Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

How's the season treating everyone?

Playing a lot less this season as trying to avoid solo queuing so much. Flexing when needed but mostly playing Moira, Roadhog and Junkrat in that order. Finally getting Moira down as a pure healer now. I rarely throw a damage orb, using it mainly is a self defense measure if I get isolated from my team or there is a blood thirsty tracer around. Will usually have 8000 plus healing, but had 13000 one time when the team went triple tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

When you're Roadhog and you're gold elims, dmg and healing.... Things are going badly......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Still bouncing around 2900-2999 on my total flex account. 3055 on my support only, gonna try rank up today as im off

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Placed diamond over a week ago and went back to PUBG. Hopped on for a game last night and had 4 DPS so went straight back to PUBG.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Really starting to feel Orisa now, my performances are pretty solid, regularly have <5 deaths a game with solid blocking and Elims, and I'm coming round to halt too, had a Reins heart broke today on Hollywood, pulled him into our Bastions LOS as he tried to retreat about 4 times :D Only have 7hrs on her compared to 35 on Zen and 42 on Winny so I'm very optimistic regards learning her and eventually breaking Platinum.

Orisa is a beast. With a bit of help, she can completely hold down an area. She needs help dealing with some flankers and sometimes needs a hand with shield spammers but she can hold her own pretty well.

Her halt is an amazing piece of kit. Soldier on the highground? Not anymore. Hog trying to drop people down a whole? No, hog go down the hole. Red Orisa behind a shield? Pull her to the side and hope for a follow-up. Sailship? To the ground you go.

I have around 60 hours on her and I feel that there is still a lot to learn.

• Advertisement

When you're Roadhog and you're gold elims, dmg and healing.... Things are going badly......

Truth. I find him a lot of fun to play though and he works in most comps. Just need a friendly healer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Orisa is a beast. With a bit of help, she can completely hold down an area. She needs help dealing with some flankers and sometimes needs a hand with shield spammers but she can hold her own pretty well.

Her halt is an amazing piece of kit. Soldier on the highground? Not anymore. Hog trying to drop people down a whole? No, hog go down the hole. Red Orisa behind a shield? Pull her to the side and hope for a follow-up. Sailship? To the ground you go.

I have around 60 hours on her and I feel that there is still a lot to learn.

Any advice on how to play her?

Been using halt to lift Reins in the air, exposing enemies hiding behind with some success.

Great clip on youtube of emongg as roadhog asking the orisa player to halt above the opposing orisa players shield and he hooks someone every time, its gas

Played Birgitte briefly for Hanamura.... I think I might like her, she feels super unique in many ways. I'm worried however that she might just be a jack of all trades but master of none. Will definitely need the team working around her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I've been trying to find groups but it's so hard.

From here in Korea it's now near impossible to get onto an actual US server.
    If I choose 'Americas' I am brought to SE Asia server where the majority and Thai/Singaporian etc and the ping is 120-140.
    My other option being Europe would have a ping of 200+
    So I am left with Asia = KOREA , where my ping is low, but every game has widow/hanzo/genji instalockers and kids screaming from a PC Bang.
    Trying to get a nice normal group of people to climb with is nearly impossible.

Solo Q'ing is just stressful half the time.
    I want to play with my mate and the others from last season, but they all placed too low again and the the gap is well over the 1000 needed to play together.
    Too much work bringing an account down again.
    I don't want to play with them for the point of pubstomping, because I play the fill role for them, but just for people to play with and talk to and enjoy the game with :(

• Advertisement

Played more Birgitte, bearing in mind it's early days and QP but I'm still not sure what to make of her... I don't think she's an effective healer and I don't find her DPS anything to talk about and apart from her shield she's squishy as she can't self/auto heal.

I don't see where she fits into a comp game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Played more Birgitte, bearing in mind it's early days and QP but I'm still not sure what to make of her... I don't think she's an effective healer and I don't find her DPS anything to talk about and apart from her shield she's squishy as she can't self/auto heal.

She will fit into every comp game for next season because she's a new char and they all wanna play her and then she'll drop off.
    But if the Pros in OWL are breaking her out then she might get some use as they will be showing how she can be utilized properly.

No drop off with moira!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

She's an off tank / anti diver and support healer; she's not there to be main DPS or main healer ala Ana/Mercy etc. She's there to support Rheinhart and the like one step behind the front line and protect the main healers from divers (Tracer, Genji etc.).

Hence she's a bit of a hero to build a team around / require specific team style to work and is not a "pick in every team" ala Moira.

Nody wrote: »
    She's an off tank / anti diver and support healer; she's not there to be main DPS or main healer ala Ana/Mercy etc. She's there to support Rheinhart and the like one step behind the front line and protect the main healers from divers (Tracer, Genji etc.).

Hence she's a bit of a hero to build a team around / require specific team style to work and is not a "pick in every team" ala Moira.

Right but your giving up a slot for that. Do you sacrifice a dps, tank or healer for her?

Right but your giving up a slot for that. Do you sacrifice a dps, tank or healer for her?

She'll be a godsend in Gold, sick to the back teeth of having to deal with Tracers and Genjis on my own.

I think she'll fit best in teams with 1 main tank and a solo healer, will complement Zen pretty well I feel too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

She only looks viable a second healer in a death ball type set up to me where the team are fairly bunched.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Most of my games have 4 DPS so I'd gladly see one of them play Brigette.

A Lucio/Brigette combo would work well if everyone stayed fairly close by? Would suit control point maps and narrow maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »
    A Lucio/Brigette combo would work well if everyone stayed fairly close by? Would suit control point maps and narrow maps.

I honestly think she'll work well in a Comp with Rein/Orisa, Moira, Zen and 2 DPS.

For me she can replace the likes of Zarya.

What we will see though are people solo healing with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

She heals directly by doing damage and throws the odd armor pack, which means maybe the dps moiras out there have finally found their calling

How do you mean she heals by doing damage?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvoryTower wrote: »

When she damages an enemy with the flail it causes AOE healing around her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

IvoryTower wrote: »

when she hits enemies she heals everyone in her vicinity, similar to lucio heals.

Any advice on how to play her?

So many variables here but I'll do what I can. Different maps, different team comps and different enemy comps can make a difference to how she should be played. Also, 60 hours isn't a lot so I'll try to keep this basic enough.

Learn the areas where you can get environmental kills with halt. These are easy to get in gold.

Pull people off the high ground with halt. Nobody likes being dragged from the safety of the high ground into the open.

If your halt is available, just use it to annoy people by pulling them out from behind cover or up in the air. It has a short enough cooldown.

If reaper or McCree try to flank you, place your shield at your feet and halt them up and away to the other side of the shield. Then start shooting. Basically, keep them on the other side of the shield.

If you get dived, dance around your shield.

Learn to track baddies at medium range with your weapon. The projectiles are slow but you can do a lot of damage to people moving in straight lines. Even Pharah.

Also, keep firing and don't manually reload unless there's a break in play.

Your shield can stop a lot of ults - dVa bomb, hammer down, dead eye and more. You're halt can also mess with ulting players just to put them off.

Save fortify for Mei trying to freeze or ult you, Rein trying to charge or ult you, junkrat wheel or trap, tracer bomb, McCree flashbang... It stops you being crowd controlled and can also allow you to survive a heap of burst damage so save it.

Don't use fortify it on whole hog.

When you need to advance, put the shield where you're going to be. You're team will usually be in front so try to cover them too as much as you can.

If defending a point, keep the shield on the point, even if you're still on your way.

Learn to send your shield long distances. Often you'll be returning from spawn and you can get the shield to your team long before you get there.

Watch Evil Toaster.

I'll leave it at that for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

her stun into an enemy rein, followed by your own reins earth shatter will be lethal

Ignore this advice :D

fixxxer wrote: »
    Ignore this advice :D

Shut up, kiwi :D

So many variables here but I'll do what I can. Different maps, different team comps and different enemy comps can make a difference to how she should be played. Also, 60 hours isn't a lot so I'll try to keep this basic enough.

Learn the areas where you can get environmental kills with halt. These are easy to get in gold.

Pull people off the high ground with halt. Nobody likes being dragged from the safety of the high ground into the open.

If your halt is available, just use it to annoy people by pulling them out from behind cover or up in the air. It has a short enough cooldown.

If reaper or McCree try to flank you, place your shield at your feet and halt them up and away to the other side of the shield. Then start shooting. Basically, keep them on the other side of the shield.

If you get dived, dance around your shield.

Learn to track baddies at medium range with your weapon. The projectiles are slow but you can do a lot of damage to people moving in straight lines. Even Pharah.

Also, keep firing and don't manually reload unless there's a break in play.

Your shield can stop a lot of ults - dVa bomb, hammer down, dead eye and more. You're halt can also mess with ulting players just to put them off.

Save fortify for Mei trying to freeze or ult you, Rein trying to charge or ult you, junkrat wheel or trap, tracer bomb, McCree flashbang... It stops you being crowd controlled and can also allow you to survive a heap of burst damage so save it.

When you need to advance, put the shield where you're going to be. You're team will usually be in front so try to cover them too as much as you can.

If defending a point, keep the shield on the point, even if you're still on your way.

Learn to send your shield long distances. Often you'll be returning from spawn and you can get the shield to your team long before you get there.

Watch Evil Toaster.

I'll leave it at that for now.

Thanks! Loads of stuff there, I'm finding high ground halts pretty difficult, can only really reach Bastion most times

• Advertisement

Aahhhh thats cool! Her ult doesnt lool very strong

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement