Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

What power creep? Tracer is the balance and shes only been nerfed, Brigitte is literally the only hero you could call balance issues with imo, and shes just been nerfed and Torbs rework weakens her big time too.

Anna came in defined a while meta to the poi t they had to nerf her. Doom fist came in had to be nerfed, brig has been nerfed still needs more work. So bra came in underpowered, so they over compensated buffed her she had to be brought back, Hammond when used proper is a nightmare to go against

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Certainly up to plat level I'm quite happy to see an enemy hamster

I think the game is pretty balanced at the moment, sure brig is strong but nothing like when we had the mercy meta etc. I'm not really sure what the meta is at the moment, Rein/Zarya still pretty strong, random teams playing dive, double snipers, you see them all pretty regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Yeah I'm finding there's a lot if diversity in teams comps at the moment. Maybe that's just on ps4. The balancing of the supports has been the best of the recent changes imo.

penev10 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm finding there's a lot if diversity in teams comps at the moment. Maybe that's just on ps4. The balancing of the supports has been the best of the recent changes imo.

I play on xbox/pc, it's equally messy across the board, no one really tied to any meta other than the idea of having a main tank/main healer. In saying that, we play with lucio/brig combo a lot, especially on KOTH maps, very hard to move if you can get to the point first

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anna came in defined a while meta to the poi t they had to nerf her. Doom fist came in had to be nerfed, brig has been nerfed still needs more work. So bra came in underpowered, so they over compensated buffed her she had to be brought back, Hammond when used proper is a nightmare to go against

And now Ana is the weakest healer by miles, shes gotten several buffs and is still weak, Doomfist is incredibly high skill, 98% of DFs I see are absolute dirt, a detriment to their team.

Are all the heroes not a nightmare when used proper? A good Hanzo, Tracer, Sombra or Reaper can dominate matches at Plat level, same with Brig and Lucio. Ive played games as Winston and gone 40+/0, I'm sure the enemy team thought I was a mare there.

The new heroes tend to be OP alright but power creep is well out imo, Brig is by far the biggest offender and ID say thats because shes so easy to play.

• Advertisement

And now Ana is the weakest healer by miles, shes gotten several buffs and is still weak, Doomfist is incredibly high skill, 98% of DFs I see are absolute dirt, a detriment to their team.

Are all the heroes not a nightmare when used proper? A good Hanzo, Tracer, Sombra or Reaper can dominate matches at Plat level, same with Brig and Lucio. Ive played games as Winston and gone 40+/0, I'm sure the enemy team thought I was a mare there.

The new heroes tend to be OP alright but power creep is well out imo, Brig is by far the biggest offender and ID say thats because shes so easy to play.
    She wasweak because they nerfed her to the ground but she is in a good state now almost 2 years after coming out... She's back in favour now actually. But they nerfed her ult, her nades, her rifles damage everything bar sleep dart I believe was nerfed from her original state which more proves my point. Mercy is weaker, zen is no longer used at all, its usually a mix of Anna lucio and brig now. If a monkey goes 40-0 you are playing against some of the worst players possible who don't know a counter pick

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ana and Doomfist are both meta at the moment far as I'm aware.

Moira is the support that I see the most this season. More Ana then before but she's so hard to get right. Lucio is strong now with his radius boost.

Doom is everywhere. Zarya has dropped a lot. Good bit of sombra. Lots of variety

She wasweak because they nerfed her to the ground but she is in a good state now almost 2 years after coming out... She's back in favour now actually. But they nerfed her ult, her nades, her rifles damage everything bar sleep dart I believe was nerfed from her original state which more proves my point. Mercy is weaker, zen is no longer used at all, its usually a mix of Anna lucio and brig now. If a monkey goes 40-0 you are playing against some of the worst players possible who don't know a counter pick

Fair, I didn't realise she was back, ive only picked up OW again this week, the last buff I knew of was the 70dmg, does she pass through barriers to heal or was that only talked about?

Im not sure how that proves your point about power creep though, she was powerful, got nerfed out of it, it took several significant buffs and Mercy getting a Nerf to make her relevant again. Wheres the power creep? Shes still roughly as powerul as when she was launched, just in different parts of her kit.

Agreed, they had a dude switch to Reaper but he had no idea what he was at. I just mean it that anyone can be an absolute pain if in the right hands, esp at Gold/Plat level.

Maybe were taking this differently but to me power creep would be the problem League has where everyone has 1000s of HP and millions of shield points, and so everyone is being buffed to do silly damage to keep up, in OW new heroes tend to be OP but they're still relatively balanced and within scope of everyone else, the games ttk,DPS, health, shield, armour and HPS are pretty similar to where it launched

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ana got another couple of buffs after the increase to damage. Her nano now instantly gives 300HP (450 if you 'nade first). So it's great for saving squishys or keeping a tank alive and turning a fight on top of its pre-existing utility with things like visor/blade.

The other changes were increasing ammo to 14 and letting her darts pass through full health allies so no more roadhog's fat arse blocking you healing a genji on the other side of the map.

The nerf to Mercy was also an indirect buff to her (and every other support really).

• Advertisement

The Anna passing through was a sideways move to me over a buff/nerf as before you could pre hit someone going into an engagement and they'd get a bit of healing at the start now they don't so it changes the set up

The Anna passing through was a sideways move to me over a buff/nerf as before you could pre hit someone going into an engagement and they'd get a bit of healing at the start now they don't so it changes the set up

Yeah, definitely debatable whether that one was a nerf or buff, but I think I prefer the current set up.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely debatable whether that one was a nerf or buff, but I think I prefer the current set up.

I do too but it's marginal to me, the ammo clip up is far more significant. I would support them dropping brings shield health in half atm she's a healer with a realistic health pool of 800 odd,heals herself while dosing, can throw armour to help a tank across the map, can stun constantly and safely, oh can can hit a pharrah in the air, plunk a tank off the side of a map from 20feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Brigitte is a high-skill character :pac:
    (I have a better replay I'll upload later)

165hrs of Pharah

Played a good few games on PC there, im like lvl400 on PS4 but only 70 on PC so its noob central, Reapers giving me guff for playing Winston because him and Pharah need a shield, solo healing Brigittes and swarms of DPS, even with the group feature.

Placed just under 1800 and having a solid run with Orisa, Winston and Zarya though, really enjoying playing again. Definitely think OW needs a few months break every now and then.

Started streaming my games too, had two viewers at one stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll be on PC in a few weeks now that I've ordered all my PC parts. Just waiting on a few bits to be delivered and then throw it all together.

Looking forward to seeing what Overwatch is like compared to consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Played a good few games on PC there, im like lvl400 on PS4 but only 70 on PC so its noob central, Reapers giving me guff for playing Winston because him and Pharah need a shield, solo healing Brigittes and swarms of DPS, even with the group feature.

Placed just under 1800 and having a solid run with Orisa, Winston and Zarya though, really enjoying playing again. Definitely think OW needs a few months break every now and then.

Started streaming my games too, had two viewers at one stage :D

Portrait level has no impact on the quality of players you are teamed with/face against.

Portrait level has no impact on the quality of players you are teamed with/face against.

I know its not indicitive of quality but people with 200-300hrs tend to be smarter than those with 10-15hrs, i had forgotten the heartache of your Zen using Trans to block a riptire until this morning.

Familiarity with characters is huge, most people im with on PC only know how to play 3 or 4, its frustrating that people cant swap because they have literally no idea how to play anyone else.

It gives me an edge alright as the enemy is as likely to be new too but I can only do so much when locked into tank or support, where counterpicks are harder to enforce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'll be on PC in a few weeks now that I've ordered all my PC parts. Just waiting on a few bits to be delivered and then throw it all together.

Looking forward to seeing what Overwatch is like compared to consoles.

I'm doing it in reverse, lvl 410 on PC but only started on PS4 as friends are playing it. Still a great game obviously but the pace is really different (way more so than stuff like COD or BF), hard to get used to after playing so much on PC.
    I know its not indicitive of quality but people with 200-300hrs tend to be smarter than those with 10-15hrs

That's what makes OW truly great. Game sense is just as important as (if not more than) mechanical skill.

And there are so many characters that lean so heavily on the former and the latter isn't even very important at all, so something for absolutely every player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »

Hundreds of hours and I had no idea Hog could take an entire Dva bomb

Hundreds of hours and I had no idea Hog could take an entire Dva bomb

Since the take a breather added the 50% damage reduction. Having loads of fun playing the Hog right now.

That is a cracking play right there

Since the take a breather added the 50% damage reduction. Having loads of fun playing the Hog right now.
    Never knew that!

penev10 wrote: »
    Never knew that!

It mean's you can be very aggressive and put yourself in to harms way to get a hook on someone. If there's a healer on your team paying attention (lol) you can be a huge damage sponge. Down side is obviously that you charge the enemy ults faster, but Take a breather reduces ult charge along with damage.

So much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1047848817461092352

Good skin, hope it has some decent voicelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

yesterday one of the enemy team left, the rest of them played on until it was our turn to attack (think it was blizzworld). They all left and we went back to straight home screen. Did you not get the SR anymore when the enemy team all leave? or did you ever.

• Advertisement

its pretty unfair not to get it if everyone leaves

Have had a great season overall but the other day i logged in to play and in first game i get a messageoff one of our team "youre not going to win today", then he just threw. And he was right, i lost the next 3 lul

bad taste after that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement