Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Getting really tired of solo q now. I'd like if there was a decent lobby to group with people properly, even role select within that as a starting point.

Game isnt fun when you lose 4/5 on the bounce with randomers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I often lose 4-5 on the bounce in a squad as well, it doesn't feel much better tbh. Possibly worse cause you can sense how triggered everyone is!

More fun winning in a squad though

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

IvoryTower wrote:
    I often lose 4-5 on the bounce in a squad as well, it doesn't feel much better tbh. Possibly worse cause you can sense how triggered everyone is!

This is actually the one thing I prefer about solo queue.
    The sense of collective tilt in squad after a few losses can be too much!

I don't mind losing, it is only a game but I'd rather lose because the other team were better rather than usual of getting put with a toxic/uncooperative player for 2/3 games in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Huge OW news
    https://twitter.com/unitlostgaming/status/980475600732344321

@unitlostgaming: #Overwatch: ROLE SELECT IS HERE! (Primary/Secondary) / GUILDS! (Global Watchpoints) / OWL FPS Spec! https://t.co/KIrQ75dmM9

Players will select role preference 1/2/3

New Clan system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That guy makes me grind my teeth. So annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

fixxxer wrote: »
    Huge OW news

@unitlostgaming: #Overwatch: ROLE SELECT IS HERE! (Primary/Secondary) / GUILDS! (Global Watchpoints) / OWL FPS Spec! https://t.co/KIrQ75dmM9

New Clan system
    What date was this posted ;)

I reported someone the other day, he was just a complete di*khead and didn't bother helping, we lost and he left straight away.

Got a message when I logged in saying that because I reported a player (didnt say who) that my reporting has lead to actions against this player.

First time in over 2 years seeing something like that.

Huge OW news

New Clan system

April fools :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

J. Marston wrote: »

Yeah, i actually liked his vids when he first started them, but hes turned himself up to 11 on the annoying bastard-o-meter. He repeats himself alot and draws out each video, i assume for monetization reasons, but its so obvious and annoying to sit through his vids now.. Especially whens hes acting like a 5 year old at christmas over every single change to the game :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sight808 wrote: »
    I reported someone the other day, he was just a complete di*khead and didn't bother helping, we lost and he left straight away.

Got a message when I logged in saying that because I reported a player (didnt say who) that my reporting has lead to actions against this player.

First time in over 2 years seeing something like that.

I think they added that fairly recently I've gotten a few of them now. Nothing like a bit of schadenfreude to get you in the right frame of mind when you log in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

IvoryTower wrote: »
    April fools :(

Unfortunately for me, living in the future, I thought it was real for a minute...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

OH MY GOD GUYS WHAT IS GOING ON GUYS THIS IS AMAZING I CAN'T EVEN HAHAHAAHAHA OH MY GOD GUYS WHAT IS GOING ON.

blergh.... quintessential youtube gamer.

Yep I stood up for him here a few times but I can't listen to him anymore. Also his constant whining about the game is rediculous

Yep I stood up for him here a few times but I can't listen to him anymore. Also his constant whining about the game is rediculous

I always thought he had a point about the role selection though. If not forcing a meta then at least you might get stuck less with multi one tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I found his coaching videos good when I picked up the game initially. I might not agree with all of his advice looking back, but as a beginner, it was a good starting point. I also don't doubt that he knows how to play the game since he plays at a respectable level but the newer videos have definitely gotten annoying. Particularly the ones with just his head and feck-all in-game footage.

I always thought he had a point about the role selection though. If not forcing a meta then at least you might get stuck less with multi one tricks.

I would love something like this. As he rightly says, games are lost at the selection screen. If each team could be certain of getting at least a healer and a tank, it would go a long way to preventing some of the worst selections. It should be doable - it's not like blizzard can't figure something out.

On a side note, on Ilios lighthouse a few nights ago, I saw that my team had both a torb and a sym. I was Orisa and we had a lucio. It was obvious that this round would be a loss.

A torb or a sym can work here but you need to be able to win the first fight to let them get set up. It could also work if they were gods but this was in gold so that was unlikely. Things went about as well as you'd expect.

Eventually, someone in chat asked why we aren't doing any damage. I reply with "torb and sym on cp". I never single people out unless it's a sym setting up teleporters off the map but this was obviously a poor selection and it wasn't really that bad a thing to say.

The round ended pretty quickly but not before sym piped up with the cliché, "But I have gold damage". I know it's a cliché from forums and reddit but that must have been the first time that I saw it for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I got a "but I have 3 golds!" in chat last night as well.
    I reminded them we just got rolled, and that 2 people had silver kills - with 1 kill.

We did not win that match.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I would love something like this. As he rightly says, games are lost at the selection screen. If each team could be certain of getting at least a healer and a tank, it would go a long way to preventing some of the worst selections. It should be doable - it's not like blizzard can't figure something out.

On a side note, on Ilios lighthouse a few nights ago, I saw that my team had both a torb and a sym. I was Orisa and we had a lucio. It was obvious that this round would be a loss.

A torb or a sym can work here but you need to be able to win the first fight to let them get set up. It could also work if they were gods but this was in gold so that was unlikely. Things went about as well as you'd expect.

Eventually, someone in chat asked why we aren't doing any damage. I reply with "torb and sym on cp". I never single people out unless it's a sym setting up teleporters off the map but this was obviously a poor selection and it wasn't really that bad a thing to say.

The round ended pretty quickly but not before sym piped up with the cliché, "But I have gold damage". I know it's a cliché from forums and reddit but that must have been the first time that I saw it for myself.

D:VA players will often pipe up with that if the match isn't going well, oblivious of the fact that D:VA is by far one of the easiest heroes to get gold dmg/elims with even in a match where everyone is playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    D:VA players will often pipe up with that if the match isn't going well, oblivious of the fact that D:VA is by far one of the easiest heroes to get gold dmg/elims with even in a match where everyone is playing well.

I'd gold for kills, objective time, heals and silver damage yesterday. We had Hog, Junkrat, Genji, Reaper and McCree. I was Lucio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Mickeroo wrote:

Nonsense! It's all the carrying I do :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got back into playing this in the last week after nearly a year away from it, man I never remember spawn camping being as bad or have players just got worse, I have had 3 games defending Dorado where not one attacker got near the payload, happened on a couple of other maps as well.

Having fun though again with it and the new heroes mainly Sombra, Moira seems to be lethal with a good player, I do not see much love for Doomfist or Ana, very few people seem to be picking them, Brigitte on the other hand seems very popular and Orisa is quite useful in the right situations.

Xenji wrote: »
    Got back into playing this in the last week after nearly a year away from it, man I never remember spawn camping being as bad or have players just got worse, I have had 3 games defending Dorado where not one attacker got near the payload, happened on a couple of other maps as well.

Having fun though again with it and the new heroes mainly Sombra, Moira seems to be lethal with a good player, I do not see much love for Doomfist or Ana, very few people seem to be picking them, Brigitte on the other hand seems very popular and Orisa is quite useful in the right situations.

are you playing quickplay?

people generally just muck about in quickplay, most teams wouldnt push as far as the spawn in comp. and quickplay games are nothing like comp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

are you playing quickplay?

people generally just muck about in quickplay, most teams wouldnt push as far as the spawn in comp. and quickplay games are nothing like comp

Saw it in comp once, was actually tough to do all 10 games with so many leavers, only won half the games but did not find it much different to quick play, actually some of the teams were plain awful and we got rolled in minutes.

Mickeroo wrote: »

And let's not forget Moira. At least D.Va should be out there getting high eliminations and dealing lots of damage. I know Moira need to do damage to top up her peepee spray, but her main strength is as a healer.

On a side note to this, it really is fascinating how this game works. The gameplay is incredibly deep. You could have the best aim in the world and still not rank too well. On the other hand you could have mediocre aiming abilities and still do well even with hitscan or projectile heroes if you make the right decisions for "where should I be and who should I be shooting".

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

On a side note to this, it really is fascinating how this game works. The gameplay is incredibly deep. You could have the best aim in the world and still not rank too well. On the other hand you could have mediocre aiming abilities and still do well even with hitscan or projectile heroes if you make the right decisions for "where should I be and who should I be shooting".

Definitely some truth to this, i've gotten a huge amount of fun out of the game (must be close to 900 hours now) and manage to feel like i'm making a difference every time as long as i make good choices and work with the people around me.

Every few months i try and learn a new hero and each time the challenge is rewarding.

cant wait to give brigette a blast in comp i think she's gonna be strong. between herself and moira 2 supports shouldnt be hard to get

Xenji wrote: »

Doomfist has suffered from being a bug ridden mess for most of his existence, until recently. Ana doesn't do enough healing to justify her against other healers these days. It's a shame really as she's fun to play and when you catch someone at the start of their ult with a sleep dart its a fantastic feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

cant wait to give brigette a blast in comp i think she's gonna be strong. between herself and moira 2 supports shouldnt be hard to get

Actually stopped playing when they announced she wouldn't be in comp this season. Think I've decayed from 3190 or 3150 to 3000 now.

Will play the arcade next week for the event but holding off on comp until she's available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Utter shambles of it last night.
    Nothing was working, even with communication.

Dumbest was when we managed to spawncamp on Blizzard World (Def) for a solid 3:30, so obviously we're hot shít, right?

Couldn't even get Point A on attack! :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement