Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

got it on pc now as well just for when im on my lunch break. keyboard is going to take a lot of getting used to. just gonna use zen to start so i s
    dont have to move too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Mickeroo wrote: »

I saw a thing on reddit where someone in silver got a GM to do their placements for them and they still ended up in silver. Makes it fairly obvious the placements are a token exercise to get people to play the game every month or two. Not that I mind too much, I quite like dipping back in every now and then to get my rank.

ive made decent jumps in placements, it would be silliy to jump from low silver to even gold though, nobody improves that fast. a couple of hundred sr max i would say is about right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Playing alot of new hanzo, the new ability is very good.
    at anything other than point blank range if I'm at full health I can out dps bastion one one.

Where I think he's op now is ult generation, if you hit all shots with new ability you're at almost 50% ult again it's nuts.

Had a game last night junker town on defense enemy team was 5meters from winning, in the last minute of game I got 4 ultimates and I was not even playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mercy getting a new skin for breast cancer research foundation. Nice idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 glinnwest

New mercy skin just worth this 15€

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's a gorgeous skin alright....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Logged in and saw that last night. 100% goes to the charity, sure why not. Haven't played Mercy in while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's a gorgeous skin alright....

All the money goes to charity as well. Great cause and you get something for your donation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not to play favourites with charities, it's a great cause and excellent charity but it would also be cool to highlight prostate cancer with a skin for Soldier or Rein.

Soldier 76 doesn't strike me as the type to go for a prostate exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There's been a few times I've given him one with Doomfist.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Doing really badly in my games so far, but at least 1 POTG (only needed 1 cap to win)

Anyone else feel 15 is a bit much for a skin though.

I logged on and said I'd buy It as its a good cause, expecting maybe a fiver or so but 15 yo yo no chance.

Kinda a bit out of my price range. I think it's a great idea, I just think they might end up making more if it was €4.99

You can get it by watching twitch streams too.

fixxxer wrote: »
    You can get it by watching twitch streams too.

thing is id happily pay a few quid for it just to donate as its a great cause just see 15 as a bit steep.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    thing is id happily pay a few quid for it just to donate as its a great cause just see 15 as a bit steep.

Guilty here as well. I reckon if they made it a little cheaper they'd make more money from volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads you could just donate your €5 to the charity anyway!!

This is a small gift from Blizzard to thank you for making the donation of €15. Don't think of it as buying a skin for the money.

I'm not sure anyone was thinking of it is terms of not being worth it for the skin.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Felt a bit dirty after this one....

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote:
    Felt a bit dirty after this one....

That flashbang and headshot tho

Since taking this game back up after a few months, I've noticed a lot of very, very good Hanzos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Grayditch wrote: »
    Since taking this game back up after a few months, I've noticed a lot of very, very good Hanzos.

Hanzo has been changed so he is definitely more skill focused now and not just a lucky scatter fck.
    So if I see a good Hanzo these days I'll give him credit where it's due.

Also....I'm coming back to Ireland in July and can hopefully get me a desktop to play Overwatch and see what the European scene is like.
    Since release I've only played on Korea / SE Asia / North America.

Not sure how the skill levels will differ, but from this thread it used to seem like the Frenchies were the worst for the abuse :p:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Grayditch wrote: »

It seems his hit rego has been tweaked as I play significantly better than i previously would have with him. That being said, i think there is a significant number of XIM users on Xbox and PS these days as their drag is far too quick to be done on a controller.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think they increased the arrow speed too so it's also easier to land shots with him in general.

It seems his hit rego has been tweaked as I play significantly better than i previously would have with him. That being said, i think there is a significant number of XIM users on Xbox and PS these days as their drag is far too quick to be done on a controller.

There was some very questionable kill cam shots alright. As well as a widowmaker with the most accurate use of a controller I've ever seen.
    Or not :pac:

That match where no one picks heals on Ilios and you still win because the other team went derp and only had a bad Birgitte as heals... It was battle of the throwers and they threw harder.

I'd actually be ok with console widows using a keyboard and mouse. Would have a chance of a widowmaker on my time actually able to hit the broadside of a barn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'd actually be ok with console widows using a keyboard and mouse. Would have a chance of a widowmaker on my time actually able to hit the broadside of a barn.

My heart always sinks when someone picks Widowmaker especially when the team already needs another healer/tank. Not that she can't be good, and a good Widow is obviously very valuable, but most of the time....they're not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

main account placed at 2460 after 5/5

Played 1 game earlier, won..now at 2485.

Going with Murphys law...I expect to lose the next loads and not reach Plat.
    Debating whether to play in Americas (easier, weird picks, but lag) or KR (throwers, too many DPS, but excellent teamwork at times)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement