Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

IvoryTower wrote: »
    sorry, what are competitive points?

Used to buy Golden Guns, you get 12 for a win a 3 for a draw iirc, and then bonus ones at the end of a season depending on your highest rank

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Competitive points are based on your season high as opposed to where you end up
    Oh are they? I didn't know that, thanks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I do tend to switch account when its going bad, Ive gone on the odd awful run where i regret not switching, its usually when i feel like im playing well but still losing. IF i log in like this morning and its a ****show ill switch off

We have a few xboxers her if you want to add

gunnerdrog (im also healmepeter)
    deathbydrummo
    adventagious (usually found in the arcade :) )

If anyone else can add to the list let me know, im going to try and squad up more for the laugh. I have a good crew of friends that play but they're looking for the chicken dinner at the moment in pugb

My GT is Big In Korea. My alt account is prettypup92889 or something liek that, unfortunately Xbox did not take kindly to the gamertag BUTTPLUG WIZARD and forcibly changed it :/
    Strange strange season for me. Swinging between low and high silver the entire time. I think this is me now for my Overwatch career. Silver is my home now and I need to get right with this. I'll settle here...maybe get a quite cottage to live out the rest of my days with a dog and a white pickett fence. All the while wondering if my gold ranked neighbors grass is greener.

So far I will be finishing season 26 wins, 26 losses and 1 draw.

If you are any good at FPS, just one trick your way into gold with Reaper etc, when i first went Diamond I one-tricked Reaper all the way there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Made it back to diamond, pretty much a moira main now, rip mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Slog worth it back to diamond again.

Was tougher this season, so many throwers, one guys arguing before game, I asked could they try as if we won I was diamond, they did to be fair to them but a third guy picks attack torbay and psn msgs me "plat noob"

So much salt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Season 8 over tonight, thank god. If PTR sombra goes through I am one tricking my way to diamond

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Only managed to get my placements done for season 8, 1940 odd I think I got :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Since the game was on sale on PC I went to the dark side and set up an alt account so I can main McCree and Widow. :pac: The grind to level 25 is painful as feck but really enjoying McCree, nothing more satisfying than flashbanging a Tracer then headshotting.

Finished at 1800 odd this season, I spent so long hovering around 1600 or so that I was delighted to just crawl up from there, played primarily Winston but had fairly okay stats with Orisa, Zarya and Hog too. I don't play all that much D.Va despite her being my best off tank, I just enjoy playing Zarya so much more.

Moving back to PS4 for Season 9, the game is good fun but it's so much better with a mate and my setup doesn't allow much precision with the mouse so I'm actually worse with a mouse than controller.

Going to pick up Zen again, only played him 4 or 5 times this season, want to properly learn Lucio too but we'll see about that, Moira might be a better shout.

Goal for S9 is to hit and sit above 2350, have been there before and know I'm good enough to reach Platinum, so that would be a bonus either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I got back up to 2208 after falling to 1900. Made a switch to Moira when I was below 2000 and finished with a 70% win rate. I was sitting at about a 35% win rate at one stage overall but managed to get back to 51%.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I maintained my usual 60% win rate with D:Va but lost a lot of SR towards the end of the season when I got bored of her and started playing DPS/Ana. Was close to platinum at one stage and think final SR was 1950 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished 3150 for the season.

Decided to do the CTF placements since I needed 300CP for a gold gun. God, what an absolute crap game mode.

Went 2-8 and quit the final game as soon as it started yet somehow still got 2513.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

J. Marston wrote: »

Decided to do the CTF placements since I needed 300CP for a gold gun. God, what an absolute crap game mode.

Went 2-8 and quit the final game as soon as it started yet somehow still got 2513.

4 -5 players sit on the flag hoping pharrah/Lucio or Winston will cap the flag by himself.

Am I the only one that loves watching Jake play junkrat. Whenever he sends out a rip tyre teams run for the hills

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Yeah comp CTF is horrible, the games seem to either be a mad rush 3-0 or a long ass 0-0 stalemate.
    4 -5 players sit on the flag hoping pharrah/Lucio or Winston will cap the flag by himself.

Am I the only one that loves watching Jake play junkrat. Whenever he sends out a rip tyre teams run for the hills

The Jakerat is unreal haha, dont think anyone else in the league comes close to him there.

Seems like Torb's daughter, Brigitte, is the next hero.

Been a few teasers over the last few days pointing to it but Japan's Overwatch Twitter apparently leaked it...

Wk9Jr7b.png

Rumoured to be a tank/defence with a flail type weapon with knockback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Oooh an animated short would be nice for when she's released, get a bit of lore with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Seems like Torb's daughter, Brigitte, is the next hero.
    Swedish so I'm thinking Valkyrie skin as legendary being an obvious choice and perhaps something medievalish like suit of armor (make it chain mail to distinguish it better) and multiple headed flail with each being a grinning skull or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Swedish muscle waifu?

Yes please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

• Advertisement

- Primarily support with tanky extras. (hybrid sort of character)
    - Rocket Flail - has good range, extends out
    - Whip Shot that can sent rocket flail even further out
    - Smaller barrier than Reinhardt, mostly used to protect herself
    - Shield Bash lunges her forward and does damage/stun on whoever she leaps on. (anti-flank?)
    - Repair pack is a targetting skill (cool down heal)
    - Inspire (passive heal) - can be used to heal a large radius. Powerful when team is built around her.
    - Her ult allows her teammates in the radius to gain armor around her and herself. She also moves faster.
    - Her voiceline (current one) is "you won't be disappointed".
    - Good for players that likes to play a support/tank. Her abilities help her disengage harassment.

Sounds great.

Tank/Support main here.

Excited.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/brigitte/
    brigitte-concept.jpg

In other news, I'm hearing Sombra is possibly OP now.
    *edit: Got 2 days off work! :D

Made the most of the snow today and got my 10 placement games done, 7 wins and 3 losses but played well in the losses as well.

Placed at 2304 and finished last season at 2201 so got a nice bump. The push to return to plat is on :)

Worst placements I can remember. Went 4-6 but two of those losses could've been wins only for people leaving when we were in a good position. So annoying.

Finished last season at 3125 and placed at 3055.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

High bronze placement again....oh well, let the climb commence.

Incidentally is there any PS4 players on R6 SIEGE? Only 20 quid at the moment, might be a nice pallet cleanser between Overwatch sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

6 wins 4L placed daimond for first time so very happy with that. 3083

2100 or so on both accounts Won 4 lost 6 on one, won 6 lost 4 on the other.

• Advertisement

Trying to main McCree on one of my accounts this season after mostly playing tanks/healers before. The amount of abuse you get when you dps is something else :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement