Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I dont find it all that different myself since I got the pc, only difference I notice is I haven't got enough fingers to do everything!

-Aiming is different,
    -Controls are completely different
    -Skill levels
    -Communication with randoms
    -Amount of people playing

all very different I find

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

SeantheMan wrote: »
    -Aiming is different,
    -Controls are completely different
    -Skill levels
    -Communication with randoms
    -Amount of people playing

all very different I find

Yep well I guess I thought controls was a given. I havent noticed any difference in skill levels although im about to finish my placements so maybe i'll know more then. I found communication much better on pc until they added the group up feature, now i can get 6 on mic on both just by picking the right group.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'm going to switch Jump on to L3 so I can still look around while in the air and move interact to X and see how it goes. Anyone else have any joy reconfiguring the standard controls for more accuracy?

Yeah, I normally have jump on L2/L3, melee to L2 for Winston

PC was a totally different game to console I found, must faster reaction and better play even at lower tiers. Went from stuck at 2300 on PS4 to 1650 on PC, leapt to 2650 as soon as I went back to PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My friend plays on PC with an XB1 controller. Seems to do pretty OK when we play together! Depends on the character I suppose, obviously someone like McCree or Widow is going to have a particularly crazy difference.

Any PS4 players here ?..add me :P

I've had to change controls and buttons for each character nearly.
    Completely changed for Rein, Lucio, Winston, Moira, Pharah.

Pharah and Lucio definitely needed jump/hover binded to L1 or instead of X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

My friend plays on PC with an XB1 controller. Seems to do pretty OK when we play together! Depends on the character I suppose, obviously someone like McCree or Widow is going to have a particularly crazy difference.

Would be at a severe disadvantage using a controller i would expect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Any PS4 players here ?..add me :P

I've had to change controls and buttons for each character nearly.
    Completely changed for Rein, Lucio, Winston, Moira, Pharah.

Pharah and Lucio definitely needed jump/hover binded to L1 or instead of X

Pharah's hover is also bound to L2 by default... total game-changer when I realised.

I'm guessing i would be better on pc if i used a controller, ill have to try it out some time

I'm guessing i would be better on pc if i used a controller, ill have to try it out some time

You wouldn't.

There is no aim assist on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

75% w/r on zarya boiiiiiiiiiiiis

• Advertisement

You wouldn't.

There is no aim assist on PC.

I can't even melee on pc cause just have a basic b mouse and cant handle any more keyboard buttons. I have to stick to characters like zarya who dont have many abilities until inter a better mouse

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can't even melee on pc cause just have a basic b mouse and cant handle any more keyboard buttons. I have to stick to characters like zarya who dont have many abilities until inter a better mouse

Get one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Proteus-Spectrum-Programmable-200-12-000/dp/B019NFPE2G/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1531431626&sr=1-3&keywords=logitech+g502

Melee is a lot more useful on certain characters compared to others.
    I'd advise you put melee on right click for Winston.

V and T are easy to reach unused buttons that you could bind melee to for other chars

yes I actually did stick Winston melee on the mouse, he's probably the least amount of commands

I actually don't use WASD, I use the arrow keys....so key bindings can be problematic! Like Ivory, for a good while until I got a new mouse I wasn't even able to Melee with most characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I actually don't use WASD, I use the arrow keys....so key bindings can be problematic! Like Ivory, for a good while until I got a new mouse I wasn't even able to Melee with most characters.

I find having the extra mouse buttons a major help, all of my e abilities are on mouse 4 instead, all my Ulta are a push of the wheel. The melee is to mouse 5 to everyone.

I find having the extra mouse buttons a major help, all of my e abilities are on mouse 4 instead, all my Ulta are a push of the wheel. The melee is to mouse 5 to everyone.

I think that messes up your aim ever so slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I think that messes up your aim ever so slightly

Maybe but most of the abilities you don't need to aim really if you think about it once pressed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Made it back to Platinum by just playing solid, calling shots & getting lucky.

Update.
    Lost 4 games in a row & nearly back to Gold :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Played in a six stack the other day for my placements five lads who've been gold and a random from LFG. The random was a Mercy main (turned out she was Bronze) who had no mic.

Ended up going 9 and 1 with the mercy having an average of 4k healing per 10 minutes and died at least 15 times per game from trying to get off crazy rezes and 1v1 DPS.

I don't think I've ever seen someone playing so poorly before.

Thank feck our second healer was doing a good job with Anna.

I generally heal but played all 10 games as Tank so a new role for me

Placed 2404 which was 20 above where I finished last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wish they just got rid of placements. They mean nothing.

Last season I went 9-1 and placed 3350-ish, stopped playing at 3200 and I decayed for the rest of the season to 3000.

Did this season's placements and went 2-8 and placed 3195. I was terrible, awful and still placed more or less where I finished last season while I was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

you don't use the wasd keys? how do you jump?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Wish they just got rid of placements. They mean nothing.

Last season I went 9-1 and placed 3350-ish, stopped playing at 3200 and I decayed for the rest of the season to 3000.

Did this season's placements and went 2-8 and placed 3195. I was terrible, awful and still placed more or less where I finished last season while I was playing.

yeah they're pretty much useless tbh. I don't understand the point of them myself anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

You're guaranteed up to 10 games a season where you get some fellow try-hards on your side:)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The player base would be smaller without placements I reckon, they're a trick to get people back playing every couple of months. I know I wouldn't have spent another 50 hours on the game last season if I hadn't logged in to do my placements.

Yeah i like them myself. It kind of feels like you've a fresh-ish start, I tend to change up my character choices and try something new for the new season then. I have made big jumps in SR before so I wouldn't say they're as useless as people think.

Sight808 wrote: »
    you don't use the wasd keys? how do you jump?

Shift key. I use shift/ctrl/delete/end/page down/ins 0 as my primary keys for all games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

They're for newer players joining the game more so than existing players. I don't think there is much opportunity to jump up in SR.

I hate them though because first you have to play 10 awful games and then it also unbalances the ranks for a while after. So you have people in platinum or gold etc that have no right to be there and you get games of variable quality while that settles.

• Advertisement

I want to play some comp games with my housemates but they're 600-900SR below me...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement