Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Sight808 wrote: »
    Had a few games last night testing out the lfg tool. I do like the idea of going into a game knowing that there is usually going there isn't going to be 4 dps mains, but it's completely pointless when people don't pick the right heroes to counter or try and combine.

Idiots are always going to be idiots. Genuine playing into zarya, monkey, sym, mein and whoever else. What's the point you can't reflect anything back from most the team!!

fixxxer wrote: »
    Brigettes stun will be very useful against him.

Not really, imagine being on lunar point b. He come off the top, slams into the middle of your comp of 4 on the point, damages a load of them, then pops that shield, if one person puts his shields to 700, and 2 makes him 900, how much will 3-4 people make him!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A tiny Guinea Pig kinda pushes the boat out a bit much for me personally, but new heroes are always good to shake things up.

Looks kinda like a rip off of a Droideka from Star Wars though!

droideka.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Seen some clips of Wrecking Ball (really wish they'd just called him Hammond) just swinging around the point on maps like Oasis Garden where he can just keep swinging around the centre of the point in circles. Hope they fix that as that would get annoying quick.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

He looks ridiculously powerful going by the gifs I'm seeing on reddit.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He looks ridiculously powerful going by the gifs I'm seeing on reddit.

He is and he can swap from swinging mid air to his assualt mode as I call it before he lands

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They'll have to nerf him before he comes out of PTR surely. Definitely won't see him in comp for the upcoming season I'd say.

Can he be damaged in the wrecking bal mode? Maybe he's easier to kill than the ifs make it look.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They'll have to nerf him before he comes out of PTR surely. Definitely won't see him in comp for the upcoming season I'd say.

Can he be damaged in the wrecking bal mode? Maybe he's easier to kill than the ifs make it look.

From the clips I saw it didn't look like he did that much damage and was just a complete nuisance on the point contesting.

He looks like he'd be fun to play though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

His 100 shield per person nearby must be nerfed. If he jumps in to an enemy team he could end up with 1200 Hp/Shields/Armour

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Looking forward to thousands of youtube montage clips using Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball for the soundtrack.
    I was reminded of the hamster/gerbil thing from Bolt when I saw the character reveal.

tenor.gif?itemid=4068334

That said he does look like a lot of fun.

• Advertisement

Play of the game:

jhudqgkhqfde665x7qkw.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

the group up thing is amazing. I've more people on mic now playing quickplays than i ever had in comp! can't wait for the season to start,it's like a new game

Play of the game:
    Le gif
    :pac:
    IvoryTower wrote: »
    the group up thing is amazing. I've more people on mic now playing quickplays than I ever had in comp! can't wait for the season to start,it's like a new game
    Yes I was tinkering with making a group, not quite sure I understand how to put one together yet but as I only play any game mode that isn't comp I'm not too worried.
    Getting lots of endorsements, I like to think it's because I'm a good person but I'm pretty sure people are just looking for that extra xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Getting lots of endorsements, I like to think it's because I'm a good person but I'm pretty sure people are just looking for that extra xp.

I just fire them out, don't look at who gets them. I've virtually thrown some qp matches through messing and I still get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I always endorse my healers, unless it's a DPS Moira. Then they get reported for game play sabotage.

I just fire them out, don't look at who gets them. I've virtually thrown some qp matches through messing and I still get them.
    . . . No I'm pretty sure it's because I'm great.

:D
    fixxxer wrote: »
    I always endorse my healers, unless it's a DPS Moira. Then they get reported for game play sabotage.
    DPS Moira can work if you know what you're doing. Great way to shut down a talented Doomfist.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

.DPS Moira can work if you know what you're doing. Great way to shut down a talented Doomfist.
    Same is true for Widow and the old Hanzo and see how that worked out in general :P

. . . No I'm pretty sure it's because I'm great.

:D

DPS Moira can work if you know what you're doing. Great way to shut down a talented Doomfist.

I used to think that too until I resisted the temptation and started actually playing Moira solely as a healer. :D

Still flank/fade to kill the odd weak unsupported character but it's rare for me not to have something like 4k dmg v 12k healing in an average QP game. Before I started playing her like this it used to be the exact opposite.

Can barely remember the last time I threw a purple orb....

Bit more flexible if you have a Mercy too, but when that happens I just take it as a personal challenge to out-heal Mercy (and usually do).

I used to think that too until I resisted the temptation and started actually playing Moira solely as a healer. :D

Still flank/fade to kill the odd weak unsupported character but it's rare for me not to have something like 4k dmg v 12k healing in an average QP game. Before I started playing her like this it used to be the exact opposite.

Bit more flexible if you have a Mercy too, but when that happens I just take it as a personal challenge to out-heal Mercy (and usually do).
    There's only one things annoys me as Moira, standing behind your team group healing and an inaccurate widow somehow manages to miss 5 bodies near you, bullet comes around corner and boom headshot

I don't do it often and we normally already have supports when I do.
    DPS Moira until I see one of our supports in the killfeed then pick up the slack until they make it back to the frontline.

Purple orbs are usually a waste of time unless there are multiple low health enemies in front of you.
    Well Mercy can only heal one target at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I don't do it often and we normally already have supports when I do. DPS Moira until I see one of our supports in the killfeed then pick up the slack until they make it back to the frontline.

So do you pick moira as a dps character when you have 2 healers?

Or are you the 2nd healer.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    So do you pick moira as a dps character when you have 2 healers?

Or are you the 2nd healer.
    When we have 2 healers, if I'm getting shutdown as other characters.
    It's rare enough but it is a viable strategy.

The problem is then that other healers see you're Moira and switch off as well to go DPS or whatever, leaving you as the primary healer.

Fundamentally Moira is capable of being a good DPS character.....she just's not best used that way as either the team is relying on you to heal from the outset, or else the other healers change when they see you use her so it's a catch 22.

She's great though for picking off isolated characters like McCree, Widowmakers, etc. Hanzo definitely has become a bit more of a no-go with the storm arrows though.

She builds her ult considerably faster through healing than dps too apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

heal heal heal, ult charged, send damage orb + ult, repeat

moira is my only ticket to diamond but I don't particularly like playing her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I've found if I'm playing comp then I have to get stuck in with moira, especially on an assault map. If I'm playing in a 6 stack then Moira is usually considered primary healer and I'll play her like that. In a proper 6v6 with full Comms the damage orb just feeds the enemy healers

The problem is then that other healers see you're Moira and switch off as well to go DPS or whatever, leaving you as the primary healer.

Fundamentally Moira is capable of being a good DPS character.....she just's not best used that way as either the team is relying on you to heal from the outset, or else the other healers change when they see you use her so it's a catch 22.

She's great though for picking off isolated characters like McCree, Widowmakers, etc. Hanzo definitely has become a bit more of a no-go with the storm arrows though.
    Having the healers swith off when I bring her out hasn't happened to me yet.
    We're usually a minute or two into a game at that point. People can be stubborn to switch unless they are specifically trying to counter someone else.

If you save fade for evade rather than using it to dive you can dodge Doomfists one shot, getting frozen by Mei and Hanzo storm arrow.
    She builds her ult considerably faster through healing than dps too apparently.
    You do build ult faster through healing but sometimes you have to decide if you want your ult faster or to shutdown the person on the enemy team that is wrecking everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

What rank are you in out of interest.
    How's the win rate with her?

Just curious how your finding it so far.
    It's definitely a sub optimal way to play her though, surely you'd be better on an actual dps character.

Not an insult by the way or anything just genuinely curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's definitely a sub optimal way to play her though, surely you'd be better on an actual dps character.

My thoughts exactly. Any DPS and most tanks will kill someone quicker than Moira. I'd be pretty pissed if Moira on my team was off tickling enemies when there's better things to be doing.

• Advertisement

I don't have a rank, outside of FFA, I never play comp. I'm just talking about general experiences I've had while playing.
    Surely it should be an easy situation to avoid, if you're in comp you should be on mic and communicating with your team what you're doing anyway.

Sometimes the worthwhile DPS picks have already been chosen and you're trying to make something work.
    Having DPS Moira is a viable strategy is all I'm saying, not trying to convince people it should be their first move, just that it isn't a bad one.

Some people still say that picking Torbjorn or Sombra is a bad idea.
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. Any DPS and most tanks will kill someone quicker than Moira.
    I'd be pretty pissed if Moira on my team was off tickling enemies when there's better things to be doing.
    If tickling enemies is all they are doing then you have a point.
    Usually if something isn't working I'll change, no point in butting your head against a wall for the entire game.
    You're basing your point of view off of it failing though, I've had it work enough times for me for it to be worthwhile.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement