Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sight808 wrote: »
    Just wondering what heroes people play? Do you have 4/5 you stick too or try and play them all?

I generally just stick to hog/zarya/dva/anna/brig

If my team doesn't freak out I'll play sombra. Rarely get the chance to play any thing other than those, useless at genji, hate sym,torb. I don't think I'd have the time to go re-learning other heroes.

DPS: Pharah one-trick :pac:

Kidding, I'll pick Pharah if team lets me DPS or if our DPS turns out to be useless in round 1. Only on certain maps or against Ana/McCree would I have to switch again.

I'm seeing good success with Moira, Brigitte and (surprisingly) Reinhardt.
    Used to play a lot of D.Va but something about her kit has changed and I find myself dying/de-meching too often.

Orisa is good on certain maps on Defense, Junkrat is a low-mobility Pharah but better against big-tank comps.

FYI in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, if you can get your team to agree to play GOATS it's usually an EZ faceroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

that explains the easy winning streak I had the other night!

Season 12 done, did not reach Diamond.

If I continue playing this game, I will definitely have to start using LFG; I can only take so many Genji+Hanzo+Widow comps before I start getting salty.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Season 12 done, did not reach Diamond.

If I continue playing this game, I will definitely have to start using LFG; I can only take so many Genji+Hanzo+Widow comps before I start getting salty.

I started the season using lfg, stopped after a while, I've no mic so got kicked from most groups so went back to solo q. Didn't see much difference, a lot of my solo q games were roughly 2/2/2.

I think if you really want to climb and eliminate the random picks you'll need to 6 stack with mates who are good at the meta heroes. Or just one trick and play a **** load

I did OK this season but played lots of different heroes, dva is op af, as is brig an was good getting Zarya meta again.

I've kind if given up, usually pick whatever I want and turn off voice now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I still think the Torb rework was just a pointless rework for the sake of it. Prefer the old Torb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I still think the Torb rework was just a pointless rework for the sake of it. Prefer the old Torb.

It's literally done just to have a counter for Brig but the problem is Brig can fire packs out every few seconds but torb only counters with ult

It's literally done just to have a counter for Brig but the problem is Brig can fire packs out every few seconds but torb only counters with ult

Plus Brig still builds 50% meter while Ulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I prefer new torb, really enjoying him lately.

I got to within a win of diamond, first season I haven't got there in a while but I never really tried either. Just flexed but id be happy to drop a rank next season and jsut play some new characters. enjoyment > sr

I tried out Arcade -> Competitive 4v4

Got ranked Diamond - 3129 SR :pac:
    All that Quake play paid off!

Everyone ready for the new season.

Uncooperative team mates! Mei one tricks! People who throw because you got rolled on the first point! DPS who won't pick hit scan even though an enemy phara has blown your supports to bits for over 3 minutes! French lads who argue with everything, even if you are winning! Not being able to play rein as you get just booped all over the gaff! Getting reported for picking Sombra/Widow! "Team is so bad" in game chat! Getting the same throwers for 2 games in a row and not having enough avoid slots! TEMPLE OF ANUBIS!

let's go boooooooooooois!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gimme those sweet sweet Roadhog buffs plzzzzzz

played 3 placements with torb, 2 wins 1 loss, soon as youre in a game where youre losing its "torb change", "torb is the problem" etc, I had gold damage and kills so i think we were actually just bad but I may leave voice chat and text chat while playing him. Switched anyway to shut them up and it didnt make a difference. #torblife

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

IvoryTower wrote: »
    played 3 placements with torb, 2 wins 1 loss, soon as youre in a game where youre losing its "torb change", "torb is the problem" etc, I had gold damage and kills so i think we were actually just bad but I may leave voice chat and text chat while playing him. Switched anyway to shut them up and it didnt make a difference. #torblife

The problem with torb is just cause he had a rework people think he is viable for every point in every map which he is not

IvoryTower wrote: »

Nothing against Torb in particular, but in general having gold damage/kills (which I seem to have most of my games) means very little if your team is losing cos the comp doesn't gel.
    Don't be mad - switching to a character that counters the enemy/gels with your team mates is better than stubbornly sticking to 1 and getting rolled.

Of course, that's harder to do when you lose the round in 3 team fights.

it's not that, I've no problem changing I just genuinely didn't think I was the problem. If you aren't playing a meta character you'll be the first to take the blame even if some players are doing nothing. That's just overwatch life, I'm guilty of it myself.

Did my placements, just powered through them. placed mid gold. now back to the witcher

Did my placements on pc, mid gold, mostly torb. He's quite nice to use now if you've never really used k/m before

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So i havent played the game in close to 12 months so a noob question,, while watching a video on youtube class levels were mentioned ie individual levels per class.
    Just wondering is this something new as i dont recall it and where can i check it out ingame?

Just played my first game and played my beloved mercy and got a tonne of endorsements after the game, thats a new feature too.

Dcully wrote: »
    So i havent played the game in close to 12 months so a noob question,, while watching a video on youtube class levels were mentioned ie individual levels per class.
    Just wondering is this something new as i dont recall it and where can i check it out ingame?

Just played my first game and played my beloved mercy and got a tonne of endorsements after the game, thats a new feature too.

Can you link the video?

Endorsements and the group up system are the big changes. They removed the defense class, so its just damage now (defense and attack combined)

• Advertisement

are you sure thats the right video!

Wrong vid sorry, cant for the life of me find it, i may have been on a twitch stream either :(

Dcully wrote: »
    Wrong vid sorry, cant for the life of me find it, i may have been on a twitch stream either :(

well not to worry, nothing major has changed

jus don't get close to Brigete and you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

New McCree trailer being shown now and what looks like a new hero from the deadlock gang.

It's actually Ashe. Cowboy with a rifle and the leader of the deadlock gang. Her Ultimate is Bob, a big fat robot :pac:

They also have hinted at Echo (I think that's what Jeff said).

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1058436526005137408?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

She could be a lot of fun. I wonder how you control Bob.

yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She looks cool. Haven't touched OW in ages but I'll give her a try. RDR2 is bringing out a love of western stuff in me.

Also, I feel like I've heard Jennifer Hale in at least 100 games now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Here's the new short introducing her (and possibly hero #30).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ashe was looking great, up until what i can only assume is her ult, Bob the robot :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement