Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Shiminay wrote: »
    I've been spending a bit of time with Luchio, he's *really* powerful when you get his wall running down.

He is so clearly to me going to be one of the first nerf'd champs in the first Ranked balancing patch.

I guess like any of these types of games, I'd recommend diversifying and not getting to attached to a character :D

Grayditch wrote: »
    Torbs turrets getting a 30% damage nerf on consoles. Personally I think that should only apply on unranked when more than one is chosen.

Balance needs to apply to both ranked and unranked. Unranked is where people will run testing on stuff and try tactics or learn new champs. So obviously they cant have separate balance.

So after playing a few games where this Torbs stacking came into effect that people mentioned, after getting stomped a game trying to be aReaper and getting around the back( I feel the turrets turn to fast, not they do too much damage) I just went Genji, and reflecting back their fire pretty much kills turrets. It didn't end up being too much of an issue to deal with in reality.

I don't think the issue is with their damage, but they simply turn to fast. The counter to turrets, should be getting behind them. Although fine nerfing the damage is one way of dealing with it, but I think thats a mistake and might hurt the champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

The Torbjorn console nerf is an absolute piss take and says more about the lack of communication and willingness to counter than it does the state of the character. A pre-made can counter Torbjorn eventually no matter how many there is , at least from my experience. The fact that the nerf isn't being implemeted on PC where communication is more commonplace says a lot. I'd guarantee almost that the statistics proving Torbjorn is OP on console are made up of stats primarily consisting of solo players, and to be honest if they start doing this with other characters and making console specific nerfs of this magnitude that cater to the idiots then I may just drop the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

J. Marston wrote: »
    Judging by the Overwatch Reddit, 76 and Mercy are married and D.Va is their spoilt child who chugs Mountain Dew and munches Doritos. 'Tis very strange.

Is that subreddit still just people spamming their POTG's etc ?
    I had to leave as no real decent discussion on there (OverwatchUniversity) is the sub I visit.

Also...He's..what..American, she's German...and D.VA is Korean...makes perfect sense. Also in game, the 2 girls don't look that far off in age...I'd happily do either ....or both :P...but D.VA first of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Quite possibly the dumbest question ever, but is there any sort of Offline mode for Overwatch (PS4)?

Basically for the next few months at least my internet simply won't be strong enough to play online at any great level. But even if it's just against bots I'd like to play the game a bit and get used to it (and hopefully still unlock things through offline play) so if I do get good internet, I won't be starting from scratch so far down the line.

Just want to know if it's worth the bother getting used to it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't think you can do anything if you can't connect to the servers, but if you can get on yeah, you can play against bots.

I don't think you can do anything if you can't connect to the servers, but if you can get on yeah, you can play against bots.

Yeah I can connect online, just doubt I'd be able to play online without causing lag etc. Might give it a try for the odd game, see how it feels.

Cheers.

I tried it on hard and got wrecked.

I tried it on hard and got wrecked.

I used to play Shadowrun on the 360 just against bots (that was before we had internet, never mind bad internet). Still always found it enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When is the ranked mode coming out (console). Did they say it was in June?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

goon_magee wrote: »
    The Torbjorn console nerf is an absolute piss take and says more about the lack of communication and willingness to counter than it does the state of the character. A pre-made can counter Torbjorn eventually no matter how many there is , at least from my experience. The fact that the nerf isn't being implemeted on PC where communication is more commonplace says a lot. I'd guarantee almost that the statistics proving Torbjorn is OP on console are made up of stats primarily consisting of solo players, and to be honest if they start doing this with other characters and making console specific nerfs of this magnitude that cater to the idiots then I may just drop the game.

"Blizzard are responding to fan feedback for console players and I don't like it." Boo hoo.

Why shouldn't we get specific nerfs and buffs? I've been told that it's a very different game on PC, much more precise and that's all well and good but console players have paid their money too. Why shouldn't their suggestions and complaints be listened to?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just ordered this on PS4 :)

Should arrive later in the week

Add me if anyone is looking to do multiplayer co-op

goon_magee wrote: »

It was stated ages ago that console and PC would be balanced differently.
    The reason he isn't nerfed on PC...is not to do with communication or teamwork....it's that PC players (by the fact that it's PC...not because they're special)....can react quicker and shoot out his turrets etc compared to console.
    The games on PC and console play very differently.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The only issue I see with platform specific game balance patches is that it forever rules out the possibility of cross platform play and I think that's a little disappointing, but 100% understandable. It's a very minor thing overall tbh, certainly not worth deliberately making one platform underperform and the game less fun for people with controllers.

If it came to cross platform, Torbjorn's turrets would be the least of console people's problems.

Pinpoint aiming on the fly against the turrets is harder on console. Even if 30% seems a little high. I think I agree with most and would rather a range or swivel speed reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Second time using Roadhog... Will defo be using him again on this map!

I suppose without precision aiming from a distance, torbjorn's turret could cause hassle. On PC I can take them out easily even with Lucio.

It can be really hard to take one out if it's on a moving platform, when it has the range it has. On Dorado for example, you can boost up with Phara and take it out in 3 shots so if you miss one while flying, you're dead and he's already got it back to full health before you hit the ground.

That's not really annoying, but add two or more to the mix and even with good communication, it can be rock hard to get at them with the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is that subreddit still just people spamming their POTG's etc ?
    I had to leave as no real decent discussion on there (OverwatchUniversity) is the sub I visit.

Also...He's..what..American, she's German...and D.VA is Korean...makes perfect sense. Also in game, the 2 girls don't look that far off in age...I'd happily do either ....or both :P...but D.VA first of course.

D.Va is 19, Mercy is a well-preserved 37 :p

19 and 37 ? :P :o

She's quite well developed for a Korean 19yr old haha.

Have they released any details on possible future chars ?
    I'm calling it that they'll have a hero similar to Pyro from TF2....some kind of wide arc, high damage, close range hero.

• Advertisement

Played with a group of 5 (plus one randomer) for tonight. We got paired with another party that kept playing 6 of the same character, different every game. We played about 5 games and they only beat us once when they chose 6 bastions. In the last game we chose 5 Torbjorns. Made a real kebab picnic out of the team.

Fair play to them they were obviously having a great laugh. Playing 6 Genji's saw them massacred the worst. It wasn't pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm calling it that they'll have a hero similar to Pyro from TF2....some kind of wide arc, high damage, close range hero.

Fingers crossed! Think that could be quite a cool addition, always liked the pyro in TF2.

And Grayditch i love coming up again those teams - bit of a laugh and breaks the pattern of tense (more balanced) matches.

Personally i am a BIG fan of the six Symmetra defence: very rarely works as Winston or two will rampage through without trouble...but the watching the first person or two walk around a corner and get carwashed with 20+ laser is very entertaining. Fun.

It was good fun. Would have liked to have chated with them, but we were both in our own chat parties, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

It's very similar to Battleborn

Shiminay wrote: »
    The only issue I see with platform specific game balance patches is that it forever rules out the possibility of cross platform play and I think that's a little disappointing, but 100% understandable. It's a very minor thing overall tbh, certainly not worth deliberately making one platform underperform and the game less fun for people with controllers.

The game would never be cross platform. Potentially Xbox - Playstation cross over, but definitely not with PC.

This is Blizzards next roll of the dice for a proper e-sport game, you can see so much of it is built for it being a professionally played, competitive game. Would be a joke if all of a sudden console players got thrown in the mix.

Not to start one of those debates, but in the majority, PC players would thrash console players and the matchmaking and ranked play would be horrendous. Game would die pretty much immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Is it just me or did Pharah get a stealth buff to damage recently?

Playing last night and I was getting destroyed by Pharahs in 1 hit playing as Widowmaker, sweat it never happened before last night.

Headshot with the rocket and you're gone. I always find Widowmakers head easy to hit with Pharah for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Any good videos on good characters to start off using to get the hang of the game (low skill difficulty curve)?

If there's like 22 characters, I'd really rather know in advance which 4 or 5 are best to learn the games mechanics with

Cormac... wrote: »
    Any good videos on good characters to start off using to get the hang of the game (low skill difficulty curve)?

If there's like 22 characters, I'd really rather know in advance which 4 or 5 are best to learn the games mechanics with

I highly recommend to just jump straight in. Whichever looks the coolest, that is your first hero. Exploration is half the fun. You can always switch hero at any time if your finding the current one too difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Cormac... wrote: »

All 21 characters are viable in their own way and in different circumstances. There really isn't a 'best' as such. That's part of what makes the game so fantastic. Just jump in an feel out which ones appeal to you. For example, lots of people seem to love playing Genji, Hanzo, Widowmaker and Torbjorn, but I hate all of them.

I would suggest starting by getting comfortable with at least one character from each class, attack, defense, support, tank. That way you can help balance out the structure of your team more effectively.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement