Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pretty sure you still get SR if the entire enemy team leaves, otherwise surely they wouldn't take it off the leaves team after the countdown either?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Have had a great season overall but the other day i logged in to play and in first game i get a messageoff one of our team "youre not going to win today", then he just threw. And he was right, i lost the next 3 lul

bad taste after that

Jaysis, what a sociopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I'm trying to play tracer. Feel like you have to have neck to lock in on her and then not budge otherwise you'll never get to play dps. get messages to switch but I've played enough qp to want to play comp with her. Its a hard life as a dps main I've always said it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'm trying to play tracer. Feel like you have to have neck to lock in on her and then not budge otherwise you'll never get to play dps. get messages to switch but I've played enough qp to want to play comp with her. Its a hard life as a dps main I've always said it!

Right now in the abundant stun I wouldn't want one on my team. An extremely high level one can win you games. A lower one loses you them atm

Right now in the abundant stun I wouldn't want one on my team. An extremely high level one can win you games. A lower one loses you them atm

so no one should 0lay tracer unless they're a master :)

• Advertisement

so no one should 0lay tracer unless they're a master :)

Going on team comp yeah there are easier heroes that'll help you win

Going on team comp yeah there are easier heroes that'll help you win

ah sure look we're not pros, you have to enjoy yourself. if everyone had to stay meta you wouldn't see half the characters and it would be boring as hell. Not that tracer is ever not meta tbf.

They can always set up a group if they want to dictate people's choices tbf. Getting messages from fellow dps players to play tank/healer is toxic/laughable

ah sure look we're not pros, you have to enjoy yourself. if everyone had to stay meta you wouldn't see half the characters and it would be boring as hell. Not that tracer is ever not meta tbf.

They can always set up a group if they want to dictate people's choices tbf. Getting messages from fellow dps players to play tank/healer is toxic/laughable
    I didn't say you had to, I said I'd prefer not to have one on my team atm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I didn't say you had to, I said I'd prefer not to have one on my team atm

I often feel the same about the likes of Ana, fair enough if you enjoy using her but she requires LOS, reasonable aim and positioning knowledge and I always think would we be better off with someone else that doesn't require the higher skill level to apply healing especially if your team is the likes of Genji/Tracer/Pharah type DPS.

I often feel the same about the likes of Ana, fair enough if you enjoy using her but she requires LOS, reasonable aim and positioning knowledge and I always think would we be better off with someone else that doesn't require the higher skill level to apply healing especially if your team is the likes of Genji/Tracer/Pharah type DPS.

Anna's by far my best healer!! That made me laugh

• Advertisement

Anna's by far my best healer!! That made me laugh

Which is fine hey but all the points apply and I would definitely rank Ana as a high skill char in order to get the best out of her heals and offensive skills ( I mean we've all had situations where you've to stand still to let the Ana get the heals on you after like 3 misses...) vs a passive Lucio, auto lock Mercy, spraying Moira etc. I suppose we could ultimately pick apart any hero for any specific skill band/team comp really though.

Which is fine hey but all the points apply and I would definitely rank Ana as a high skill char in order to get the best out of her heals and offensive skills ( I mean we've all had situations where you've to stand still to let the Ana get the heals on you after like 3 misses...) vs a passive Lucio, auto lock Mercy, spraying Moira etc. I suppose we could ultimately pick apart any hero for any specific skill band/team comp really though.
    The hardest part for me as an Anna player is people don't seem to mind Winston jumping over you into the back line. Monkey slept in the back then nobody turns around so you are ****ed a few seconds later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The hardest part for me as an Anna player is people don't seem to mind Winston jumping over you into the back line. Monkey slept in the back then nobody turns around so you are ****ed a few seconds later

Nothing like the adrenaline and panic of sleeping a flanker in the back line and spamming "group up with me!" in the hopes that Rein or Widow will turn around and charge or headshot the bastard into oblivion.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Shoot,Nade,Shoot will kill 200 health characters when they're slept. You have to wait for the wake up animation though or they'll be able to get away.

Alternatively the best thing you can do is just run towards your team or move to another safe spot when you sleep someone.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Shoot,Nade,Shoot will kill 200 health characters when they're slept. You have to wait for the wake up animation though or they'll be able to get away.

Alternatively the best thing you can do is just run towards your team or move to another safe spot when you sleep someone.

Doesn't work when Wiston is let dive away, or recently came across a very good reaper and sombra, always killed me or the other healer before we got near our team and they only peeled on like the 4th time we were killed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

More throwers in comp. last night.

Sent as message to a few asking what was going on. Replies along the lines of "LOL bored" and one " SHUT THE **** UP YOU MOTHER ****ER"

Reported them all, but really drained my enthusiasm. Roll on Tuesdays update. The Hammond and Parah skins look fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll be up and running on PC over the next little while. If you want to add me so you can laugh at me bumping into walls feel free.

Username is the same as Xbox - TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Ana needs peel, almost pointless picking her on solo queue. Even playing with friends it can be hard to get enough protection.

What are people's thoughts on Brig as a second support? Personally I feel she doesn't output enough healing and is only reliable in a tripple support set up.

penev10 wrote: »
    Ana needs peel, almost pointless picking her on solo queue. Even playing with friends it can be hard to get enough protection.

What are people's thoughts on Brig as a second support? Personally I feel she doesn't output enough healing and is only reliable in a tripple support set up.

I like her in solo que but not as a healer. She can reliably win most solo duels.

would you pick dps ana over tracer

• Advertisement

would you pick dps ana over tracer

If my name was jjonak yeah he is stupid stupid good he has actually been seriously winning games as dps Anna off solo flanking etc. But I was referring to Brig above. And if I seen a tracer I'd happily go brig

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

3 more skins

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1048324451002015744

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1048603790411276288

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1049102076154990592

That Pharah is the first skin I've TRULY been impressed by in a long time, lucky I have 8k gold saved up.

Pharah one is great. The widow one just looks like a slight rework of her default skin....

Wrecking ball is easy, so obvious they'd make him a pumpkin, guaranteed he'll get a giant football one once the Summer Games rolls around again (no pun intended).

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Halloween is such a gimme for skins, so many good options.

I like the ones they've shown so far, not all stellar fun nonetheless.

My favourite Halloween one might still be skeleton Zen - simple but cool.

Halloween is such a gimme for skins, so many good options.

I like the ones they've shown so far, not all stellar fun nonetheless.

My favourite Halloween one might still be skeleton Zen - simple but cool.

Mercys witch is a classic and whilst not scary Zaryas 80s look is awesome.

New mcree is very bane/bad guy from last mad max looks great

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Looking at the skins it looks like it will be Mccree, Wrecking ball (+ victory pose), Doomfist and Moira on my shopping list. Don't find the others interesting enough to bother to get (I got 17k gold atm as I got every normal and rare appearantly and only lack epic/legendary items so most boxes are 100% duplicates anyway) from this event (got all but Symmetra last year or I'd consider Mercy, Zenyatta etc. as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My computer decided to die after I get 1 match in & rebooted for something unrelated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

5 loot boxes last night, no skins and only 50 coins towards my Moira banshee fund, now standing at 2750

• Advertisement

Torb got a rework, as did Pharah to a lesser extent. New skins tho...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement