Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Utter shambles of it last night.
    Nothing was working, even with communication.

Dumbest was when we managed to spawncamp on Blizzard World (Def) for a solid 3:30, so obviously we're hot shít, right?

Couldn't even get Point A on attack! :confused:

Similar experience on Inubis. Kept the other team off the point the entire time no stress. Our turn to attack and two players on our team think it will be great fun to bust out an attack Torb/Symmetra combo. Couldn't even get to the point and a draw instead of what should have been a straight forward victory.

Did have the pleasure of playing against a solo attempting stealth Reinhardt the next game though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

fixxxer wrote: »
    Similar experience on Inubis. Kept the other team off the point the entire time no stress. Our turn to attack and two players on our team think it will be great fun to bust out an attack Torb/Symmetra combo.

*Eye twitches*

Tuesday's event look fun. That Moira skin looks class too, very neo continuity IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

fixxxer wrote: »
    Tuesday's event look fun. That Moira skin looks class too, very neo continuity IRA.
    Complete with "Tiocfaidh ar la" voice line!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Talon haven't gone away, you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Feckin 22gb ps4 update!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The state of Sombras haircut.

Glad to see Moira is getting a skin that isn't dreadful. I hate everything visually about the character but she's so useful I have to play her.

https://streamable.com/mtkp4

Patch 10 quick notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reaper's skin is awesome. Mei's is cute.

Hanzo gets far too many skins, the annoying prick.

Agree on Sombra's hair.

• Advertisement

Retribution is quite tough.

Hefty download at the guts of 14gb on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Retribution is quite tough.

finished it on fell jsut short the last heavy cleared my team out on expert :/ tis fun though

Hefty download at the guts of 14gb on PC.

Apparently it's 21Gb on console! :eek:

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/983771475827191808

Played it on normal.. Doubt I'll bother running it again like most of the PvE events they do. It's straight forward, nothing special.

Played it on normal.. Doubt I'll bother running it again like most of the PvE events they do. It's straight forward, nothing special.

Normal is training wheels mode though. Why not try it on one of the harder levels?

It's a little short but I like it. It's nice to have the Uprising event too, switch between them. Uprising is definitely much harder, with the "defend the point" parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you not watch Unit Lost... Holy heck Blizz this is amazing, come on Blizz we need PvE.... Best thing since sliced bread according to him :pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did you not watch Unit Lost... Holy heck Blizz this is amazing, come on Blizz we need PvE.... Best thing since sliced bread according to him :pac:

I just vomited in my mouth thinking about it.

I've no problem with the PvE but I don't really see any point to it in what is a multiplayer game. If there was a nice special skin as a result of beating it on a certain difficulty etc then I'd happily work on it but it's just fluff and fairly dull fluff at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I really enjoy the PVE stuff for a few days as a novelty, glad they do it. Upped the quality this time as well i think.

My favourite is the all heroes stuff, such a laugh. Torbjorn absolutely wrecks on Retribution and Junkrat is great fun, Zen too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good fun. Only played the new one on hard, felt like an even more arcade version of Left4Dead. Haven't played the original Null Sector one which I would imagine is better as it heavily relies on a concerted effort from 4 different classes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Managed to out snipe a Widow as Zenyatta, think I'll call it a night on that note.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Played the retribution last night with some other randomers.
    We completed Expert quite handily.

Then tried Legendary..well..the ninja is a c*nt !!
    We tried ti again with ANY heroes....she's still a c*nt !

We got to the very end though and the Heavy took us out :( Probably try again later....I want the achievement...even though they mean nothing to anyone on PC. That Expert (without dying) one will be quick hard too.

One of the best random combinations we had though was Anna, Orisa, Mei , Soldier.
    Mei can freeze the stupid Ninja when she's on top of someone and Anna can sleep her too.

Also Mei's Ice block and wall are very handy for reviving others in tough situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

played last years one for the first time, we played on hard, the bastions are a nightmare!

Last year, Mercy would've had team-revive right?

Last year, Mercy would've had team-revive right?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Finally got to Platinum! Been sitting above 2400 for about 15 games now so reckon finishing in plat is doable.

Playing mainly Orisa and Winston, sickening amount of games at this border with Solo Healer/Tank or no main tank

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Finally got to Platinum! Been sitting above 2400 for about 15 games now so reckon finishing in plat is doable.

Playing mainly Orisa and Winston, sickening amount of games at this border with Solo Healer/Tank or no main tank

I feel you. It's OK.

Did I ever tell you about that one time I played dps? Well it's true, I played dps once in a game. At the character select screen, there were two tanks and three supports already taken. This left me confused as someone who always has to fill. Then someone in chat asked for a dps. Valiantly, I decreed, "Never fear, for I shall play junkrat!".

True story (except for the quote. It was more like "I should be OK with junkrat")

S76 is my only DPS but that's like low Gold level, I've been thinking of picking up Reaper and practising Mei again for the craic

S76 is my only DPS but that's like low Gold level, I've been thinking of picking up Reaper and practising Mei again for the craic

Reaper seems a bit ridiculous at the moment since his wraith buff.

• Advertisement

Reaper seems a bit ridiculous at the moment since his wraith buff.

Oh yeah, bursting him down after wraith was always easy with Zen or Orisa, he's very dangerous.

Still though, discord and volleys is still a decent approach

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement