Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Oh yeah, bursting him down after wraith was always easy with Zen or Orisa, he's very dangerous.

Still though, discord and volleys is still a decent approach

i find him still not good enough, ranged damage wins in overwatch, reaper cant get close enough, you waste 5 lives building DB then hope you dont get stunned. briggete will also wreck him more

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

i find him still not good enough, ranged damage wins in overwatch, reaper cant get close enough, you waste 5 lives building DB then hope you dont get stunned. briggete will also wreck him more

Yeah I've changed my mind about Brigette. I have gone from thinking she was pointless to thinking I might try to main her. She's going to be a pain in the hoop when she releases however at least in FFA I've beaten Brigette as Reaper most times in 1 on 1s. He just puts out too much damage.

I appreciate he's not great on mobile/open maps but on chokes/tight maps he can put out heaps and now his faster wraith does wonders for his survivability.

Yeah I've changed my mind about Brigette. I have gone from thinking she was pointless to thinking I might try to main her. She's going to be a pain in the hoop when she releases however at least in FFA I've beaten Brigette as Reaper most times in 1 on 1s. He just puts out too much damage.

I appreciate he's not great on mobile/open maps but on chokes/tight maps he can put out heaps and now his faster wraith does wonders for his survivability.

i reckon we will see a rein deathball type meta coming out, rein and hog with moira and brigite and whatever dps

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Had a good win streak going - thought I could climb tonight.

2 really bad teams & 1 game with a leaver later, all my wins are undone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

i reckon we will see a rein deathball type meta coming out, rein and hog with moira and brigite and whatever dps
    More inclined on Orisa over Rein; while the shield is not as strong she has better crowd control and ranged DPS while having a ult that compliments the deathball better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Rein is so so so SO much more fun to play though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Was playing Mystery Heroes (as I mainly do) and a guy on mic was going crazy from the start in broken English.

"What **** is this - no tank no healer what the ****"

"****ing all dps ****"

We all leave spawn

"****ing idiot team"

*leaves game*

Surely he had to actually have clicked on arcade->mystery heroes to get to this point....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Competitive 6v6 Elimination is now go. This looks like fun but I do wish they'd take a look at regular Comp and see what improvements can be made to make it les of a crapshoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I still really enjoy comp but funnily enough I don't try to rank up at all. I have an account that reached diamond and i haven't touched it this season, my happy place is mid/high plat where I can play whoever I feel like it and don't care if I lose. I will try to make a reasonable team comp and will give my full effort but I won't play characters just cause I'm good at them, ill pick whoever i'm currently enjoying the most.

I think the idea of these other competitive game modes is to take some of the messers out of ranked so I guess in a way it is an attempt to try and improve comp

Competitive Elimination is pretty cool. Difficult at first when you're not used to the maps at all (I didn't even realise for the first few rounds there were no healthpacks for example either!) but once you adjust it's good craic.

• Advertisement

If there is one thing I hate in this game is people absolute reluctance to admit the comp isn't working. I main junkrat as he outputs the most consistent damage imo, so played volskaya set myself up as usual, holding point a. There pharrah rules the sky. We have a genjis and a late pick reaper. So I change to mcrees since I'm useless as junk, but not good enough to take down pharmercy by myself ask for help get told to do my job. It basically goes like this for 3 more rounds with genji going in pharmercy, Winston and rein....

Just ****ing change when you are so so countered ffs help the bloody team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Brigitte when being healed or with a little backup is so stupid.
    Not many who can burst her down quickly.

Just walks into groups of people and holds down the swing button.
    Also...WTF is she saying ? "I love team Mei " .....is what it sounds like to me. Probably meant to be "rall-y to meh"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Brigitte when being healed or with a little backup is so stupid.
    Not many who can burst her down quickly.

Just walks into groups of people and holds down the swing button.
    Also...WTF is she saying ? "I love team Mei " .....is what it sounds like to me. Probably meant to be "rall-y to meh"

ALLA TILL MIG! - EVERYONE TO ME! (Ultimate)

Apparently.

ALLA TILL MIG! - EVERYONE TO ME! (Ultimate)

Apparently.

Makes more sense than "I love team Mei"

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Well all i'll be hearing from now on is "I LOVE TEAM MEI".

Had one yesterday who had a Zen orb on her and would just wade into every choke point - that little shield takes a while to burn through. Whenever we'd get close to killing a Doomfist would slam in and scatter everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tadix

I've been playing on ps4 since launch and I've been thinking about going onto pc for a while, what sort of pc/laptop would I be looking at just for running overwatch? Bare in mind I don't know tons about pcs

Assuming you want to play at 1080p decent settings (same level as PS4 minimum), €600 for new laptop, €250 for 2nd hand desktop would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

tadix wrote: »
    I've been playing on ps4 since launch and I've been thinking about going onto pc for a while, what sort of pc/laptop would I be looking at just for running overwatch? Bare in mind I don't know tons about pcs

I played it once on my Surface Pro 3 i7 and the integrated graphics card had a meltdown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Posted about this a few weeks ago, but the Werewolf Game myself, Raze and Partyjungle are running is starting this Sunday.

As always, new players are welcomed, it should be a great week of stressful paranoia for all involved, with Winston gifs to ease the tensions.

If you're concerned about looking new, vote Anon and no one will know who you are till after, so no worries there

As before, all welcome to join :)

Signup below

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057865418

I got within 3SR of hitting Platinum again, but then got 2 Losses & 2 Draws iirc

Gonna gun for it the next few nights.
    tadix wrote: »

Lenovo are selling a desktop with Intel Core i3-7300 & GTX 1050 Ti for €509:
    https://www3.lenovo.com/ie/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/gaming/lenovo-legion-y-series-desktops/Legion-Y520-Desktop/p/99LE9Y50275

Not the greatest system but it's new, nearly €200 cheaper than anything competitive, and would crush Overwatch (60-70fps on Highest settings)

• Advertisement

Posted about this a few weeks ago, but the Werewolf Game myself, Raze and Partyjungle are running is starting this Sunday.

As always, new players are welcomed, it should be a great week of stressful paranoia for all involved, with Winston gifs to ease the tensions.

If you're concerned about looking new, vote Anon and no one will know who you are till after, so no worries there

As before, all welcome to join :)

Signup below

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057865418
    Can you explain this please?
    I don't get what we'd be signing up for :)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Can you explain this please?
    I don't get what we'd be signing up for :)

Its a game we play on the forum, say we have 20 players in this case, 4 of them will be Talon Operatives and 16 will be the heroes of Overwatch.

The Talon Ops have a secret site where they can communicate with each other in private.

Every morning at 10am, Talon will choose a player to kill, and they will be removed from the game.

Its up to Overwatch to figure out what players are other heroes and who's working for Talon through deduction and questioning, while Talon try to turn the heroes against each other while evading suspicion.

There is a poll every day where all players will vote on whom they think is Talon, and the player with the most votes will be killed and removed from the game.

This continues every day until Talon outnumber the heroes, or Talon are eradicated.

Some heroes will have extra powers like Reinhardt, who can protect one player from Talon each night or McCree, who can shoot and kill two players at any time of his choosing.

It sounds complex but it makes a lot more sense when you get into the game. Theres more details here, and feel free to ask any questions you have there, I don't want to take this thread OT :)

If anyone has played Town of Salem on Steam, its a very similar premise

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789174

If anyone has played Town of Salem on Steam, its a very similar premise

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789174

THIS! Very fun game.
    Also...it's free to play through a browser.

http://www.blankmediagames.com/

If you have PSVR there is a game called Werewolves within, which is also very similar.

if you have a few hours and want to be entertained check out the simpsons game on the forum

SeantheMan wrote: »
    THIS! Very fun game.
    Also...it's free to play through a browser.

http://www.blankmediagames.com/

If you have PSVR there is a game called Werewolves within, which is also very similar.

Fancy giving a whirl Sean? We have a player living in Taiwan, and have previously had people playing from Canada, the US and Singapore so you won't be the only one whos timezone is out. If you're way off we can change the game timings a little to suit you better.

For OW related stuff, been sitting above 2600 for about 20 games now, holding my own as Winston and Orisa now so I'm delighted with that, my duo partner had leapt to 2900 the bastard, he was at 2600 for months until I got there :( Ive started bullying him into listening to me during games which I'm attributing to some of his success. Its so much easier to tank at this level, so I'm enjoying the game a lot more too.

Started an alt for playing DPS in comp, I feel bad for all those new players but I was for sure not the best, I'm a competent S76 at best, seen guys defend from spawn on their own as Doomy and Genji. Crazy stuff, getting 3 man blades every minute and holding the whole team off alone.

Its mad to see how fast your MMR shoots up, went from playing with people all under level 10 to Level 50+ in the space of about 5 games, most seem to be Silver-Gold level which is what I would expect for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

How did everyone's season go? Bounced in between plat and gold for most of it.. i honestly don't think i'll play next season. I always say that but I've been playing less and less of it. Getting really tired of the toxic behavior and only having decent games 1/3 of the time. I just don't have time for it anymore.

DOwnloaded Fortnite... giving that whirl instead!

Sight808 wrote: »
    How did everyone's season go? Bounced in between plat and gold for most of it.. i honestly don't think i'll play next season. I always say that but I've been playing less and less of it. Getting really tired of the toxic behavior and only having decent games 1/3 of the time. I just don't have time for it anymore.

they need a role que simple as, you put in for a role and you can only choose characters from that role pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

they need a role que simple as, you put in for a role and you can only choose characters from that role pool.

Yea but then do we have the game at 2/2/2 for comps? I don't mind we if have 1 tank, 2 healers and 3 dps.. kind of ruins the back and forth nature if we just lock it into 2/2/2 although it's the most optimal a lot of the time. They defo need to sort it soon though, I'm someone who prefers watching it rather than playing it.

Yea but then do we have the game at 2/2/2 for comps? I don't mind we if have 1 tank, 2 healers and 3 dps.. kind of ruins the back and forth nature if we just lock it into 2/2/2 although it's the most optimal a lot of the time. They defo need to sort it soon though, I'm someone who prefers watching it rather than playing it.

role que, thenm set an option for team comp que

• Advertisement

I never dedicate enough time to my main plat account as it's not as fun.
    My season was very mixed and I get to see the struggles and differences in different timezones and with different cultures.

Account 1 (Americas) : Season placement Mid Gold ->Bronze -> Gold
    W-L-D
    98-93-6
    (Last 20 games trying to get back to gold 17-4-0)

However this account is used to play with my bronze friend, who likes to play on US servers. Therefore I have to lend him the account at the start of the season and he can't help but not play as well (he mains Moira) and brings the account down.
    From here I am playing in 'Americas'
    However, Americas doesn't mean USA anymore. It also means SE Asia.
    If you aren't grouped with an actual American in the US then you will be on the closest SE Asia (Americas) server to you, which is usually Singapore.
    My games there consisted of people from Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and a lot of Koreans, some foreigners (USA etc on army bases) thrown in.
    Most people can communicate well through English.
    When I have asked low level Koreans why they are playing on Americas instead of KR server, the usual response is that KR is too toxic and people are a lot nicer on other region servers.

At this bronze/silver level, they are really...well..for the most part...willing to communicate and have someone take the lead. There is rarely much 'ego' and many of the people just want to climb.
    This is in contrast to the Bronze/silvers of South Korea...who are only placed there by the gods punishing them....or so they say.

Playing there was a lot of fun with my friend, but he then got into arcade and I decided just to bring the account back to gold to end the season.

My ping averages around 140ms there, it's playable, but can make hitscan heroes difficult.

Account 2 (Korea) : Season placement High Gold ->Plat
    W-L-D
    28-18-1

This is my main account, or well the one I want to keep up high if possible.
    However it's not as fun as my other account in NA, but not because it's more difficult.
    At Plat level in Korea...most player will assume they know everything.
    They will instalock Genjis/Hanzos/Widows nearly every game.
    They will leave games constantly (I don't know how much playing in a PC Bang(cafe) and time running out has to do with this).
    In Korea they also usually don't pay for the game. They make ID's for free and just pay to play in the cafe.
    Obviously the language spoken is Korean, and although I can communicate in Korean to them for the most part, it becomes a joke sometimes....OMG are you foreign guy ? Korean so good ? instead of focusing on the game.

I have friend on the KR servers, but most 1 trick or play at different times and for the most part I end up playing solo and filling , trying to help the team.
    Whereas on NA I can communicate better and there aren't as many throwers.

Ping in KR is 5-10ms , so I can play my DPS if needed, but as mentioned, they all instalock DPS anyways so I never get the chance.

I've tried taking the plat account onto NA, but there the ping difference really starts to make a difference in 1v1's etc.

I dedicated a lot more time to just having fun with my friend this season as opposed to trying to get to Diamond in Korea.
    Much less stressful.
    Also, there is a slightly noticeable skill difference between Korean and American gold/plats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement