Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Seoul vs Houston game today was awesome!!
    Do none of you watch the Owl?.. It's really very good. A lot to learn too

I tend to watch the games that people recommend, will give that one a go so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Seoul vs Houston game today was awesome!!
    Do none of you watch the Owl?.. It's really very good. A lot to learn too

I just watch the Spitfire games, they steamrolled Seoul yesterday

Love watching Gesture on Winston

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Dynasty seem to be too passive on engagements, it's how they seem to be getting recked. Overwatch is having a bad time atm I feel that ranked play in general isn't fun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Stacking seems to be the way to go. We've had a 4/5 stack going again recently on PS4 and it's been great. Actual tactics and calling and switching characters, the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Dynasty seem to be too passive on engagements, it's how they seem to be getting recked. Overwatch is having a bad time atm I feel that ranked play in general isn't fun

Come to the land of Mystery Heroes, where it's all fun all the time!*

Unless you keep getting Doomfist and are garbage at him.

• Advertisement

Come to the land of Mystery Heroes, where it's all fun all the time!*

Unless you keep getting Doomfist and are garbage at him.

Ah I'd play a bit of mystery hero's still **** at hanzo happily!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Came across first hacker I've seen in OW (well blatant hacking).. gold widow hitting 65% acc based on the card at the end... ridiculous carry on.

Sight808 wrote: »
    Came across first hacker I've seen in OW (well blatant hacking).. gold widow hitting 65% acc based on the card at the end... ridiculous carry on.

might just be a smurf

might just be a smurf

no his aim was all shakey on the killcam, and over 60% is kind of unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

Year of the dog lunar event coming next week

I keep thinking about Deadpool wen I hear that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I don't know what happened, I went from WLWLWLWL for ages to a 4 game loss streak, kicked off by a DC :(

Won 6 on the bounce since, up 172SR, almost 29 a game, no idea what is happening

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I don't know what happened, I went from WLWLWLWL for ages to a 4 game loss streak, kicked off by a DC :(

Won 6 on the bounce since, up 172SR, almost 29 a game, no idea what is happening

I just kinda gave up on Comp since it's just impossible without comms.

6 new skins and a new map in the update tomorrow!

Edit: new map is CTF only :-/

But there will be a four week competitive CTF season :D

https://youtu.be/B9nVxg3DqAM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Was watching xqc stream last night, he loaded up the device update video.

Was hilarious he got so excited for new map and removal of draws especially, only for the low of realising it was ctf mode lol.

Personally its underwhelming ctf in overwatch is ****e, i don't see myself even playing a round of it, this event.

Was hilarious he got so excited for new map and removal of draws especially, only for the low of realising it was ctf mode lol.

Personally its underwhelming ctf in overwatch is ****e, i don't see myself even playing a round of it, this event.

It could be a bit of fun between comp games, especially now that they've actually taken the time to balance game breaking abilities a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No way I would pay the €180-200 for the official Blizzard statues but I bought quite a lot of the Chinese clones for the laugh, they're about €40 each and so far none where hit for customs.

The ones that are direct mould copies of the Blizzard models are quite good all things considered - Soldier 76, Reaper, Widowmaker, Tracer, Genji.

Where it gets interesting is the characters where there are no Blizzard models....which makes you wonder where the moulds came from or who designed them. These vary wildly in quality - Parah is pretty crap, Junkrat even worse, Mercy isn't bad (but needed some work out of the box - namely for a crazy pencil thin neck), Lucio and McCree are 50/50 (decent models, badly painted/detailed faces).

There's a DVA available (€80-90 for Chinese version vs €450 for the official) but I can't seem to get it...not based on the official though, another custom model. Ordered it about 5 different times and keeps getting cancelled and refunded for various reasons...out of stock...factory faults....batch confiscated even!

I plan touching up a few of them with model paints to bring them closer to the Blizzard versions. So far the only sort of irredeemably bad ones are Parah (tiny head, helmet proportions wrong and design too pointy) and Junkrat (model OK, face totally wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

(tiny head, helmet proportions wrong and design too pointy)

THANK YOU!

Pharah has been claiming this is a problem with me for far too long, glad to have it acknowledged as a her problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

jcd5971 wrote: »

Why ? Dude is a d1ckhead.

Off today so spent a few hours this morning playing some games, slipped into gold as my dps isn't that good and I want to get better (refuse to get another copy of the game). Honestly, the most toxic stuff I've seen in a long time, had some russian lad pick torb because I went Sombra on KOTH. Lost first round, he went full try hard round 2, we won and then he threw round 3.. he basically played well so he could throw and waste our time. One of many examples of people just throwing wildly for no reason. Not sure if it was the time of day, or if it was because I'm much lower SR than usual. I'm starting to prefer watching streamers play the game rather than go through it myself these days.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote:
    Why ? Dude is a d1ckhead.

Meh opinions.

I like him entertaining streams, good craic in the chat, and he plays characters I like.

To be honest I couldn't be bothered watching the Koreans even though they are great players as I don't understand the language, and some of the English speaking streamers even owl players are as engaging as a block of cement.

Xqc bit of a douche but he is entertaining, i can only manage a few min of him. Emongg is great easily my fave, both in humour and to learn from. I like watching some dafran, harbleu and aimbotcalvin as well in little bits

Hows everyone feeling post mercy nerf? My rank has dropped out of diamond, was 2950 there and disconnected, so 2900, still though, it feels much better. It wouldn't surprise me if she actually got a slight buff at some stage but id say theyll let the dust settle for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Hows everyone feeling post mercy nerf? My rank has dropped out of diamond, was 2950 there and disconnected, so 2900, still though, it feels much better. It wouldn't surprise me if she actually got a slight buff at some stage but id say theyll let the dust settle for a while

She's fine as she is. Mercy players won't suffer due to the Res nerf, the DPS/Tank will be punished for overextending and dying in silly positions.

I played her a bit over the last three days and had very few revives because I wasn't risking myself for some Muppet who tried to 1v3 constantly. My healing was still over 10k in most games though.

IvoryTower wrote:
    Xqc bit of a douche but he is entertaining, i can only manage a few min of him. Emongg is great easily my fave, both in humour and to learn from. I like watching some dafran, harbleu and aimbotcalvin as well in little bits

Funny you mention emongg and darfan they were queuing with xqc last few days some combo of players.

Xqc does go too far at times, but man do they bait him, stream kept posting clips and telling him in donations that another top player "jake " is talking about him. After at least 15 mins of prompting he views the clip and jake is talking about how everyone hates xqc he's a bad person and how he must be sad and hate himself, then goes I feel bad for him.

Real holier than thou crap.
    Eventually someone in voice comms starts poking xqc about these comments while throwing the game.
    After getting same player again 2nd game in row he finally goes on a rant.

Low and behold next day reddit is all xqc goes toxic again.

I was in that stream and it took over 40 mins of baiting till he finally lost it.

I'm not saying the guy is an angel, far from it but I would be twice as bad if I was him.

Started playing tanks last few days, as its the only role I haven't any practice with so I can fill around my team in comp.

Man roadhog is some weapon.
    My only fear is reaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That new CTF map is quite good. Gets nice and frantic when it goes to sudden death.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

New patch has added some odd bugs.

Sombra no longer gets ult charge from hacked health packs and Mei floats while in her ice block.

IvoryTower wrote: »

dafran was probably the best soldier in the world, definately best non korean player, now he is a streamer he is excellent love his stuff

• Advertisement

Defensive Roadhog is so much fun in CTF. See them making a break for is and just reeeeeeeeeel them back in with a hook.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement