Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Was playing comp last night with a group that just kept trying random ****, it almost worked, almost. On attack in lunar colony we started every fight from space, the other team actually came out to fight us, mad 6v6 brawl in space. We had quad tank so we won that fight. Then on to defence, sym teleport the whole team up onto the barrier at the top, jump down on the team when they get to the point, that worked as well. The game went to overtime and they won cause they figured out how to beat us in space and we ran out of time. Good laugh although I need to get back to diamond now :D
    Used the sum Tele cheese on attack to take volskya a yesterday, dva eat halt whole team release across was glorious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wrecking Ball live now. First character I really dislike from a design POV.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Daaaamn.
    If this is what's in the next level...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Had probably my most satisfying kill with Sombra in a random game today; their Phoenix was starting the ultimate out in open space and I hacked them as they started the voice line only to have them plunge to their death a second later :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Hammond is fuuuun.... He'll be meta in comp unless some nerfs come in. Only played one game but his grappling hook is hard to use so far. His guns feel too acurate....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

fixxxer wrote: »

i dont even know what happened there. He looks insane

Whats his counters?

Whats his counters?

Rolled off the ledge, grappling hooked the building, swung in and did an mid air slam, finished off with dropping my ult. Easy :D

Junkrat, Reaper, even Bastion to a certain extent. If a team focuses him down he actually melts fairly easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Whats his counters?

Sombra is a strong counter

Actually, yeah. I went flying off the map in Ilios a couple of times because she hacked me while I was fluting about with the grappling hook.

Incidentally, I wonder if it's just me but this is the first time I've seen Overwatch have frame rate issues. Granted, there were 12 Hammonds on the petrol station in route 66 swinging in circles off the pole.

• Advertisement

I had a few issues on xbox just after the update, a comp game that never started and some crazy match ups in comp, seemed better this morning I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

There was a known issue on Xbox after the update with frame rates yeah, thought I was the only one.

Blizzard advised a hard reset of the console to resolve and that worked perfectly for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There was framerate issues on PC as well. Few people I was playing with yesterday were complaining of low framerates and random dips where there were never any before.

bloody wrecking ball wrecking everything

Hard reset? That seems pretty drastic. Might try delete and reinstall if it persists.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hard reset? That seems pretty drastic. Might try delete and reinstall if it persists.

He means holding down the power button on the Xbox for 6 seconds until it does a full system shutdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Sorry yeah just full power down and back up, mispoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

A tracer was mincing me as Hammond yesterday although in comp I'd have more heals and DPS to deal with her.

I can't out run her and I have juuust enough lack of mobility to get away.

It's gonna be really sad when people get used to new Sombra. I spent a couple of games last night on the opposite team as a Zen main. I just spawn camped him so whenever he came out I appeared somewhere behind him, hacked him, melted him and disappeared. Would probably be considered bullying by some but in my defense I am a bad bad sombra player.

I just got back to diamond with mercy and they nerf her again the bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

It's gonna be really sad when people get used to new Sombra. I spent a couple of games last night on the opposite team as a Zen main. I just spawn camped him so whenever he came out I appeared somewhere behind him, hacked him, melted him and disappeared. Would probably be considered bullying by some but in my defense I am a bad bad sombra player.

This is only acceptable if you play mind games by spamming "boop" in the vicinity before killing him.

when a group is called something like" i only play bastion" i always join, let the ****show commence , fun games

I think I hate the new Sombra. Every time I turn around there's one behind me.

I think I hate the new Sombra. Every time I turn around there's one behind me.

I haven't played in two weeks so didn't realize there were new changes after being pushed.

What did they change with Sombra?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it's infinit invis/translocator that was added from the ptr, she moves slower and can't contest while invisible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I haven't played in two weeks so didn't realize there were new changes after being pushed.

Unlimited Stealth and Translocater duration, the CDs are a little bit higher and the TL can be destroyed now tho.

Can see the hack time increasing again but we'll see

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think it's infinit invis/translocator that was added from the ptr, she moves slower and can't contest while invisible.

Hang on.... She can stay invisible permanently?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hang on.... She can stay invisible permanently?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Infinite stealth, stealth movement speed boost brought from 75% down to 50%.

Translocator can be destoyed by enemies or destroyed by Sombra herself.
    If you use the translocator or an enemy destroys it, it goes on a 4 second cooldown, if you manually destroy it it goes on a 2 second cooldown.

She can now interrupt her own reload to hack people and they made the hitbox for the translocator smaller to stop it from bouncing off of scenery when it's thrown.

She can't complete or contest objectives while in stealth anymore.

Basically EMP is the only part of her kit that isn't countered by damage anymore but she plays like a slightly slower version of her old self.
    The ability to spawn camp with her now is very high if you so choose. Been bullying a few heroes in quickplay with her.

That is all I can remember off the top of my head but in the next patch they will be making the hitbox of her head smaller so Widows and Hanzos won't be getting as many easy kills against her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Doomfist destorying me lately

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement