnt really class them as smurfs cause theyre all within 500 sr of each other

We come across what i would call smurfs all the time when playing in 4+ stacks, basically high level players who want to play with their mates so either set up a smurf or lower their level to play with them. Usually you're getting wrecked by a silver widow/genji/tracer and its clear as day that they're not really silver level. I dont get them when i play solo cause these account would only be for teaming up with mates (from what i can see)

yea that's true, I SQ as I'm either too high/low SR for other people so stuck on my own, which is both a blessing and curse tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

People use them to play with their friends for the most part I think.

Does anyone here play on 'Americas' servers ?

I sometimes do, but find that 60-70% of the people are from Thailand or Singapore (ping of 94ms), and the server is in fact in Singapore and not mainland US.
    These days it's rare that I get connected to a US server.

If I choose Asia, I get KR of course (ping of 4ms).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

SeantheMan wrote: »
    People use them to play with their friends for the most part I think.

Does anyone here play on 'Americas' servers ?

I sometimes do, but find that 60-70% of the people are from Thailand or Singapore (ping of 94ms), and the server is in fact in Singapore and not mainland US.
    These days it's rare that I get connected to a US server.

If I choose Asia, I get KR of course (ping of 4ms).

Yeah but I get Aus servers with only Australian people although I would say you do get Chinese/Korean names at times but they often speak english and I've never actually bothered to check if they're in Korea or just Koreans in Australia..

I guess for you they put you to the nearest server in that grouping.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Game is ****ed atm. Don't play comp

People are having HUDs and most indicators vanish for them mid-game. Just played a match and could not see what I was doing.

Happened for another party member earlier too in QP

Yeah but I get Aus servers with only Australian people although I would say you do get Chinese/Korean names at times but they often speak english and I've never actually bothered to check if they're in Korea or just Koreans in Australia..

I guess for you they put you to the nearest server in that grouping.

What's your ID on PC ?
    Do we have a thread where we all entered them or are they scattered here somewhere ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Most people here seem to play console. I'm a PC player though. Only really play QP and Arcade (mystery heroes), only have a few comp games played and currently silver, and not all that bothered about it/getting it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

J. Marston wrote: »
    Overwatch doesn't strike me as the type of the game that would really benefit from big graphical upgrades.
    It's an absolutely gorgeous game as it stands.

Had a better look at the One X enhancements last night.
    Things are definitely smoother.
    One example of something that really stood out was the textures on the payload on Hollywood.
    No longer a mat black. A shiny surface with a dynamic reflection on the windows. I'm sure there's plenty of other little things elsewhere.
    Small differences, but differences all the same.

Now, maybe it's always been like that, I could be wrong; I've never really paid attention...but I passed the car last night and took a double take - "that looks different".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Year of the dog lunar event coming next week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Most people here seem to play console. I'm a PC player though. Only really play QP and Arcade (mystery heroes), only have a few comp games played and currently silver, and not all that bothered about it/getting it up!

I find the game to play dramatically different on console, its painfully slow compared to PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Year of the dog lunar event coming next week

Announcement video was sparse. I wonder if they'll make a big deal of it like they did the Rooster event or if it will just be old stuff again.

Dcully wrote: »
    I find the game to play dramatically different on console, its painfully slow compared to PC.

Yeah, I mentioned a few pages back there was a huge discussion on Reddit about people who play both, and they said it was way faster paced/lot more difficult to rank up on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah, I mentioned a few pages back there was a huge discussion on Reddit about people who play both, and they said it was way faster paced/lot more difficult to rank up on PC.

I only play quickplay these days as the community is toxic AF so ive no interest im competitive anymore.
    I did manage to nudge into Diamond for one of the seasons but usually hover around high platinum.
    My young lad used to play a lot on console and pc before he got addicted to fortnite and he was easily in master on console where as on pc he was similar to myself and stayed around platinum.
    Vastly different game on PC.

I actually don't notice toxic people at all anymore. I haven't noticed anything in weeks anyway, the odd person getting triggered when we're getting hammered maybe, thats about it. Not that many people on comms on xbox so I probably just cant hear it!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No text chat on xbox, makes a big difference.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No text chat on xbox, makes a big difference.

This. I actually don't hear much verbal crap on PC, most of it is actually typed, even in comp. I find it incredible that people manage to get so worked up over so little.

Some of the recent gems from the loosing side:

(POTG as McCree) "McRightclick noob faggit"
    (POTG as Soldier) "Aimbot, wow, great skillz"
    (POTG as Bastion) "Try playing a character that actually requires skill"
    (POTG as Moirah) "Wow, so good at right clicking, noob"

The McCree one still makes me laugh though, definitely my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There is no elo hell, its all hell

couldnt have put it better!

I've been playing sombra an awful lot. Really enjoying it, team goes nuts in spawn. Once they realise I'm not throwing it's fine but a few would just pick torb/sym on attack if I didn't switch.

I dont like to see sombra really myself but would just get on with it. If she's not talking its kinda like, whats the point. When i play mercy i often forget not to heal her, its hard to know if i should or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What's your ID on PC ?
    Do we have a thread where we all entered them or are they scattered here somewhere ?

Hope I don't come across as rude but I mostly prefer solo play.

• Advertisement

Seoul vs Houston game today was awesome!!
    Do none of you watch the Owl?.. It's really very good. A lot to learn too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement