Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

also why cant people just admit they are being hard countered and swap 2 years on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was Sym the only one that got changes this update?

Had a quick play with her in practice range, will be interesting to see how folks make use of her.

Orissa, Doomfist and McCree got buffs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/8u29ws/patch_26_june_rundown/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

also why cant people just admit they are being hard countered and swap 2 years on

Players are just bad, including myself, best bet is to try not tilt over it, im sure if you're playing at masters upwards people are more aware.

I have actually gotten worse at this game over the last couple of seasons but i'm having more fun as I'm regularly playing about 15 characters. Its just very hard to be particularly good at one when you spread your play time over so many. Definitely more fun though as when you've gone over 1000 hours you'd lose your mind only playing a handful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Players are just bad, including myself, best bet is to try not tilt over it, im sure if you're playing at masters upwards people are more aware.

I have actually gotten worse at this game over the last couple of seasons but i'm having more fun as I'm regularly playing about 15 characters. Its just very hard to be particularly good at one when you spread your play time over so many. Definitely more fun though as when you've gone over 1000 hours you'd lose your mind only playing a handful.

Agreed; I'd say I'm comfortable with the majority of the cast in most situations - only ones I don't like are Hanzo, Genji, Widowmaker & Mercy. And my Zarya's pretty ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

But I'm not master's but I know if I'm in a choke getting rolled, widow/hanzo and a junk are probably the best way to get through a tiny choke. I'd just after point a in kings row. Get a rein, Orissa, shield up, shut down their widows ally and spam like **** guaranteed the choke falls.

Edit im weak on genji, monkey, lucio but the rest at lower levels id be fairly confident with vs most people, though a good pharrah usuaslly has their way with me unless im having a really ****ing top notch game for myself as widow which is rare that i click heads so often

• Advertisement

But I'm not master's but I know if I'm in a choke getting rolled, widow/hanzo and a junk are probably the best way to get through a tiny choke. I'd just after point a in kings row. Get a rein, Orissa, shield up, shut down their widows ally and spam like **** guaranteed the choke falls

I know but sure you can easily one trick with likes of reaper up to plat and usually one tricks aint changing no matter how dire the situation so I dont get my hopes up. I suppose you could always mention it on mic and hope they dont quit lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Endorsements are pointless. Everyone just spams them for xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Sym is super fun now and not in a BS way. Losing the lockon was a good thing.

Does anyone know if Sombras ult cancels Syms shield?
    I agree she is a lot of fun. Having to get used to turrets being anywhere keeps you sharp.
    I kept putting them on the front of the payload on defence, lots of kills and ult charge.

Sombras EMP does destroy her shield yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

But I'm not master's but I know if I'm in a choke getting rolled, widow/hanzo and a junk are probably the best way to get through a tiny choke. I'd just after point a in kings row. Get a rein, Orissa, shield up, shut down their widows ally and spam like **** guaranteed the choke falls.

This is the problem in silver/gold/plat though, most players do know that junk widow hanzo are great at that situation.

The problem is they try to emulate it using widow and hanzo, two of the highest skill ceiling characters in the game.

On a slightly related note watched our and an enemy widow have a duel on hanamura last week..... Enemy at the gates it was not.

Also got excited for mccree buff, only to see the most useless change in the history of gaming.

Talking of choke points, Rialto feels ridiculous if your team is half-way coordinated.

Stay a bit behind the bridge.
    Then just spam shot after shot into the choke, and start booping off stragglers once they start trickling over the bridge.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Talking of choke points, Rialto feels ridiculous if your team is half-way coordinated.

Stay a bit behind the bridge.
    Then just spam shot after shot into the choke, and start booping off stragglers once they start trickling over the bridge.

Cant the attackers flank you then to the left, right and over bridge? Mind you my team did get stuck there the other day, there was a bastion/torb/orisa comba and we couldnt get near them

Cant the attackers flank you then to the left, right and over bridge? Mind you my team did get stuck there the other day, there was a bastion/torb/orisa comba and we couldnt get near them

Yes they can.
    But most teams I've faced turn into lemmings & you'll get, at most, 1-2 low-mobility attackers flanking the small bridge.
    Which, since I'm Pharah, means they die very quickly (even if I miss direct hits, they'll die to easy splash damage).

I was pharah trying to get through and the bloody torb turret wasd a nightmare, every time i got it the bastion got me and vice versa, was a rough game that needed comms to have any hope of a breakthrough

played a game there, honestly dont think ive ever seen a game change so much after an update lol. 2 syms who hadnt a clue what they were doing and nobody knowing how to deal with them either, was a good laugh. Lots of people talking(quickplay on pc, i barely heard anyone up until now)

same again in second game, its possible they all just want endorsements now so are getting involved, hopefully its not something that will only keep them motivated for a week. I got a few endorsements after one game after saying about 3 things so it should help

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Just had someone complain that we ran a "Anti fun strategy"; now here's the fun part, it was random heroes mode :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,744 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can't figure out what he is from that apart from being a hamster, a tank maybe?

I need this hamster in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A hamster? That's dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,744 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I can't figure out what he is from that apart from being a hamster, a tank maybe?

I'm guessing Tank. Probably some rolling knockback attacks, and guns like that remind me of D-Va's where they likely won't do that much damage themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

J. Marston wrote: »
    A hamster? That's dumb.
    It will be a boon for the number of females who want to play the game though.

I'm inclined on tank with some form of self activated shield to escape ala DVa boost with turns him into a ball and rolls away with increased move speed. Overload mode on the guns for higher damage perhaps and then the ultimate could be some form of rip tyre self explode that is done by launching the ball straight forward only or similar. Only question is how he's suppose to protect others or if he has some form of shield ability (anchor in the ground and extend a bubble perhaps).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nody wrote: »

I'm inclined on tank with some form of self activated shield to escape ala DVa boost with turns him into a ball and rolls away with increased move speed. Overload mode on the guns for higher damage perhaps and then the ultimate could be some form of rip tyre self explode that is done by launching the ball straight forward only or similar. Only question is how he's suppose to protect others or if he has some form of shield ability (anchor in the ground and extend a bubble perhaps).

Is there a link between females and hamsters that I'm missing?

Nody wrote: »

It'll be a boon for us childish 31 year old males too. There are dozens of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Mech looks good.
    Hamster looks ****ing dumb,like something out of some ****ty rayman mobile game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

If thats the real reveal, he's going to be a very small hero.

Developer video inc. abilities

Hyper mobile heavy damage tank, I love it :D

fixxxer wrote: »
    Hyper mobile heavy damage tank, I love it :D
    Good bye back line (again).

Brigettes stun will be very useful against him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Had a few games last night testing out the lfg tool. I do like the idea of going into a game knowing that there is usually going there isn't going to be 4 dps mains, but it's completely pointless when people don't pick the right heroes to counter or try and combine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement