Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Also when a tank can get to pharrah levels of height int he game....speaking as someone who hates that wench

D:VA has no problem doing that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mickeroo wrote: »
    D:VA has no problem doing that either.

Nor Winston, cant count how many times I've ended up on Pharah duty as Winny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It can be tough playing as Moira. Does anyone find themselves getting heckled semi-regularly just because they see you using drain to recharge and decide you're doing nothing?

Had it in a game just there, guy constantly moaning about how I apparently wasn't healing.....end of game, calls me a 'cancer noob' and blames loss on our '0 heal dps moira'.... best healer in game, out-healing their Moira and Mercy (nothing spectacular just 10k in the 8m, but still).

Never happens with Mercy even if I'm doing terribly with her and not getting much healing in. But Moira....I've had comp games where I've done 20-22k healing and still have a teammate moaning I'm not healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I have noticed that before as well, particularly if say a genji lands on the back line, you try to fight him off and someone dies "uh **** sake moira do your job" . There are times when you're not going to out heal someones damage either and youre better off going for the kill, of course the guy will think you could have kept him alive

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

plus yay...more knock backs and the return and enforcement of dive comp (with Hammond).

When this guy drops the pace of the game is going to quicken more as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

plus yay...more knock backs and the return and enforcement of dive comp (with Hammond).

When this guy drops the pace of the game is going to quicken more as well.

Hammond is a weird dive though. Proper mechanically skilled players will destroy with him while average players will make him seem pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Do folks here have their profile set to public? I generally play tank but this season I've clocked up more time playing ana. I recently set my profile to public and generally if I select a different role, the leader will reassing roles..basically making me play ana. It's happened a few times, I generally leave as I dont' want to pick a healer.

Going back to private now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I have mine set to public, but I play Tank, Support or Junkrat so I can fit in fairly easily.

I leave it public. **** them how else can I justify my torb picking bar my Winrate with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Sight808 wrote:
    Do folks here have their profile set to public? I generally play tank but this season I've clocked up more time playing ana. I recently set my profile to public and generally if I select a different role, the leader will reassing roles..basically making me play ana. It's happened a few times, I generally leave as I dont' want to pick a healer.

I think it's a dumb idea, and if it absolutely had to be implemented it should be public by default and opt into private, have to play 20questions every new group now just to set up a comp.

• Advertisement

Could just remove it altogether, it's only ever used for people to moan about how many hours someone has on a character. group leader was removing people who had it on private in a game this morning, so toxic

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Could just remove it altogether, it's only ever used for people to moan about how many hours someone has on a character. group leader was removing people who had it on private in a game this morning, so toxic

But if you go into comp you want to know what you are dealing with. I have 145 hours or so in junk, 130 odd on reaper, a **** ton on rein same with Anna. If I joined and played Winston and only have 5 hours of total I would expect to be told to **** off comp isn't for practice

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone here watch Rag Tags Toxic Coaching series on YouTube?

Well now Stylosa is going to do a similar series and is getting very defensive over the whole thing.

https://youtu.be/ljRBfDWkP3w

He announces the series at the start of this video.

https://youtu.be/fUMd7IYB6d4

Rag Tag makes a reply above.

https://youtu.be/fTsXqmwvITk

And Sty has a massive whinge in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Anyone here watch Rag Tags Toxic Coaching series on YouTube?

Well now Stylosa is going to do a similar series and is getting very defensive over the whole thing.

https://youtu.be/ljRBfDWkP3w

He announces the series at the start of this video.

https://youtu.be/fUMd7IYB6d4

Rag Tag makes a reply above.

https://youtu.be/fTsXqmwvITk

And Sty has a massive whinge in this one.

Jesus Christ - how do people listen to that? Couldn't make it past 2 seconds of the first video. Why does he sound like he's recording at gunpoint?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Jesus Christ - how do people listen to that? Couldn't make it past 2 seconds of the first video. Why does he sound like he's recording at gunpoint?

I used to watch his videos when he started first but he's painful to listen to now.

YouTube drama :rolleyes:

YouTube drama :rolleyes:

He's all over Twitter as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't like that Stylosa guy at all. Takes fake enthusiasm and dials it up to 12. Also, having to sponsor for the chance of getting of toxic coaching is greasy but apparently Youtubers are losing money big time these days so I guess they have to do stuff like this.

What a thieving C.N.T. I used to like Sty but this is a rip off any way you swing it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Finally getting back into this. I jumped on to test out the new Symmetra and have a go of Bridget and just got hooked again.

• Advertisement

The new symmetra is better suited to attack rather defense now. The teleport is incredible in specific situation but useless the majority of the time. E.g. your entire team flanking on Volskaya on both points. Her beam is difficult to aim so she's basically a tank buster now. The turrets are an annoyance. Useful to get the enemy to turn around as they walk through a choke. I often use the teleport as a distraction in the middle of a fight. People still see it as a high priority target so I'd throw one down wherever it will be seen to occupy an enemy. That trick won't last long though.

I literally have no idea how to fight sym now. Those turrets just pop up every where and are a nuisance. Her orbs seem to stronger as well. TP is pointless now, and very, very, very situational. I used V1 and V2 Sym a lot, she may as well be a different character now.

The teleporter seems very useful for getting high ground when attacking a point, but not much else. It's going to get a lot more tweaking before they settle I think. She feels like they have run out of ideas to make her viable but still staying within a framework of who the character was originally.

fixxxer wrote: »
    The teleporter seems very useful for getting high ground when attacking a point, but not much else. It's going to get a lot more tweaking before they settle I think. She feels like they have run out of ideas to make her viable but still staying within a framework of who the character was originally.

Well it can let you set up the likes of rein in places he shouldn't be able to get on defence, mcrees etc things like that.

Bridgette seems to have been a big success, you see her in plenty of games but not too many. In fact i think the support characters are quite well balanced at the moment, well certainly around plat level there always seems to be a good mix.

Actually I forgot ana, she still needs a boost imo

Well it can let you set up the likes of rein in places he shouldn't be able to get on defence, mcrees etc things like that.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Bridgette seems to have been a big success, you see her in plenty of games but not too many. In fact i think the support characters are quite well balanced at the moment, well certainly around plat level there always seems to be a good mix.

Actually I forgot ana, she still needs a boost imo

Return her to her pre needed nano state. With the power creep of easy to play heroes being super powerful skill heros really should have the ability to turn/dominate games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Back in Ireland, don't have a capable PC yet....so I bought overwatch for my PS4.

It's a very different game and experience.

Anyone with a PS4 who needs a friend ...please add me SeannyLovesTea

https://psnprofiles.com/SeannyLovesTea

I dont find it all that different myself since I got the pc, only difference I notice is I haven't got enough fingers to do everything!

• Advertisement

I'm going to switch Jump on to L3 so I can still look around while in the air and move interact to X and see how it goes. Anyone else have any joy reconfiguring the standard controls for more accuracy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement