Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Soldier, Orisa and McCree got slight buffs too apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Soldier, Orisa and McCree got slight buffs too apparently.

McCree roll cooldown was reduced and Solider and Orissa bullet spread takes longer to hit full spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The more I hear Brigette speak, the more she annoys me and the new voice lines dont help that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I really thought we were getting a new event in the Chateau.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Just nighttime with some cosmetic effects. Didn't seem to be any different in FFA when I played it last night.

Personally I couldn't give a hoot about single player events. Theyre painful to play. I'd rather they put the devs put their energy into new heroes and maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Love how now everycunt plays torb who think hes always viable and has never played him before carry on throwing

His new ult is awful. Really situational.

His new ult is awful. Really situational.

He is good on small chokes vs armour. Everyone is playing him all the time vs anything. It's idiotic

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

He is good on small chokes vs armour. Everyone is playing him all the time vs anything. It's idiotic

"It's different now so no one will know the counters!" - every time a character gets major design changes.

Can't use him in comp though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

My SR is still up and down, swinging between mid plat and high gold, I watched a video from your Overwatch on how "rank is broken", usually take these videos with buckets of salt but one thing they did say that resonated, that regardless if using the LFG or SQ, the game is just total chaos. There's literally no way to climb properly in either as everyone just plays whatever regardless. Even with LFG will you will get 2-2-2 which is good start but the two dps will still stay on reaper/junk even though the enemy team have a phara. Or you will get two off-tank mains who don't know how to rein/winston (my case).

I don't know if this game is getting better or worse.

A Clans system would be a huge improvement, but two years in to the game it might be hard to break player habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

There's no fix in the world to make people better at computer games so i wouldnt hold your breath. Either you fill the team from your friends list or just hope you get lucky with the randomers

edit: are they working on a clan system? I can't imagine it'll be much different to lfg unless you really get to know the players

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think with LFG you have to be ruthless and just basically kick people who pull any of that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

You can always just join a clan anyway, don't need to wait for blizzard to implement it.

I'm hoping role queue will be the saviour of comp.

penev10 wrote: »
    You can always just join a clan anyway, don't need to wait for blizzard to implement it.

I'm hoping role queue will be the saviour of comp.

The fact that competitive is so bad 3 years on is really bad for the company. I know you have pro play but pro play is not anywhere near like competitive. Maybe a ban list like league where you get to veto certain things would be good.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    There's no fix in the world to make people better at computer games so i wouldnt hold your breath. Either you fill the team from your friends list or just hope you get lucky with the randomers

edit: are they working on a clan system? I can't imagine it'll be much different to lfg unless you really get to know the players

Well that's my point, it's just down to luck what team you get and winning games really comes down to who is slightly more organised, or if you have a slightly better dps, but there's no co-ordination at all.

I don't have a friends list, I don't really play with people online and it's hard to remember who was a good anna or rein player. Maybe a clan system would work, where we can get more specialized with our roles and finding similar people.

As of now ranked is still all over the place, the lfg is useful but you can still end up with wonky team comps, even more so if the roles are locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

The fact that competitive is so bad 3 years on is really bad for the company. I know you have pro play but pro play is not anywhere near like competitive. Maybe a ban list like league where you get to veto certain things would be good.

There is not a lot Blizzard can do really (and I wouldn't say it's bad for the company, game has been a huge success). The unfortunate aspect of online multiplayer is that for it to be at it's best, it requires people not to be a dick. And that's just never going to happen, and team-based MP modes are always the worst impacted.

Had some great games tonight using Find Group. On a triple tank triple support :
    Reinhardt/Orissa
    D.Va
    Zarya/Roadhog
    Moira
    Brigette
    Lucio

Had a lucky run of control point maps so we just rolled on, crushed skills and captured the point. Six wins in a row before we broke up.

Just wondering what heroes people play? Do you have 4/5 you stick too or try and play them all?

I generally just stick to hog/zarya/dva/anna/brig

If my team doesn't freak out I'll play sombra. Rarely get the chance to play any thing other than those, useless at genji, hate sym,torb. I don't think I'd have the time to go re-learning other heroes.

• Advertisement

Sight808 wrote: »
    Just wondering what heroes people play? Do you have 4/5 you stick too or try and play them all?

If my team doesn't freak out I'll play sombra. Rarely get the chance to play any thing other than those, useless at genji, hate sym,torb. I don't think I'd have the time to go re-learning other heroes.
    For dps I'd play reaper junk hanzo tracer, mcree a lot, tanks would be map dependant but rein, orissa, hog, zara, dva, healers anna, Brig zen,

Looking at it I'm not big on the mobility chars which is probably a bad thing

For the most part I'd choose depending on map or what the opponent is set up as. Came across a rein orissa combo in volskya a, went about charging ult as fast as possible to remove their shields our other dps was a soldier who refused to admit firing 19 damage against unlimited shields was pointless

Tanks; Orissa Roadhog or D.Va

Support: Moira, Brigette, Mery

DPS: Don't really enjoy DPS but will play Junkrat or Soldier 76 if needed.

A few other situational picks depending on the enemy set up but those would be the main ones. Playing LOADS of Widowmaker in quickplay routinely getting 4 kills a match. But what kills they are <3

support - gladly play all of them but I wouldn't pick Ana if i was playing a high plat/diamond match. Love playing her though

tanks - rein, dva, zarya & Winston. orisa on certain maps.

dps - pharah, soldier, junk, bastion

taking a little break to play blops but might make a push to hit diamond before season is out

support - gladly play all of them but I wouldn't pick Ana if i was playing a high plat/diamond match. Love playing her though

tanks - rein, dva, zarya & Winston. orisa on certain maps.

dps - pharah, soldier, junk, bastion

taking a little break to play blops but might make a push to hit diamond before season is out

Just out of curiosity why not Anna!? She is easily the most important healer for a team!?

Just out of curiosity why not Anna!? She is easily the most important healer for a team!?

I don't think I'm good enough with her

I don't think I'm good enough with her

She's the only proper healer I cAn play, I think it's because I get time to aim.

Ranked was awful tonight, really toxic. Leaving it till next season starts.

She's the only proper healer I cAn play, I think it's because I get time to aim.

Ranked was awful tonight, really toxic. Leaving it till next season starts.

Last week before season end is always a **** show.

I always find its a sh¡t show but good time to grind if you're willing to fully flex. Lots of teams wont get 2 healers or 2 tanks so if you will odds are your team might just be slightly less of a sh¡t show!

watching dafran play as torb the last few days, it looks like a lot of fun deffo going to try him in quickplay for a bit

• Advertisement

watching dafran play as torb the last few days, it looks like a lot of fun deffo going to try him in quickplay for a bit

Every game is now him and widow as dps. It's horrid. Bring on the new season

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement