Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »
    I was hoping the coach gun would feel more like Junkrat mine jumps.

You move faster with the gun when going straight up (or at least it felt that way) but you can't really vary your direction once you start moving. With Junk you can move a little off course but not with Ashe.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lego sets look pretty lame, only ones that look decent are the Rein/DVA/Bastion figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Yeah I want the Rein/Dva one, can't preorder outside of America unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yeah I want the Rein/Dva one, can't preorder outside of America unfortunately.

I was gonna pre-order that and the Bastion one, but Reins' legs look a little odd on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Ashe looks like she plays like a Destiny character with a really satisfying scout rifle, can't wait to try her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Ashe looks like she plays like a Destiny character with a really satisfying scout rifle, can't wait to try her.

She's a retooled Widow, very powerful in the right hands.
    Unfortunately i suck at hitscan weapons. Also, she might be a natural counter to Pharah :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What are her damage numbers?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

J. Marston wrote: »
    What are her damage numbers?

I thought I read 170 for a headshot on reddit, so she's comparable to McCree damage wise. (that might only be for a scoped headshot)

Edit: Found this here
    scoped:
    - 85 dmg per shot (so one 170 dmg headshot and a melee attack or any other shot kills a 200 HP target. Damage boosted by Mercy or Zen orb = 221 headshot damage.)
    - 12 shots fired in ~7.8 seconds, so ~1.54 shots/sec
    - ~131 DPS non-crit without reloads, ~86 DPS non-crit with reloads
    - hitscan
    - has damage falloff which begins at ~33 m
    - Ashe's "scope" doesn't limit her FOV as much as Widow's or Ana's
    - While scoped in Ashe gets slowed down only a little bit and she can still jump (Widow and Ana get slowed down a lot and jumping cancels their scope)

unscoped:
    - 40 damage per shot (5 body shots to kill a 200 HP target)
    - 12 shots fired in ~2.8 s, so ~4.3 shots/sec
    - ~171 DPS non-crit without reloads, ~71 DPS non-crit with reloads
    - hitscan
    - the first shot has pinpoint accuracy. Spread ramps up after that, shots 4+ have max spread
    - has damage falloff which begins at ~23 m

reload of all 12 shots: 4.0 seconds

Coach Gun:
    - ~90 dmg point blank, cannot headshot. Shooting a wall reveals a typical big shotgun spread pattern, like when Reaper or Hog shoot a wall.
    - ~15 m range (surprisingly long range. The damage gets very low at max range, but the knockback distance doesn't seem to be affected at first glance.)
    - 10 s CD
    - seems to be hitscan, can be used mid air to gain momentum (doesn't need a surface to push against)
    - if you coach a deflecting genji you get knocked back twice; from the actual shot and from the deflect. (thx limede)

Dynamite:
    - ~175-145 damage overall against enemies (~75-45 explosion followed by ~100 tick damage; has damage falloff the farther you're away from the center of the explosion)
    - 87-66 self damage overall (ouch)
    - ~5 m explosion radius
    - range: you can throw it super far (40+ m), but it's a rather slow projectile (which is a deliberate decision by the devs so you can shoot it in the air, I think)
    - 10 s CD. The CD starts right after the throw. When the Dynamite hits the ground (which can take a while when you throw it high in the air) it will detonate by itself after 2.0 seconds.

Bob:
    - Bob's gun: ~111 DPS (kills a 200 HP target in 1.8 sec with his gun alone) at short range, ~75 DPS near his max range limit
    - Bob's gun has 40 m range
    - 1200 HP
    - His initial charge has a very long range, 60+ m. He can fall down somewhere and continue his charge, but he can't wall climb, so his charge will stop when he hits a wall or an enemy.
    - initial impact: ~120 dmg (it has a lengthy animation before Bob starts shooting though, so even if Bob hits a target with his charge and then shoots him with his gun afterwards it still takes him 1.8 sec to kill a 200 HP target. The target is knocked up though and so can't hide from Bob as easily.)
    - Bob stays for ~10.5 sec (begins after Bob stops running (dabtech))
    - While Bob is out Ashe can already gain ult charge for the next Bob (Bob's dmg won't count, but her own dmg will (CeeBeeKid))
    - Bob can be hacked and won't do anything for the duration of the hack (Appunator)

Was on about 9 or 10 last night playing a bit of Mystery Heroes as is traditional for a weekday evening, and went about 6 or 7 games in a row without winning.

I don't mind losing, but after that many on the trot though I get aggro and start to look for someone to blame. I kept coming up against a four stack of high masters/low GM and they just trounced everyone. Turned every team fight, couldn't beat them.

Went off to QP in a huff and i swear i lost another 6 or 7 games in a row. My own bad play, people leaving mid game, better opposition - just kept losing.

Been playing for a few hours now and i'm getting desperate and exasperated and have to be up for work at 6, but i can't get off till i win a game. I'll never sleep, too wound up.

So i swap back and forth between QP and MH, just losing and losing...getting more angry and probably playing worse.

Finally managed to win a game at about 1:20 am, got to bed, overslept and was late for work.

Lesson for those with poor impulse control, don't chase the win :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

jesus man its not even comp lol. You must be the only person I know who cares about a win in quickplay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I see defran said **** it, quit the league uninstall Ed the game, said he hates overwatch

I see defran said **** it, quit the league uninstall Ed the game, said he hates overwatch

what?!

He only joined Atlanta 2 weeks ago?!

dafran was suspended during the majority of June 2017 from all Blizzard sanctioned events for throwing games and griefing in ranked play during Competitive Season 5. He was therefore benched from the starting roster of Selfless Gaming.

He later announced that he had thrown the games in an attempt to "get out of playing" professional Overwatch, and that he had quit playing professionally. He mentioned that competing and scrimming had "made [him] very depressed and bored".
    That lad needs therapy.
    And a job that has him interacting with people instead of Twitch chat.

I really like dafran, would watch owl just for him. Hope he sorts it out

Was on about 9 or 10 last night playing a bit of Mystery Heroes as is traditional for a weekday evening, and went about 6 or 7 games in a row without winning.

I don't mind losing, but after that many on the trot though I get aggro and start to look for someone to blame. I kept coming up against a four stack of high masters/low GM and they just trounced everyone. Turned every team fight, couldn't beat them.

Went off to QP in a huff and i swear i lost another 6 or 7 games in a row. My own bad play, people leaving mid game, better opposition - just kept losing.

Been playing for a few hours now and i'm getting desperate and exasperated and have to be up for work at 6, but i can't get off till i win a game. I'll never sleep, too wound up.

So i swap back and forth between QP and MH, just losing and losing...getting more angry and probably playing worse.

Finally managed to win a game at about 1:20 am, got to bed, overslept and was late for work.

1. Mystery Heroes is dumb. Stop playing it, you won't improve anything since you can't focus on team comp, ult management, or even aim since you never know which hero you'll get.
    2. Play with a 3-Strikes rule: If you lose 3 games in a row, turn off the game & do something else: read a book/long article, watch a TV show or whatever.
    3. Understand that QP is not to be taken seriously. Many players use it as a warmup round before going into Competitive, so they won't care if they lose team fights, get out of position, have bad team composition, etc.
      Since it sounds like you do care, get a mic & play Comp.
    4. When playing Comp, make an active effort to never raise your voice in anger, or belittle anyone. It does wonders for your team if you're not screaming obscenities in their ear about why you think they suck.
    5. Take breaks from OW. It's not your job, and it doesn't need to be the only thing you do on your computer.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    what?!

He only joined Atlanta 2 weeks ago?!

Yeah blew up last night only played mercy damage boosting an laughing at those asking for heals. Then at the end uninstall Ed. Has no atlanta anything on his accounts anymoe

I'd try not to worry about winning or losing but especially in those game modes. I play QP to try out a specific hero. Can torb work on attack? Let's find out. I don't even look at our team composition. We don't have a healer? So be it. Its quick play after all.

As for mystery heroes... how can you possibly get a decent team composition

Sounds you lost simply because you got landed on the wrong team. Nothing to do with yourself.

I'd try not to worry about winning or losing but especially in those game modes. I play QP to try out a specific hero. Can torb work on attack? Let's find out. I don't even look at our team composition. We don't have a healer? So be it. Its quick play after all.

As for mystery heroes... how can you possibly get a decent team composition

Sounds you lost simply because you got landed on the wrong team. Nothing to do with yourself.

I won a Comp game (mid-Plat) 2-0 with 6 DPS against a balanced team :pac:

Hah thanks guys - above was just meant to be a funny story about a run of bad luck, i'm not raging at team mates so much as baffled and frustrated about a single nights bad luck! I never give out in comms, not that many people join on console.

I love OW and play a couple of times a week for a few hours - win rate is probably 50/50 and i have fun every night which made last night such an anomaly.

For the record:
    - Mystery Heroes is amazing. Yeah it has obvious flaws with bad comps and steamrolls, but the randomness and variety and trying to shove some structure on top of the chaos is a mix that i just adore.
    - 3 strikes Rule is normally adhered to, just one of those nights where common sense got away
    - Just to be clear, I always use a mic. In comp i'm the one encouraging, trying to lighten the tone if things get heated, calling out racist/sexist bull****. I'll even send compliments to the enemy after a game if they crushed us. In QP i'm looking to have chats and a laugh if anyone is about. 100% agreed that throwing obscenities about and raging at teammates is ****ty behaviour and helps noone.
    - I've about 1500 hours played and love it more than ever, feel the balance is really good at the moment. At least on console at my level anyway.

Oh and Torb definitely works on attack now, seeing him everywhere!

dont lie, you never play comp :)

Loving Torb its just a pity it's so hard to stay in voice chat. Switch chat back on yesterday, 2 games in, in spawn, "torb switch, torb switch", i just said nothing, had a good round, now on defense, torb switch or we're reporting you, in text chat telling the other team to report me. It's just exhausting and not worth waiting to see if the team are going to be nice or not. I ended up having a great game and we won. Up about 200sr on pc with him with 60% winrate so i know he's viable and certainly better than my other dps picks.

I could pick soldier and get 20 kills, no one would say a word, pick torb and get 50 kills, "torb switch"

• Advertisement

dont lie, you never play comp :)

You know me too well :(
    This was the first season i didn't do my placements, despite many promises to get back into it. Some day.

I'm still struggling with his new ult, it feels really brief to me and i always end up wasting half of it...any tips other than the obvious "aim better"?

You know me too well :(
    This was the first season i didn't do my placements, despite many promises to get back into it. Some day.

I'm still struggling with his new ult, it feels really brief to me and i always end up wasting half of it...any tips other than the obvious "aim better"?

Think of it as a zoning ult. Put it around an entrance you know you need to stall or not have people come through. More area the better as two blobs on each other don't stack

yeah pretty much exclusively used on points and around the payload

still just getting the hang of it myself,many many wasted ults

yeah pretty much exclusively used on points and around the payload

still just getting the hang of it myself,many many wasted ults

This but also on very select chokes. Hanemoura A can singlehandedly win a team fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mystery Heroes is the biz, the sheer variety and random nature of it means it practically has eternal staying power. I rarely play QP anymore, almost entirely MH and then comp as well.

I still miss the old Torb though he's better balanced now in terms of flexibility and that's obviously the point I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The stress in Mystery Hero's when you get to about 85% ult charge is delicious :D

i think MH is very enjoyable but on payload/hybrid maps it can often be a case of first bastion wins.

when you die with ult...

i like MH but i just like comp too much to often bother with it

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I find it odd that you get just a bunch of games like that, just losing constantly. I've easily gone on 5/7 losing streaks that have lasted over a few days, playing out of your skin and still losing. Don't get the winning streaks as much as the earlier seasons either, the game is still mostly, steam roll team and win, get steam rolled and lose.

• Advertisement

Sight808 wrote: »
    I find it odd that you get just a bunch of games like that, just losing constantly. I've easily gone on 5/7 losing streaks that have lasted over a few days, playing out of your skin and still losing. Don't get the winning streaks as much as the earlier seasons either, the game is still mostly, steam roll team and win, get steam rolled and lose.

The game is a **** show if you take it seriously. People won't flex off their choice as it means they are wrong. Mcree and hanzo into pirate ship is one I encountered the other day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement