Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just did placements. Straightforward for once considering what I said above however saying that 2 matches I was playing against a throwing/messing about 2 stack so that helped and all the leavers etc seemed to be on enemy teams. Placed 2626 playing just as Moira. Wanted to use Birgitte a bit but I felt I wasn't having much of an impact so switched off.

I tells ya.... if you forget you have a damage ball and only use heals Moira is so OP and you get an ult up every 2 seconds. So funny seeing other Moiras wasting her orb as damage, usually when the teams are too far apart to even engage.

The damage ball is great for chasing away Tracer and catching a weak Lucio as he runs away.

You should have plenty of healing with your pee spray if everyone is grouped up so a small bit of damage can actually help to finish someone off in a team fight.

I got three ults with her last night on the final corner on Dorado. Went on a huge kill steak and just kept fading away when anyone tried to focus me.

Also had a game on Kings Row where I played Zarya with a Lucio and Brigette backing me up on the final downhill section. I felt unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

8-2(1 DC)

2200 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Haven't touched placements yet. Is Brigitte must pick, are people insta-locking her?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Im installocking her but its more so just for a change of scene, couldnt tell you how useful she is yet, so far it all feels situational. In a tight group, or narrow corridor she's a beast. When a brawl breaks out she's great as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'd say a Moira/Brigette support combo would be formidable.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'd say a Moira/Brigette support combo would be formidable.

Use Brigette as the second tank rather than the second healer.

We had Rein, Zarya, Hog, Zen, Moria and Brigette last night in a game and the other team couldn't kill us quick enough. For some reason they didn't switch to Pharah though :confused:

that sounds like a nightmare lol, gonna shake things up thats for sure

IvoryTower wrote: »
    that sounds like a nightmare lol, gonna shake things up thats for sure

I think Orissa might have worked better than the Rein but the guy who picked Rein never played Orissa.

Even though we didn't have a DPS the Zen orb worked wonders with the Hog hooking and Zarya melting them up close. Then when we were pushed the Brigette was able to knock people back and create space for us to keep pushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Brigitte wrecks Roadhog. Everything he wants to do, she can shutdown with a stun.

Yeah, wait until he starts to heal then shield smack him. Her Stun, whip, hit combo is pretty nasty for squishies.

• Advertisement

That last third on Rialto is pretty painful on attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

That last third on Rialto is pretty painful on attack.

Agreed, you'd want eyes in the back of your head in that place.

4-1 in placements so far exclusively on Brigitte. I haven't seen one enemy team pick her yet so she must not be meta.

Also, this is straight up abuse...

Support shouldn't be able to do that to a tank but I won't complain. She is getting nerfed on the PTR though.

2 soon to say if she'll be meta i would say

J. Marston wrote:
    Support shouldn't be able to do that to a tank but I won't complain. She is getting nerfed on the PTR though.

I beat a Roadhog slowly yo death like that last night. Felt sorry for him by the end of the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Lucio is really good on Rialto. Very easy to play him as 2nd healer hiding behind payload and can often easily outheal Mercy if your team sticks close.

Also...the satisfaction of booping half the enemy team off a bridge is immense...especially when you do it right outside spawn. Got a POTG last night for knocking their two tanks off the bridge in the first few seconds on attack.

Haven't seen as many Brigitte's around lately but Hanzo was a given all yesterday in every match.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Hanzo is unreal now.

Had my best placements ever, 9-1. Placed at 3327.

Brigitte is absurd, the nerf is definitely warranted. Felt like the only way I got killed during the 10 games was if I got swarmed by 3 or more. She can take pretty much everyone on in a 1-v-1.

you must be the highest ranked here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

J. Marston wrote: »
    Had my best placements ever, 9-1. Placed at 3327.

Brigitte is absurd, the nerf is definitely warranted. Felt like the only way I got killed during the 10 games was if I got swarmed by 3 or more. She can take pretty much everyone on in a 1-v-1.

Nice placements/rank! Is that far off your last season?

I don't think i've seen a game without Brigitte yet, she's a nightmare to deal with. Hugely meta in the higher tiers of comp from what it looks like.

Also agreed on new Hanzo being a nightmare - I'd say that storm bow needs nerfing almost as much as Brigitte.

I don't think i've seen a game without Brigitte yet, she's a nightmare to deal with. Hugely meta in the higher tiers of comp from what it looks like.

Also agreed on new Hanzo being a nightmare - I'd say that storm bow needs nerfing almost as much as Brigitte.

Its OP for shield and tank busting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's a joke. We know that scatter arrow was causing you all so much pain so we've replaced it with something better.

Yeah thanks Jeff you wanker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I LOLed at that poor Mei :P

I havent played the game is sooo many months , played some over the weekend and decided the game in its current state should be called Stunwatch :rolleyes:
    I dont know if its just me but i played 3 maps and was bored to tears, no incentive to play again anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dcully wrote: »
    I LOLed at that poor Mei :P

I havent played the game is sooo many months , played some over the weekend and decided the game in its current state should be called Stunwatch :rolleyes:
    I dont know if its just me but i played 3 maps and was bored to tears, no incentive to play again anytime soon.

Yeah, it feels somewhat less about skill and more about crowd control at the moment. Not sure they're doing the game any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Quit in my first game back

I don't know what people expect but to be rolled if your constantly swapping roles

Stopped playing when I was 3150-3200 last season and decayed back to 3000 so near-perfect placements gave me about 180SR.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Stopped playing when I was 3150-3200 last season and decayed back to 3000 so near-perfect placements gave me about 180SR.

I only won 3 games i think and i placed somewhere between 3000 and 3100. Also having decayed back from 3100 to 3000 last season. Goes to show how effective a good placement run can be i guess. Likely story is you're just much better than I am though.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I've pretty much only played my placement matches the last three seasons and have been steadily dropping from mid to low diamond, went 6-4 this season and placed 3040 i think.

It's kind of a benchmark i guess - if i drop below diamond i'd be super upset but as long as i scrape in I don't feel the need to play comp.

I'd pay another €60 for an Active Mic Users competitive queue by the way...I get so frustrated when no one says anything, the game is so much better and more enjoyable when people are talking.
    I could 6 stack but i don't know enough people at my rank who'd be into that even if I was.

Anyone else learning new characters to try and stay relevant in the meta? I've been really working on my Bastion and having a fair amount of success just burning through shields and barriers. Dying quite a bit but almost always killing a Brig/Rhein and swinging the team fight my way,

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I did my "Main" (D:VA, Lucio and soldier if I have to DPS) placements and got mid gold as usual after 7 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses.

About halfway though my "couldn't give a ****e" account placements playing mostly McCree and Ana if I have to flex. I think I'm 3 for 3 at the moment, but was doing well even in the matches we lost. Would be expecting low gold again.

I saw a thing on reddit where someone in silver got a GM to do their placements for them and they still ended up in silver. Makes it fairly obvious the placements are a token exercise to get people to play the game every month or two. Not that I mind too much, I quite like dipping back in every now and then to get my rank.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement