Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Move over Goth Zarya, there's a new ugliest skin in town...

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/996888029716361216?s=19

Blergh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm playing a second account through my USA Psn account. The connection doesn't feel as smooth as usual. Am I going through US servers even though I'm in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Typical Hanzo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'm playing a second account through my USA Psn account. The connection doesn't feel as smooth as usual. Am I going through US servers even though I'm in Ireland?

I'm not sure how it works on console.
    I guess the easiest way for you to tell would be through voice comms.
    Are they all speaking with an American accent/twang or are le French and ze Germans still shouting ?

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm not sure how it works on console.
    I guess the easiest way for you to tell would be through voice comms.
    Are they all speaking with an American accent/twang or are le French and ze Germans still shouting ?

Apparently on console there isn't the same region isolation as on PC (according to the Blizzard Forums). I think it must just be network stress of not a lot of low level players to match against plus the amount of people who drop in and out of matches at the level in Quick Play. Had a fair few matches that were 3v2 at one point while the server frantically searched for players to backfill. The lower levels are such a **** show now I wonder if Blizzard would be better reducing that 25 level limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Finally crept into Gold again on PC. Amazing how much stock people put in skill when really, communication makes a world of difference. Found a good team, everyone on mic, and won 10 games in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

quick one. Is there a discord channel for boardsies for overwatch, much like the one for PUBG? I like playing with people. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"Ah no lads, Moira pays off so much more if you DPS only"

How do you even reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

How do you even reply...

murder the whole family

• Advertisement

How do you even reply...

"Enjoy bronze dips**t"

A good balance is great if you've another primary or strong healer that allows you to be a bit more flexible. Obviously if you're primary healer it's not good to be focusing on DPS.

The other problem is that often you can be playing Moira and half the team is bitching that you don't know how to heal.... but they'll be all spread out in different directions so it's an uphill task to begin with.

I play Moira a lot....her and Soldier 76. I think she's one of the best characters in terms of flexability along with Lucio.

Placed 2617 SR in Competitive Deathmatch.

Might've placed higher but in 2 games I dropped to 5th/6th due to an unfortunate suicide rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Playing Moira the other night. Golds for elims,point time and!!! healing.. Yet I'm not a great healer.. This coming from a guy who's played soldier for 20 hours but couldn't hit the back of a barn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Playing Moira the other night. Golds for elims,point time and!!! healing.. Yet I'm not a great healer.. This coming from a guy who's played soldier for 20 hours but couldn't hit the back of a barn.

Moira is more often than not gold elims. She just has to throw a purple orb through the crowd and get a bit of chip damage to contribute to a kill.
    You could be gold healing but maybe the other healers weren't doing well.
    Instead of focusing on medals as a healer...check how much healing your doing per min or per 10mins as they count it.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Placed 2617 SR in Competitive Deathmatch.

Might've placed higher but in 2 games I dropped to 5th/6th due to an unfortunate suicide rocket.

From what I read online Comp FFA is a sh1tshow and the palcements are mental. The US pro xQc got placed in Platinum.
    Another one of the best DPS in world won all 10 of his placements. Got low diamond.

ewj1978 wrote: »

I'll echo SeanTheMan here - Moira is best when she's paired with 2 tanks & focuses on her team mates above killing the enemy (though feel free to take out a Support/Flanker if they're out of position or you're winning a team fight).

AFAIK she builds Ult faster with healing than damage, which then lets her bust through shields during a push.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'll echo SeanTheMan here - Moira is best when she's paired with 2 tanks & focuses on her team mates above killing the enemy (though feel free to take out a Support/Flanker if they're out of position or you're winning a team fight).

AFAIK she builds Ult faster with healing than damage, which then lets her bust through shields during a push.

Just to add, if you need to damage someone in a team fight make sure you throw your heal orb out and make sure it bounces off walls to stay amongst your team and doesn't just float away.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just to add, if you need to damage someone in a team fight make sure you throw your heal orb out and make sure it bounces off walls to stay amongst your team and doesn't just float away.

Simple Geometry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i ts not that it build ult faster but the healing ball has more hp than the damage one so you get 200hp ult charge from damage and 300 hp ult charge form healing(if theres people to damage/heal)

I agree though, go hard healing and you'll be the first person to have an ult by a long shot and can easily win the first fight

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i ts not that it build ult faster but the healing ball has more hp than the damage one so you get 200hp ult charge from damage and 300 hp ult charge form healing(if theres people to damage/heal)

I agree though, go hard healing and you'll be the first person to have an ult by a long shot and can easily win the first fight

It does build ult faster too, she gets 12 points towards her ult for every 10 healing done, whereas 10 dmg = 10 points. So one heal orb gives her 360 charge, dmg orb gives her 200

I did the calculations there last week, you can get your ult every 60 seconds as Moira by doing nothing but throwing heal orbs around. My record is a 34 second ult with her, and its very achievable to average an ult every 70 seconds over a match.

• Advertisement

It does build ult faster too, she gets 12 points towards her ult for every 10 healing done, whereas 10 dmg = 10 points. So one heal orb gives her 360 charge, dmg orb gives her 200

I did the calculations there last week, you can get your ult every 60 seconds as Moira by doing nothing but throwing heal orbs around. My record is a 34 second ult with her, and its very achievable to average an ult every 70 seconds over a match.

ok good to know, heal heal heal

TitianGerm wrote: »

On this, if you really need a quick burst throw it at the ground, it'll keep healing in the same spot for a couple of seconds, can be essential in a grav. Generally though, walls are better

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ok good to know, heal heal heal

Soldier's biotic field is plenty healing for the whole team.

Moira and Brigitte are DPS, let no-one tell you differently.

That's unusual for Lego. It's normally Mega-Bloks who pursue those IPs like Halo, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, etc....and they price them really reasonably too.

Played a game last night, we had 3 dead on point but had ultimate advantage, rein dead with shatter, me dead as junk with tyre, and a torb dead after ulting at start of engagement.

As a mercy player who do you res?? Well if you were the moron mercy on my team you pick torb..... Like how do people even turn on their pc if that's the smart choice to them

That's unusual for Lego. It's normally Mega-Bloks who pursue those IPs like Halo, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, etc....and they price them really reasonably too.

LEGO's prices are usually 11-14c / block; the issue is really more that they stuff lots of small parts to upp the parts count.

Played a game last night, we had 3 dead on point but had ultimate advantage, rein dead with shatter, me dead as junk with tyre, and a torb dead after ulting at start of engagement.

As a mercy player who do you res?? Well if you were the moron mercy on my team you pick torb..... Like how do people even turn on their pc if that's the smart choice to them

was the other team on the point as well? probably whoever im least likely to die rezing

• Advertisement

was the other team on the point as well? probably whoever im least likely to die rezing

2 were, we were all down on the stairs on the back left as you attack the point

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement