Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I really like this new group feature. Almost every time I've played it recently, the attitudes and coordination were good as were the pre-game bants. The only exception were three english smurfs who were super-racist on comms and chat. Not at me or anything but just being trolls and bragging about the games they threw to get down to gold and going on about some ronnie dude who can't swim. Needless to say, I left that group and sent a report. Other than that one group, all of the others have been a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

yep similar, best season I've had but every now and again get a dodgy group, to be expected i guess. often people being toxic but don't even realise that they are toxic. I just see out the game and leave. Highlight has been some super positive dudes, had a guy last night that one by one gave us all a good review after the games we won lol, ended up playing 10 games as a group which I doubt I've even managed with my mates!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A tracer was mincing me as Hammond yesterday although in comp I'd have more heals and DPS to deal with her.

I can't out run her and I have juuust enough lack of mobility to get away.

Winston's just an ult battery to Tracer tbh

Having a decent time last few days solo-queuing, I flex anyway so LFG means little to me.
    Career best 2650-ish, lots of games going into 4/5 rounds though.

I find in solo q you might get 1-3 max on mic , in lfg you can get 6 just by joining a group thats mic only. I still solo q a lot though as I dont always want to try hard or bother talking/listening. But when I do, it makes a hell of a difference.

Played loads over the weekend, some great groups, plenty of not so great ones but great buzz overall. Had a zarya yesterday who just put down the controller after the first 2 min, said the team was just crap so he wasnt wasting his time lol. I done them all a favour and quit so they wouldnt have to go through another round of listening to him sulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Back playing competative. 2742 after the 10 placements of which I lost 8. Now I remember this pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Had the worst run of Mystery Heroes games last night that I ever remember. One match would be up against 2 Torbs and a Bastion. The next, 2 Syms and 2 Tracers. One match we were even up against 3 Orisas, 2 Pharahs and a Zenyatta for a while. All the while we were pulling nothing but healers, snipers and McCree/Doomfist.

Lady Luck can be a cruel b*tch sometimes.

Having a great season. Hit diamond as usual with support only. On my main I got to 2994 playing fully flex, lost a few then so trying to claw that back. The lfg seems to have improved solo queuing as well, the likelihood of getting a decent team seems to be much higher than previous seasons. A lot of one trick dps types can just go into lfg, seems a lot of flex players solo queue so there's no hassle making that sweet 2-2-2. Good times

I need to get better at orisa and dps flankers.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Fair play man!

Whenever I do the LFG i'm always look for 3 man groups, i find the 6 person ones can be fairly chaotic. Still loving the feature though, and looking forward to some skins tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

We got an Irish player icon at last! :D

2rnyck7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Ah man those new skins are awesome. I want them all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm torn on the new Moira skin. It's not quite as good as the IRA/Blackwatch one, but its so patriotic.

Wow, you can really feel the difference with the Mercy nerf, interesting times.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What they do to Mercy?

I'm liking the change to Ana's ult, has made it a lot more useful.

Healing reduced from 60 per second to 50.

i must watch twitch and see what the pros are doing with the hamster, hard to know what the meta is now cause he's in every game but the team isnt built around him.; It probably will be soon if he stays anywhere near that powerful

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Probably because nobody knows how to play him right yet but he just seems like a big ball of free ult charge to me.

highest win rate of all characters at the moment

Probably a reflection of the crappy rank I play at, he seems completely useless beyond stalling the payload/point.

I love seeing a Hammond when playing. So easy to get ult charged. He hasn't much armor and his shields don't last long, but people still seem to be happy to dive in head first and hope for the best.

Did my lucioball placements, finished 3150 so worth it for the Gold weapon points I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've both accounts to Plat now. First time since the original Mercy meta where healers were forced to play her.

The LFG option is a godsend. I'm not losing games because of throwers/griefers and people actually work together.

64% win rate with my main account and playing Moira, Mercy, Zen and Lucio with a bit of Reinhardt.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Probably a reflection of the crappy rank I play at, he seems completely useless beyond stalling the payload/point.

I find him surprisingly annoying at plat. He seems to rock into the backlines, disrupt everyone and get out way better than other tanks. I'm no DPS main but I find it hard to apply damage to him when he's a ball. Just pie in the sky thinking but because he's spherical I've less visual clues as to direction changes unlike other characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I find him surprisingly annoying at plat. He seems to rock into the backlines, disrupt everyone and get out way better than other tanks. I'm no DPS main but I find it hard to apply damage to him when he's a ball. Just pie in the sky thinking but because he's spherical I've less visual clues as to direction changes unlike other characters.

Try sombra. When he swings up to slam, he just pops out of the ball in front of your team. Reaper is another option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Try sombra. When he swings up to slam, he just pops out of the ball in front of your team. Reaper is another option

Just focus the hairy rat bastard, you can burn him quick enough.

Hilarious side note though, comp game our roadhog and Hammond got in a fight in junker town point a attack over near cliffs after you pass the sheds.

Near end of game someone goes wheres hog as we were metres from completing map... Turns out hog and their Hammond were still having there 1v1 for the whole bloody round.

Trying to make a change from supports and 'main' Tracer. Such a frustrating and at times brilliant char. I can go from a game where I literally can't get a kill and have to swap off to soldier or like the one I just played where I have 42 elims and gold dmg. If you're versus a team that just can't or won't counter her she is so devastating. I wish I could stick the pulse bomb more consistently though.

Anyone put any time in to Hammond? I've been picking him constantly in quickplay but the comps are always such a mess, I end up isolated and dead in seconds. Happy enough I have a handle on his movement but hesitant to bring him in to comp just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

fixxxer wrote: »
    Anyone put any time in to Hammond? I've been picking him constantly in quickplay but the comps are always such a mess, I end up isolated and dead in seconds. Happy enough I have a handle on his movement but hesitant to bring him in to comp just yet.

You really need a good coordinated team as everyone is sitting waiting on the Hammond move to destroy him once he goes airborne

He's my go too skirmish character at the moment, I can't mechanically play him well enough, I also need to see a streamer or pro use him cause I'm not really sure what his angle is. his ult can be a pain in the ass and hes insanely mobile is all I've really gathered

IvoryTower wrote: »
    He's my go too skirmish character at the moment, I can't mechanically play him well enough, I also need to see a streamer or pro use him cause I'm not really sure what his angle is. his ult can be a pain in the ass and hes insanely mobile is all I've really gathered

His ult is wonderful for shutting down a choke point rush. Drop them mines in the gates of Hanamura for example and that's that till they're cleared. Also works well enough with Zarya.

His ult is wonderful for shutting down a choke point rush. Drop them mines in the gates of Hanamura for example and that's that till they're cleared. Also works well enough with Zarya.

Yeah it does but it just feels strange that as a tank he has little survivability I just. Even when he turns in to a ball to roll away he's pretty easily taken down. He's also super weak to crowd control so Brigette or Mc Cree shut him down super easily. Obviously he needs counters but he feels half baked at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

fixxxer wrote: »
    Yeah it does but it just feels strange that as a tank he has little survivability I just. Even when he turns in to a ball to roll away he's pretty easily taken down. He's also super weak to crowd control so Brigette or Mc Cree shut him down super easily. Obviously he needs counters but he feels half baked at the moment.
    He is a reversed Torbjörn; Torbjörn is very static in his power relative to skill and hence is OP at low skill due to turret but poor at higher skill levels where the turret has much smaller impact. Hammond on the other hand is the opposite and is very much a skill based hero where at lower levels he's a death trap but at top tier he's a god killing machine and is often the key for a team winning or losing a professional game due to his insane ability to engage / disengage etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement