Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

TitianGerm wrote:
    You'll only have 3 DPS if you play DPS?

TitianGerm wrote:
    I'm usually sitting on the Hero select waiting to pick looking at Hanzo, Junkrat, Bastion/Torb/Symetra. I'll pick a healer, another guy will Tank and the last fool will pick DPS again.

TitianGerm wrote:
    It's like people don't want to win.

Worse are the absolute retards who pick
    Healers and try to dps, móir a is the worst offender.

Just pick a dps and let someone who will actually heal play healer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jcd5971 wrote: »

What's going on with Boards? Moira is coming out funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I just found out you can have muliple accounts on an xbox and share xbox live sub. So i bought a year sub for nothing. Oops

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Oh dear, poor bloke haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What's going on with Boards? Moira is coming out funny.

It doesn't cope well with the fada. I think I'm going to stick as a Moira man until the end of the season. It's been a bad season so far, not getting anywhere with my switches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

jcd5971 wrote: »

When I'm Moira/Lucio I do overplay DPS but mostly I'm only playing either of them to begin with because the team has no healers at all.

For me, I hate when people whinge that you're DPSing too much when the team has no other healers....and won't change either.

I think that's why a lot of people pick Moira in QP. Team needs a healer but people are not in the mood to play Mercy/don't like playing as Mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

When I'm Moira/Lucio I do overplay DPS but mostly I'm only playing either of them to begin with because the team has no healers at all.

For me, I hate when people whinge that you're DPSing too much when the team has no other healers....and won't change either.

I think that's why a lot of people pick Moira in QP. Team needs a healer but people are not in the mood to play Mercy/don't like playing as Mercy.

Zen is my go to for a team of DPS, there's no point solo tanking with no heals and no healer is going to actually keep that team up, so you might as well just kill everything as fast as you can and heal the survivors.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Internet temporarily fixed itself, got to spend over an hour trying out new Sombra.

She's great craic. Having the extra 5 seconds on the translocater really lets you get into the backlines.
    The spread reduction on the smg helps you land damage in team fights/cutting people off.
    Having the hack up more often because of not hacking health packs means you can use it more for offence than defence.
    Those poor Pharahs/Doomfists.

Wonder how this will affect her pick rate when the newness wears off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Unless the enemy team has Junkrat, I'm going to learn Tracer for this season.
    Pharah is too hard to be consistently good with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Unless the enemy team has Junkrat, I'm going to learn Tracer for this season.

You on PC ?
    McCree, Solider etc can do tracer in.
    She requires a good bit of skill.

I can imagine her being a pain to hit on console though.

• Advertisement

She's too easy to counter, love her play style myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The trick is to not stay up really high.
    Your projectiles have travel time, the higher you are, the more you have to anticipate their movements and lead your shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Loving the new mei changes, I didn't think they would make this much of a difference but makes her super consistent.

Also chasing down pharah in the air with dva is super fun. You have no power here.

Saw recently that Dva is top pick over nearly every skill level. She's gonna get nerfed again fo' sho'

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw that. Think she was top pick in 5 of the 7 tiers and 2nd in the other two.

She's ridiculous really. A 750hp (if you add in her mech-less health) tank/dps with loads of armour, loads of mobility, loads of damage and the ability to eat loads of ults. No wonder she's most popular.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

She's pretty easy to counter since they nerfed her DM though. Pretty much every tank can murder any of the squishy heroes in a one on one.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You on PC ?
    McCree, Solider etc can do tracer in.
    She requires a good bit of skill.

I can imagine her being a pain to hit on console though.
    The trick is to not stay up really high.
    Your projectiles have travel time, the higher you are, the more you have to anticipate their movements and lead your shots.

PC

I've cut my teeth on the 1v1 matchups in FFA - McCree, Soldier, Hanzo, Widow, Moira, I know how to attack them no problem.

Aiming isn't a problem ;)

But playing Pharah without a Mercy/Zenyatta babying you is damn hard.
    Brigitte might help (giving instant armor/heal) but for now I'm going to try Tracer (who, let's be honest, the game is balanced around).

I wish they wouldnt nerf dva. She doesnt feel like a problem despite her popularity

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tadix

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I wish they wouldnt nerf dva. She doesnt feel like a problem despite her popularity

I think the new character might work as an indirect nerf to D.va, her knockbacks, stun, shields, melee attacks and self heal could make her a good counter to a diving D.va.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I'd expect a Moira DPS nerf to come first; D'Va nerf would most likely be relatively minor (i.e. 50 less armor due to insane mobility & increased DPS or similar).

• Advertisement

God i hope they dont nerf moira! Poor mercy is rarely useful now, even on levels where she's useful for a bit more often than not youre better off switching once point A is taken. Leave the poor supports alone :)

The only nerf Moira needs is that her damage orb doesn't contribute to elimination numbers. It gives a falsely high kill numbers when it just tickles a group as it drifts by, encouraging DPS behavior over healing.

fixxxer wrote: »
    The only nerf Moira needs is that her damage orb doesn't contribute to elimination numbers. It gives a falsely high kill numbers when it just tickles a group as it drifts by, encouraging DPS behavior over healing.

Every hero is like that though. You hit someone once and they are killed you get credit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You would actually be suprised at how much damage they do, if you lob it at someone and they start jusmping backwards to avoid it and keep in its path it can take 3/4's of their health. Sometimes its not a little tickle like if you throw it in the right area/direction.

I wouldn't mind if it was changed for all characters that you had to do a minimum amount of damage to be credited a kill. Sure if I throw a damage Orb in to a group I can get credit, but its not deserved if it brushes a Tracer as she blinks by.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I wouldn't mind if it was changed for all characters that you had to do a minimum amount of damage to be credited a kill. Sure if I throw a damage Orb in to a group I can get credit, but its not deserved if it brushes a Tracer as she blinks by.

That was a very deliberate design choice to stop players obsessing about K:D and the like that you often get in other shooters. I doubt they would ever change it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That was a very deliberate design choice to stop players obsessing about K:D and the like that you often get in other shooters. I doubt they would ever change it.

They definitely failed then! :rolleyes:

They definitely failed then! :rolleyes:

I don't agree, I'm barely aware of mine in this where as in other games I'd nearly rather a positive K/D over a win.

K/D does matter to players in Overwatch though. The standard defense of the Support with Gold/Silver kills is that DPS must be crap if they can out elim them, ignoring of course that if support don't support then DPS don't stay alive to get elims.

• Advertisement

K/D does matter to players in Overwatch though. The standard defense of the Support with Gold/Silver kills is that DPS must be crap if they can out elim them, ignoring of course that if support don't support then DPS don't stay alive to get elims.

I haven't come across many people who refer to KD. You might hear the odd person say that DPS aren't doing their job if Support/Tank has gold kills but that's about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement