Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Over two years..still people running off the payload in overtime to try and get a kill.. followed by.. "round complete",, rekt

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Sight808 wrote: »
    Over two years..still people running off the payload in overtime to try and get a kill.. followed by.. "round complete",, rekt

Its mind boggling isnt it? Ditto with 2 CP. Like there is no KD count so there is no point and it is not strategically sound.

Also with Brigette thrown into the mix does anyone notice longer/sustained engagements now? It's purely the AOE heals she is giving off, but there is this weird game play rhythm happening now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Thanks! Loads of stuff there, I'm finding high ground halts pretty difficult, can only really reach Bastion most times

There's a bot in the training area that you can practice on. Also, her voiceline kicks in when the halt makes contact.

On a lighter note, I didn't realise that I could trigger the halt with right-click when I played first so I was always trying to land the halt on the ground, ceilings, walls and poles. I did this for longer than I care to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Had a few games as Orisa in comp, finding Reinhardt fairly redundant now. The shield recharge is so quick it can be kept almost constantly up and if you get jumped you can dodge around it for cover. Just wish her hit box was a little smaller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

fixxxer wrote: »
    Had a few games as Orisa in comp, finding Reinhardt fairly redundant now. The shield recharge is so quick it can be kept almost constantly up and if you get jumped you can dodge around it for cover. Just wish her hit box was a little smaller.

I was considering picking up Rein again, I wasn't bad at Rein back in the day and know way more now so feel it would be easier.

But, wether I'm playing Monkey or Orisa, Rein is my favourite main to play against and Orisa the least favourite so I think it might be redundant to take him up again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Rein is so much more fun though.

Deffo times when hes still better sure top 500 and pros still pick him.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Rein is so much more fun though.

Deffo times when hes still better sure top 500 and pros still pick him.

I think rein and Orisa are too different so say that one makes the other redundant. All they have in common is the shield.

They position differently, their effective range is different and their abilities are very different.

I'll say one thing though, having both a Rein and an Orisa on your team can be very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I think rein and Orisa are too different so say that one makes the other redundant. All they have in common is the shield.

They position differently, their effective range is different and their abilities are very different.

I'll say one thing though, having both a Rein and an Orisa on your team can be very effective.
    `

I've come up against some barrier focused comps recently and you need to counter pick to have any chance of getting through, otherwise you won't make a dent in them before time runs out.

Worst was a Rein/Orisa/Zarya/Soldier/Moira/Birgitte combo - they just rolled around as a super tight deathball and were near unkillable.
    Once we messed up our first attack they would just chain ults for ages.

A competent Sombra can really break them up with ult but you need to be ready to attack and they can still heal through a lot with their huge health pool.

Also six support attack is great crack in QP.

`

Worst was a Rein/Orisa/Zarya/Soldier/Moira/Birgitte combo - they just rolled around as a super tight deathball and were near unkillable.

That sounds like a bona fide nightmare

• Advertisement

`

That sounds like hell. You would need to completely change your team to counter that.
    `
    Also six support attack is great crack in QP.

Sounds like fights that would just go on and on and on. Still, could be fun on defense.

I had a strange thing happen tonight in QP. I normally fill as tank or healer. But tonight, there were three supports and a Rein and a guy asked for dps. I mean, he was right, so I went Junkrat. I used to play him a lot but as I moved up I've had to be flexible.

For the first minute or so I was a bit lost but when I got used to him again I had a lot of fun. He is just so much fun. I understand why people like dps. I don't think this will happen again for a while.

Woke up to some Reddit advice telling me the only way I was really going to climb as Zen was by dominating in mechanical skill, so I switched on the PS4 for a quick FFA.

And won :D

The junk in 1st kept trying to chase me down, so 4 of my last 5 kills were on the guy in first, if he hadn't spent so much time respawning he might have been okay :pac:

I have learned that Brigitte is impossible to solo as Zen too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Prob not interesting to a lot of people here, but someone got a copy of the Players 'Code of Coduct' rulebook/contract.

It is ridiculous. Some of the stuff Blizzard has control over is mental

https://compete.kotaku.com/overwatch-leagues-code-of-conduct-got-leaked-1824038224

Includes

-The right to set up 24/7 cameras in team houses and put them on a reality show.
    -Players can't do anything that would constitute endorsing another game on stream e.g. This is worth buying, it's really good (whatever game)
    -Players are not allowed any drugs, including alcohol
    -Blizzard owns the player's likeness, persona, gaming handles and backstory in case they want to make any other media from it (comics or whatever)

It's a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Prob not interesting to a lot of people here, but someone got a copy of the Players 'Code of Coduct' rulebook/contract.

It is ridiculous. Some of the stuff Blizzard has control over is mental

https://compete.kotaku.com/overwatch-leagues-code-of-conduct-got-leaked-1824038224

Includes

-The right to set up 24/7 cameras in team houses and put them on a reality show.
    -Players can't do anything that would constitute endorsing another game on stream e.g. This is worth buying, it's really good (whatever game)
    -Players are not allowed any drugs, including alcohol
    -Blizzard owns the player's likeness, persona, gaming handles and backstory in case they want to make any other media from it (comics or whatever)

It's a bit much

They signed the contracts and are very well paid so they must have had no problems with anything in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

TitianGerm wrote: »
    They signed the contracts and are very well paid so they must have had no problems with anything in them.

if you are 18-212 and someone offers you 100k a year yopu'll take it no matter what, look at sinaatra, only debuted cos hes only old enough now but on 150k

Did I hear Moira make reference to the 8th amendment or did I just imagine it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Did I hear Moira make reference to the 8th amendment or did I just imagine it?

The power of destruction?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Avoid toxic pricks as teammate feature announced...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I've been using 'BLOCK', assuming that's what it did.
    I've blocked 100's of players.

I actually sent a report complaining that I kept getting people who I blocked on my team again even though I'd reported and blocked them, they had thrown game...but I was with them again.

2 slots ? ...

down on pc for anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Birgitte is kinda OP in FFA I'll give her that. Wrecks annoying genjis in a very satisfying way.

Upcoming Reaper and Mei buffs. Pretty much going to make comp hell imo. I find Mei one of the most frustrating characters to deal with when played by someone competent. I'm not sure Reaper needs the buffs they're giving him either. I felt he was reasonably balanced on the whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

yep mei does my head in

Time to learn McCree I guess, I like the Reaper and Mei changes as a whole, I can see Reapers speedboost being reverted but we'll have to see.

Bad time to be playing Winston though, especially with Brigitte on the scene.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    yep mei does my head in

I mostly play orisa so she's not an issue.

Brigitta destroys me in a one on one though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What are the Reaper/Mei buffs exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What are the Reaper/Mei buffs exactly?

Mei can freeze more than one person at a time.

Reaper can cancel Wraith Form so it can be used to reload quickly.

I'm sure there's more but they are the two I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Mei can freeze more than one person at a time.

Reaper can cancel Wraith Form so it can be used to reload quickly.

I'm sure there's more but they are the two I remember.

Wait, Mei could only freeze 1 person at a time until now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Reapers wraith is now faster (50% from 25%) so he can get out of **** easier and arguably chase down players (it'll give him a bit too much survivabilty if you ask me.... I don't think reaper needs to be a class that chases targets down as such either) and he reloads when he ults. I like playing Reaper though so it should be fun.

Mei will freeze through targets, I don't think the cone is getting wider but she'll be a right pain in the hoop at chokes. It won't pass through shields though.

Dva is getting a DPS nerf. They're reducing the damage of her missiles so she's not quite as bursty. I've been playing a lot of dva recently... I guess it makes sense.

Zen is getting a slight DPS nerf in that his charged right click RoF is being decreased so it should be harder to fully charge and one shot an enemy.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Wait, Mei could only freeze 1 person at a time until now?

The freeze would only hit one person at a time yeah, now it's similar to Moira's heal

• Advertisement

Reaper also now reloads after db, really you could shoot his shots, wraith form, shoot, death blossom,shoot, wraith, all without a reload animation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement