Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Hey if it works go for it, just all I'd say is don't base your success off of elims.

A damage ball into a 6 man zarya grav for instance will give you 6 elims but you put out a negligible amount of damage.

But if your having fun and not ruining other people's games then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Hey if it works go for it, just all I'd say is don't base your success off of elims.

A damage ball into a 6 man zarya grav for instance will give you 6 elims but you put out a negligible amount of damage.

But if your having fun and not ruining other people's games then go for it.
    It's never about elims. I had a game the other day where two people from the other team were constantly chasing me down, so I kept leading them on a merry chase.
    Meant the rest of my team was constantly having a 5v4 on the point.
    Easy pickings usually.

As for not ruining other peoples games, people tend to not worry about that kind of stuff in quickplay and arcade.
    Having fun is the main goal, I've lost games I've enjoyed and been bored in games I've won.

That mentality is what has had me avoid comp so far.
    It seems like winning is the end all and be all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

People don't care as much in QP but most still care to some extent. Not if you're playing your best and failing, but more when people are playing characters obviously badly or are being hard countered but won't change. It still is pretty annoying/frustrating.

Not saying you're playing Moira bad or wrong specifically, just saying that people do get salty in QP a lot too - I almost never play comp either but the actual mood is mostly fine though and pretty similar to quick play (at least at Bronze/Silver/Gold levels).

Having fun is definitely the important part but it should still be a decent team effort (at least in QP I mean). A DPS Moira is usually unhelpful in most cases simply because it's depriving the team of great healing potential even though it is very easy to get gold elim/dmg/object.

Once I started playing Moira as a hard healer rather than DPS or even 50:50, I started to win a lot more games and climbed from Silver to Gold in competitive pretty easy as well. Most Moira main's will tell you the same thing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

mic only groups are where its at. won 4 placements in a row there just down to comms. will be setting up mic only groups if i don't see any.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

I've been playing a lot of Moira lately and I've found is best to switch play styles with her depending on who the second healer is.
    If he's a Zen, Brig or Lucio I'll go about 75% heal. If it's Mercy or Ana I'll go 50:50.

I think people underestimate her damage ability though as I've finished with gold damage and heals quite often, even in comp games. (plat SR)
    Having a hero that can do that much damage and healing simultaneously should be used as such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Watching some of the plays with Hammond. He looks OP as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck or maybe it's just because I'm watching good players use him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Watching some of the plays with Hammond. He looks OP as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck or maybe it's just because I'm watching good players use him.
    How could a high mobility, high health, high DPS hero be OP? :P Expect to see nerfs before it goes live. Having said that based on what I've seen it will also be a high skill ceiling hero and some people will pull of stuff no one ever dream of and tons of copy cat will fail to do :)

People don't care as much in QP but most still care to some extent. Not if you're playing your best and failing, but more when people are playing characters obviously badly or are being hard countered but won't change. It still is pretty annoying/frustrating.

Not saying you're playing Moira bad or wrong specifically, just saying that people do get salty in QP a lot too - I almost never play comp either but the actual mood is mostly fine though and pretty similar to quick play (at least at Bronze/Silver/Gold levels).

Having fun is definitely the important part but it should still be a decent team effort (at least in QP I mean). A DPS Moira is usually unhelpful in most cases simply because it's depriving the team of great healing potential even though it is very easy to get gold elim/dmg/object.

Once I started playing Moira as a hard healer rather than DPS or even 50:50, I started to win a lot more games and climbed from Silver to Gold in competitive pretty easy as well. Most Moira main's will tell you the same thing really.
    Well the only people I've come across that have been angry enough to send me messages are usually from the other team when I do well with a character they don't like Sombra, Hanzo, Sym etc.
    Usually 'Omg (insert character here) is so annoying'
    I've never gotten anything from a teammate asking me to switch.
    He looks like he is going o be a lot of fun. Looking forward to him reaching live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Well the only people I've come across that have been angry enough to send me messages are usually from the other team when I do well with a character they don't like Sombra, Hanzo, Sym etc.
    Usually 'Omg (insert character here) is so annoying'
    I've never gotten anything from a teammate asking me to switch.

He looks like he is going o be a lot of fun. Looking forward to him reaching live.
    He is going to be a high skill tank.

He is going to be a high skill tank.
    I agree, his mobility is going to be be very high once people get used to how he handles.
    And his shield being stronger the more enemies that are nearby will make him a great brawler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

No more Cancer set ups defending the point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

fixxxer wrote: »

I'll still play Cancer set ups. No shame. Other team will feed, tilt and at no point will a switch to Hammond even enter their pretty little heads

fixxxer wrote: »

I dunno with the new grouping up ability a fully on comms 6stack cancer set up will be even harder to stop.

orissa shields/rein shields, zarya bubbles, zen discords, moira heals all with odd damage orb and bastion bastion's:)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

New sym should be a cancer set up's nightmare with the teleporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I dunno with the new grouping up ability a fully on comms 6stack cancer set up will be even harder to stop.

orissa shields/rein shields, zarya bubbles, zen discords, moira heals all with odd damage orb and bastion bastion's:)

Bastion, Torb, Rein, Orissa, Brigette and Mercy.

So many shields, so much armour, so many heals, Orissa and Brigette keeping you away with Halt and flail swings, and then res on top of that.

FTA69 wrote:
    "If you're OCD and you know it wash your hands..."

TitianGerm wrote:
    So many shields, so much armour, so many heals, Orissa and Brigette keeping you away with Halt and flail swings, and then res on top of that.

TitianGerm wrote:
    Bastion, Torb, Rein, Orissa, Brigette and Mercy.

Yep very good set up, personally I'd swap torb with zen, even more heals and the discord helps bastion make **** of the like of a pharmercy before they can be effective.

That's just personal preference though.

Did 6 placement games last night using the Find a Group. Lost two and won four. We had a six stack for the first two games but there was so much pointless chatter on the coms it was impossible to coordinate, the exact opposite of the problem I usually have. After two defeats four of us stayed together and built around the blueberry's picking Hanzo and Genji and got in to a really good rhythm, steaming through four handy victories.

It's so strange hearing coms on PS4 bu it makes a huge difference (when people shut the **** up about nonsense).

I've started shot calling again after about 3 seasons to saying nothing, even ended up adding last night's 6 stack as friends it went that well lol. Loving the group up feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Placements done. I reckon I lost most of them (some serious donkey teams). Placed plat with higher points than I ended last season.... Oookay then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I lost my final placement game due to the game hard-locking my system.

Just don't care anymore tbh.
    I can be doing EVERYTHING necessary (kills as Pharah, healing/anti-dive/pushing as Brigitte, heal as Moira/Zenyatta) and still lose because my team are bumblefúcking idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I lost my final placement game due to the game hard-locking my system.

Just don't care anymore tbh.
    I can be doing EVERYTHING necessary (kills as Pharah, healing/anti-dive/pushing as Brigitte, heal as Moira/Zenyatta) and still lose because my team are bumblefúcking idiots.

It's a game that be an utter ****storm of gowlbags at times. I think a lot of people, particularly in gold just play it as a run and gun. But as someone said earlier, loads of people are just **** at it so I don't expect everyone to be good at it. I'm not amazing either really.

Hows quake :)

Had a junkrat double mine to get on point first, we started that fight 5 Vs 6 as he died in .4 of a second. Like why use the massive burst damage cc ability to get on point before tanks and healers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I have finally reached Plat, and it's 100% thanks to LFG. Having some great games with consistent comms for the first time on PS4. It's like a new game!

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I have finally reached Plat, and it's 100% thanks to LFG. Having some great games with consistent comms for the first time on PS4. It's like a new game!

it really is. I've had some amazing games this week. even a game where no one was using comms but having balanced team was enough for us to have an epic hold, loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Im still on the fence about Hammond. His abilities are just so our of whack with the norm. There is no doubt he is purely there to break the back of a hard stop at chokes. He will def be hit with the nerf bat as some of the cooldowns from what I see are way to quick. As a tank player ill definitely give him a go anyway.

Im still on the fence about Hammond. His abilities are just so out of whack with the norm.
    There is no doubt he is purely there to break the back of a hard stop at chokes.
    He will def be hit with the nerf bat as some of the cooldowns from what I see are way to quick. As a tank player I'll definitely give him a go anyway.
    How so? Ground pound, (Doomfist) grappling hook (Widow) and temporary shields (Kind of Brigitte/Doomfist)?
    The only new ability I can see is the constant mobility upon turning into a ball.
    Not being snarky by the way, I'm genuinely asking.

I heard he is getting a nerf on the PTR, might have gotten it already.

Im still on the fence about Hammond. His abilities are just so our of whack with the norm. There is no doubt he is purely there to break the back of a hard stop at chokes. He will def be hit with the nerf bat as some of the cooldowns from what I see are way to quick. As a tank player ill definitely give him a go anyway.

How so? Ground pound, (Doomfist) grappling hook (Widow) and temporary shields (Kind of Brigitte/Doomfist)? The only new ability I can see is the constant mobility upon turning into a ball. Not being snarky by the way, I'm genuinely asking.

Well he is a hit scan tank that can boob and stun multiple opponents, while simultaneously giving a huge armour buff, armour being the most effective type of health in the game, an then has a high mobility means of escape.

It's nuts hit him with bridgite armour a zen orb and the ****ers practically invincible for.. ~30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well he is a hit scan tank that can boob and stun multiple opponents, while simultaneously giving a huge armour buff, armour being the most effective type of health in the game, an then has a high mobility means of escape.

It's nuts hit him with bridgite armour a zen orb and the ****ers practically invincible for.. ~30 seconds.

Ha.... Boob :pac:

and an AW LETS BREAK IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Also when a tank can get to pharrah levels of height int he game....speaking as someone who hates that wench

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement