Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Having watched the absolute bare minimum being done to combat toxicity in both r6 and ow im convinced theyre worried it will do more harm than good to the player base to really go for it. At least role select removes a chunk of it with less people protesting when they dont get a decent comp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Played a decent hack with a stack of mates, most are new so some headwrecking ****e like "Moira works better as DPS" comes out but they're all decent lads and willing to listen when they're called out for taking nonsense, its brought a lot of craic back to the game but I cant climb with them, despite playing with groups that are 300-400SR lower than me I have over twice my avg deaths consistently versus solo que. Doesnt make any bloody sense.

Playing a serious amount of Orisa, I seem to have lost my touch with Winston, losing 1v1s I should be winning, random/****ty shield placement and some dire attempts at bodyblocking, flying with Orisa though, avg deaths is 7, closer to 5 imo when adjusted for my 5000 heals per match Moira stack. Getting good with halt, can normally displace a bastion no issues, even if hes behind a shield, high ground still catches me a lot but I can normally pick up environmentals most games, Reaper is a non issue unless he gets a surprise headshot or I'm preoccupied.

I watched an Orisa video recently where the creator stated that once Halt forms the green lines to the target, there's no escape, I seen several occasions where its broken on me, has this been patched at some stage and the video was out of date does anyone know?

Haven't played in about 2 weeks, at 2401 in Plat so one more game will drop me to Gold, not arsed solo queueing in the seasons final while and I know I won't climb with the lads yet so playing less infuriating stuff, like XCOM :D

Having a lot of fun with Orisa though, will probably keep her up going forward, I know Rein is currently meta with Hanzo, Brig and Zarya but imo if you're not running meta then Orisa is a better shout. Less shields but range, halt to setup DPS, massive ult and you can hurt things and shield at the same time. The anti cc of Fortify is tidy too, giving you 400 Armour and 200 Health is pre Nerf D.Va for 4s every 14s.

Looking forward to S11, theres apparently a big Sombra buff on the way, hope Brigs shield gets cut to 400HP soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Gimme dat Sombra buff, I'm already getting angry messages from people on the other team.
    Imagine the anger if she becomes less buggy again.
    Heard her gameplay described as 'strategic trolling of the enemy team'
    Sent a Doomfist and Pharah to their deaths on Lijang tower when they tried to take the shortcut to the point.

All the speculation on the new hero, I'm more interested in seeing what new Symm will be like to team up with and go against.
    Some of the plays I've seen on Youtube and Reddit have been amazing.

The downside being when she is put into the game a molten core turret, self destructing meka etc. could just suddenly appear next to you.
    Zenyattas, Torbjorns, Anas and other low mobility heroes are going to have a bad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Still playing, just only play in a group these days. Until role select comes out I doubt I'll solo queue. It's just too frustrating. I've been playing more Orisa and Bastion these days for a bit of variety as well as the usual Junkrat/Roadhog/Random Healer roles. I find Bastion great fun to play when kept mobile, so every time they try and focus you down you've gone somewhere else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Still playing a lot, but like others pretty eager for role select and LFG. Maybe it'll bring me back to comp.

Having huge fun playing Ana recently despite her weaknesses - a good Ana game makes you feel like a top tier player. Granted if the enemy go tracer + genji i'm probably gonna get flanked into switching to Moira rapidly.

Also agree on the Bastion play, love playing him the last month or so. Keep your distance and brig can be countered hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Any other heroes people think need a rework.

Personally I think reaper needs something. Even if it's as simple as reworking his Tele that it doesn't make him as vulnerable. I think the rest is fine, maybe up his range a m or two.

Anna they should go back to the previous build of her nano boost. There are so many easy to use healers now shell very rarely bring value.

And mcrees needs something. Hanzo is basically a better mcrees now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

McCree is my favourite hero and was the one I got to diamond with, well him and mei.

Me is still good, I'd like a little buff of some sort not much though.

McCree is ****ing useless now, hanzo storm bow is a better version of fan the hammer, his jump is better than mccree roll, he climbs walls his ult is better and more reliable, and with his increase to projectile speed he is almost hitscan with waaaaaaay more effective range.

I'd strongly suggest mccree may well be the most useless character in overwatch right now.

Thing is i dunno how to fix him without breaking him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

A good Mei is still the most annoying character in the game.

Personally I think they should revert Zen back to what he used to be.

It's sad when he fires his weapon now, so slow.

Making Mei walls unclimbable to the Shimada arseholes could be a very small but nice buff.
    I heard that as a suggestion somewhere.

Making Mei walls unclimbable to the Shimada arseholes could be a very small but nice buff.
    I heard that as a suggestion somewhere.

to the what?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    to the what?

Shimada brothers = Genji & Hanzo I think.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    McCree is my favourite hero and was the one I got to diamond with, well him and mei.

Me is still good, I'd like a little buff of some sort not much though.

McCree is ****ing useless now, hanzo storm bow is a better version of fan the hammer, his jump is better than mccree roll, he climbs walls his ult is better and more reliable, and with his increase to projectile speed he is almost hitscan with waaaaaaay more effective range.

I'd strongly suggest mccree may well be the most useless character in overwatch right now.

Thing is i dunno how to fix him without breaking him either.
    I had a suggestion. Put his flashbang like genjis strike thingy. If you kill the cool down resets.

if you kill with genjis strike it resets?! so thats how they do those massive ults. how did i not know that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

IvoryTower wrote: »
    if you kill with genjis strike it resets?! so thats how they do those massive ults. how did i not know that lol

Oh my god dude you must have like 1000 hours :D

Granted i've probably got less than an hour an genji and when i use his ult i rarely get 1 kill, let alone 4 - Hopeless with him.

Oh my god dude you must have like 1000 hours :D

Granted i've probably got less than an hour an genji and when i use his ult i rarely get 1 kill, let alone 4 - Hopeless with him.

this changes everything, im genji-ing later

i need healing

Genjis swift strike will also reset if he gets an assist.
    So for example you dash through an enemy, they get shot in the head and killed by a team member and it will still reset for you anyway.

It's why he's so hard to pin down in FFA. Assists and kills has him tearing through rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Just had my first good run of comp games in ages and it was class. Started off with a win on Horizon with a classic Zarya-Doomfist ult combo. Having people on mic makes it a totally different game.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Got bored of lack of team work etc in comp, so just let my main rot down to 3000 and have been back playing Hanzo only on my alt account. Sitting at near 2600 atm.

its great that they made hanzo so good theres now no need to stress out with the amount of people that only play hanzo

Has the Symmetra update gone live yet?

• Advertisement

no

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It won't go live until after the end of the Season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Can't wait for the Symettra update. Got her loads on mystery heroes last night and kept thinking. "Yes, a good version of this character would be amazing"

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

LFG, endorsements and the Sym changes appear to be live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mickeroo wrote: »
    LFG, endorsements and the Sym changes appear to be live.

They are, the LFG seems very robust, Max number of each role, only show groups with x role open and preference on VC seem to be the best options imo, there's a few more too.

Endorements are split into 3, I forget what their note for each was

Shot Caller
    Sportsman
    Team Player

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Career profiles now private.... I understand I guess but annoying neverhteless

has to be the most exciting update yet, cant wait to give it a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sym is super fun now and not in a BS way. Losing the lockon was a good thing.

Does anyone know if Sombras ult cancels Syms shield?

Was Sym the only one that got changes this update?

Had a quick play with her in practice range, will be interesting to see how folks make use of her.

• Advertisement

Sym is super fun now and not in a BS way. Losing the lockon was a good thing.

Does anyone know if Sombras ult cancels Syms shield?

it wont once its out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement