Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

The changes to CTF definitely improve it - i'm still not sure if i enjoy it as a game mode but it's certainly a lot better!

Also changing skins pre-round is my favourite quality of life improvement so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://youtu.be/C1o0tvaPqyg

Suns up Competitive perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Still haven't gotten a game of comp in Blizzard World.

Praying I never do because after playing it a handful of times in arcade after it released, I hate it. Too busy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

J. Marston wrote: »

Praying I never do because after playing it a handful of times in arcade after it released, I hate it. Too busy.

Is it actually in comp yet? I've been playing loads and not seen it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it actually in comp yet? I've been playing loads and not seen it yet.

Weirdly enough when it was released(im on xbox) it was the first game that came up in comp for me but then i never saw it again, must have been a mistake. Havent played it since and have play tons of comp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

J. Marston wrote: »

It's not in comp this season.
    Not being implemented until next season.

Some of the new skins.....want so badly. But 3000 coins....You could buy 20e of lootboxes and not even get 1000 coins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

They say they changed the lootbox algorithm but even with all the new stuff added this year and the Year of the Dog stuff I'm still getting four duplicates nearly every loot box. I think I have two skins from this event so far, and the Mc Cree highlight reel. Very frustrating and it means I'm not going to spend money on lootboxes as its just going to mean more duplicates.

fixxxer wrote: »
    They say they changed the lootbox algorithm but even with all the new stuff added this year and the Year of the Dog stuff I'm still getting four duplicates nearly every loot box. I think I have two skins from this event so far, and the Mc Cree highlight reel. Very frustrating and it means I'm not going to spend money on lootboxes as its just going to mean more duplicates.

I thought you can't get duplicates anymore?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No don't think there's duplicates anymore. Not seen one in over 100 hours of game play I'd say.

Well I'm getting four every loot box, so there sure is duplicates still.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got the Pharah new skin in a loot box last night, probably the first time since I started playing I got something 'valuable'!

fixxxer wrote: »
    Well I'm getting four every loot box, so there sure is duplicates still.

How do you know they're duplicates?

They have a little gold badge underneath them that says DUPLICATE, so that's the main clue. They also give you Overwatch dollars back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No don't think there's duplicates anymore. Not seen one in over 100 hours of game play I'd say.

You do still get them, but they're pretty rare these days, haven't seen more than 2 or 3 since the patch

Sounds like you're just an anomaly fixxer tbh, I'd just report it

You must have most of the items unlocked already. Either that or you've some messed up bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I thought they greatly reduced the chances of getting duplicates, but you can still get them. Just unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

The duplicates thing definitely evens out depending on how much you play (and how many loot boxes you've bought).

Every loot box i open, even Lunar ones, is about 80% duplicates - but i'm ok with that. When i look at the Hero profile i definitely have the majority of unlocks for most characters.

I've played several hundred hours and on top of that i buy a few loot boxes every single event because i'm an idiot.

The duplicates thing definitely evens out depending on how much you play (and how many loot boxes you've bought).

Every loot box i open, even Lunar ones, is about 80% duplicates - but i'm ok with that. When i look at the Hero profile i definitely have the majority of unlocks for most characters.

I've played several hundred hours and on top of that i buy a few loot boxes every single event because i'm an idiot.

Plus with event loot boxes you're more likely to get dupes as at least one item has to be an event item, so if you already have some of the event items it's a smaller pool to be randomised.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

This game sometimes...

Attack Zarya, Genji has asked for GravBlade, sound. I spend 10 secs mashing Z while he does the same, pop Grav, catch 5, "Zarya you dumb bitch why you ult?"

Next game, other team spend the whole game complaining about their 10yo, bitch, scrub thrower Genji, end of match he gets a card for 3 Gold... What can ya do?

Some russian guy started screaming into the mic, genuinely just shrieking for a lot of a full round there now... Went up 32 though so I think it was a good win

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm sitting around 60+ unlocks on most characters and I still collect new items in most lootboxes; I do usually get 3+ items from the event due to having most common once though as I stopped buying boxes a few events back as I'm sitting on over 16k silver to buy what ever skins I need in every event (and collect it back up in cash drops etc.).

• Advertisement

I have probably 60 plus unlocks on each character too. My issue was that despite new content being available, I still seem to be getting doubles of old stuff. The only new skin I have from the Blizzard world update is the Roadhog one I bought with game coins. maybe I should send Blizzard a query.

Mei getting a slight nerf, Sombra getting a big buff and Hanzo to lose scatter arrow.

https://youtu.be/rDbkDWsyguU

No point playing Lucio if the enemy team has a Sombra anymore. Her hack stops your healing/speed completely and stops your Wall Run.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Mei getting a slight nerf, Sombra getting a big buff and Hanzo to lose scatter arrow.
    What Mei nerf? She gets 2 more shots and 50% increase on freeze duration. Sombra is not a big buff as she loses the hack of health pack bonus to her special ability but it is a buff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Mein is fully a buff. Her slow lasts 50% longer and freeze too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

New Sombra is going to be fun to play. Going to be tough to unlearn the habits of her current playstyle though.

Nody wrote: »
    What Mei nerf?

In fairness I think Jeff misspoke a bit at one point and said Mei's freeze would take longer as opposed to lasting longer.

Nody wrote: »
    What Mei nerf? She gets 2 more shots and 50% increase on freeze duration. Sombra is not a big buff as she loses the hack of health pack bonus to her special ability but it is a buff.

Is it not an increase in time to freeze?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think Sombra needed it but I thought Mei and Hanzo were more or less fine as they are. Scatter arrow is a fairly big loss.

Scatter arrow is a fairly big loss.

I for one, welcome its demise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

wahey bye bye scatter arrow!

I have always hated playing with and as sombra but watching dafran play him lately and it looks amazing fun(if youre good with her)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement