Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

fixxxer wrote: »
    Can we start the Hyyyyypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for HERO 29 reveal at Blizzcon now????
    We're due a support character, no? Some kind of dps/support combo ala Sombra but then again we have a Torbjörn rework as well so perhaps a anti dive tank to complement? Or an another indirect damage dealer ala Junkrat (and I really hope it's from same affiliation as Junkrat as outsider).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A new hitscan dps would be nice, or just give mccree a rework.

We need another small animal in a giant ball

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

OMG just give us another Junkrat Blizzard. Two Junkats on every team, every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That moment when you're about to throw teach the team a lesson for not picking a second healer on Hanamura defense and you decide against it and still go on to roflstomp on both def and att solo healing as Moira (without even a hero on the team that self heals). The world is a crazy place right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Familiar scene.

Solo queue = 3 golds for Moira and -20SR for you

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

penev10 wrote: »
    Familiar scene.

Solo queue = 3 golds for Moira and -20SR for you
    Moira is easy to solo with though.

Unless you don't have enough tanks to build ult fast.
    Or your DPS decide to wander off by themselves constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Spot on, that's why I main her. You need to be able to look after yourself in solo queue, no point going Ana or zen as you won't get the protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Picked up a humble bundle to get a game to solely heal in and leave my other account for playing what I want

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Moira is easy to solo with though.

Unless you don't have enough tanks to build ult fast.
    Or your DPS decide to wander off by themselves constantly.

Is there any other way to play :pac:

Not been able to pick Moira much lately. Lots of teams with two snipers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Looks like he'll be putting out more DPS in my eyes. I'll be interested to see how it works out. The ult is just more area denial like Hammond I guess.

Looks like he'll be putting out more DPS in my eyes. I'll be interested to see how it works out. The ult is just more area denial like Hammond I guess.

Area denial that works better against anything with armour. Hanemoura, lunar space colony a for example would be. Ery strong depending on how long it persists once out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Finally un installed overwatch yesterday, was one of the best games in a long time but last two season just haven't been fun.

This boob stun interrupt meta is negative craic, took a break start of season but came back last night for a few games and after two games found myself getting mad and frustrated again.

Anyone else feeling the fun is gone, or have I just burned out on the game.?

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Finally un installed overwatch yesterday, was one of the best games in a long time but last two season just haven't been fun.

This boob stun interrupt meta is negative craic, took a break start of season but came back last night for a few games and after two games found myself getting mad and frustrated again.

What?? But who's gonna shot call when we get things wrong??:confused:

I mean that genuinely.

fixxxer wrote:
    What?? But who's gonna shot call when we get things wrong??

fixxxer wrote:
    I mean that genuinely.

To be fair I was turning into an ass hole on more than one occasion due to pure frustration in what is supposed to be a fun relaxing activity after a day's work.
    So apologies for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

We're playing a lot lately, 3 of us on most nights, a few other friends come and go. Having a good season but I need to add a couple of characters in to freshen things up. Looking forward to Blops 4 as well just to give me another out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm frustrated but only because I peaked high (2781 iirc), went on a losing streak (terrible 6 stack) and now I'm just going 50-50 all night.

And it's just hard to figure out where it's going wrong when you're losing, or what went right when you're winning.

Think I'll take a break too, maybe learn a fighting game again.

It went a long time ago. Lfg is terrible as even when you get a team balance you like ie 2-2-2 you get someone with 128 hours Anna, one genji playing the genji which is a throw pick tbh, random comps in solo are a mare. They massively op new characters without balancing the older ones, and when they do it's usually too late

I'm not using LFG much, more so because im too impatient to wait for a team. After a few really good nights, last night we kept getting the 3dps instalock, made me wish we had of used lfg. It's the sort of thing I use when I know i'm going to be on for a few hours.

• Advertisement

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I'm not using LFG much, more so because im too impatient to wait for a team. After a few really good nights, last night we kept getting the 3dps instalock, made me wish we had of used lfg. It's the sort of thing I use when I know i'm going to be on for a few hours.

Lfg also sucks because you could win 9 I. A row, lose the 10th everyone blames everyone and leaves despite sometimes you just play a better team or a few ays were badly done ie overusing ults or using them when you are already lost

To be fair I was turning into an ass hole on more than one occasion due to pure frustration in what is supposed to be a fun relaxing activity after a day's work.
    So apologies for that.

Nah dude, I wasn't being down on you. I can think of a load of wins we got because you kept us focused :)

It's a shame you're not enjoying it but I can see why. I don't play much comp these days but I still play the arcade modes and mystery heros to relax in an evening. Hoping this new torb built puts a hold on the non-stop Brigette in every single game.

That's why I think it only really suits when you're playing for a few hours. You're grouping up for one game essentially

Nah dude, I wasn't being down on you. I can think of a load of wins we got because you kept us focused :)

It's a shame you're not enjoying it but I can see why. I don't play much comp these days but I still play the arcade modes and mystery heros to relax in an evening. Hoping this new torb built puts a hold on the non-stop Brigette in every single game.
    Torb ult into hanemoura a, rialtoa and c, lunar, and a few other maps will single handedly win fights. Great when it does it for you, bull**** when it does it against you

Torb ult into hanemoura a, rialtoa and c, lunar, and a few other maps will single handedly win fights. Great when it does it for you, bull**** when it does it against you

Yeah they'll have to tone him down before release/ Its insane as it is now.

Yeah they'll have to tone him down before release/ Its insane as it is now.

And this is the problem with games like this the power creep from day 1 state to now is insane

I think someone hit nail on the head a few posts ago.

All these new heroes wrecked the original balance.

Bridgite can shield, stun, knock back at range, heal an ally, all whilst healing herself passively during her attacks.

Doomfist can knock back, stun, one hit you, in a chain you can't interrupt.

Gerbel has high mobility, a stun which gives huge armour and an escape.

Moira has lock on dps, a fire and forget heal/damage, and high mobility escape.

And then mccree can roll half a metre.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

And this is the problem with games like this the power creep from day 1 state to now is insane

What power creep? Tracer is the balance and shes only been nerfed, Brigitte is literally the only hero you could call balance issues with imo, and shes just been nerfed and Torbs rework weakens her big time too.

Personally, I want to know what this Roadhog buff is that needs new animation. He's my guilty pleasure pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I think the LFG is a good function, only downside is you just get 2/2/2, if you've a crap tank player or dps then you're stuck with it.

I see a lot of it spilling over into just random non-group games (which I use for just playing dps) in terms of just 2/2/2. Don't see as much raging either. Although you still come across the odd tool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement